Airplane Thread

20190327-123547.jpg

So Japan lost radar contact with one of their A version F35. I hope they find the pilot alive and well.

Got a mental boner watching this:

First ever memory I had as a kid of what I wanted to do in life is being a jet fighter pilot.... oh well you gotta have dreams right.... flying in an F22 is one of them.... I know it will never ever happen...

https://defence-blog.com/news/f-22-raptor-fighter-jet-makes-historic-flight-with-blue-angels.html

Interesting thing I noted through out reading some articles over the time:

The US is ready to share the F35 tech including some of the software code which is in part one of the strengths of that plane, in case of the F22 they keep everything secret, the Japanese even wanted to shell out the cash to re-open the production lines.... but that meant US would of had to sell it to them and obviously share some of the "secret" tech with them...

EDIT:

@SR-71, I have read/watched quite a few videos about that jet, holy crap, didn't know it was thaaaaaaaat fast, you know they're working on the SR-72, which it's expected to be able to act as a bomber as well and not just for spying.

Last edited:
Je reprends encore le Dreamliner demain.

J'adore vraiment cet avion!

Il est beau en raton laveur!
b3bcc5f3885e2539a02940ca40073c65.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Got a mental boner watching this:

First ever memory I had as a kid of what I wanted to do in life is being a jet fighter pilot.... oh well you gotta have dreams right.... flying in an F22 is one of them.... I know it will never ever happen...
[video]https://www.facebook.com/Diamond9Productions/videos/2712505848766053/[/url]

https://defence-blog.com/news/f-22-raptor-fighter-jet-makes-historic-flight-with-blue-angels.html

Interesting thing I noted through out reading some articles over the time:

The US is ready to share the F35 tech including some of the software code which is in part one of the strengths of that plane, in case of the F22 they keep everything secret, the Japanese even wanted to shell out the cash to re-open the production lines.... but that meant US would of had to sell it to them and obviously share some of the "secret" tech with them...

EDIT:

@SR-71, I have read/watched quite a few videos about that jet, holy crap, didn't know it was thaaaaaaaat fast, you know they're working on the SR-72, which it's expected to be able to act as a bomber as well and not just for spying.
The aurora project was and is likely a real thing that led to the X-37... The SR-71 was retired because of cost... The tanker support was huge for a single mission even a training mission. The tankers were needed at specific points. Basically it would take off and refuel and keep re refueling
The true top speed is still very much classified .. Brian Shul says and confirmed by USAF at Mach 3.5 while evading a missle. The scary part is the plane kept accelerating.... There are well "confirmed" rumors of around Mach 4 tests but the stress on the engines and airframe was immense. Operational missions were flown mach 3-3.2. Yea a mig 25 could get there but couldnt sustain the speed, the engines were destroyed after a few minutes along with the airframe... Basically fly , fire a missile and get back. Hope for the best

The aurora project was and is likely a real thing that led to the X-37... The SR-71 was retired because of cost... The tanker support was huge for a single mission even a training mission. The tankers were needed at specific points. Basically it would take off and refuel and keep re refueling
The true top speed is still very much classified .. Brian Shul says and confirmed by USAF at Mach 3.5 while evading a missle. The scary part is the plane kept accelerating.... There are well "confirmed" rumors of around Mach 4 tests but the stress on the engines and airframe was immense. Operational missions were flown mach 3-3.2. Yea a mig 25 could get there but couldnt sustain the speed, the engines were destroyed after a few minutes along with the airframe... Basically fly , fire a missile and get back. Hope for the best

Yup, heat from the air friction at those speed apparently were starting to become an issue for the titanium alloy the jet was made off, but yeah I read that story when they were evading a missle and took it over march 3.5

Funny fact, the titanium needed to make the sr-71 wasn't very easy to come by at those times, so they actually created fake companies to buy the titanium from the russians and than made the jet from that titanium to spy on them, that's nice haha...

Yup, heat from the air friction at those speed apparently were starting to become an issue for the titanium alloy the jet was made off, but yeah I read that story when they were evading a missle and took it over march 3.5

Funny fact, the titanium needed to make the sr-71 wasn't very easy to come by at those times, so they actually created fake companies to buy the titanium from the russians and than made the jet from that titanium to spy on them, that's nice haha...
Yep the CIA setup shell companies to purchase it.

There's a fully restored Messerschmitt in yellow Luftwaffe colors flying over my house in circles. Near Rosemere/Lorraine. Anyone know anything about it?

There's a fully restored Messerschmitt in yellow Luftwaffe colors flying over my house in circles. Near Rosemere/Lorraine. Anyone know anything about it?

Not saying it didn't happen, but pics or it didn't happen!!! :)

Seriously, was it fully yellow or just the nose? Because full Yellow is the colour of commonwealth training aircraft which infinitely (well kinda) more common than a Luftwaffe Messerschmitt. And from a distance, they can be mixed up, kinda.

Back