Airplane Thread

upa9umyn.jpg

F-117 Nighthawk will remain to be my most favorite Aircraft. If only the government would utilize these instead of our CF-188

F-117_Nighthawk_2152064930.jpg

F-117 Nighthawk will remain to be my most favorite Aircraft. If only the government would utilize these instead of our CF-188

F-117_Nighthawk_2152064930.jpg

right...... That makes total sense!

Actually the USA still has them mothballed in storage sheds.. Rumor has it that a few still fly around.
f-117-storage-tonopah.jpg

24701_18623dd.jpg

I'm not really a plane lover, but this thread is cool!

Here's a couple of pics of planes I've taken while driving the truck:

The only airworthy B29 Superfortress, taken over Buffalo in June 2012:
P1050130.jpg

A P51 Mustang sitting on an airstrip in Indiana:
P1040171.jpg

Some kind of fighter jet doing low-altitude maneuvers at an air show in Charlo, NB in August 2011:
P1030601.jpg

I have a very good friend that is a 747-8 Captain for CX(Cathay Pacific). He said the IGS 13 approach to KaiTak was spectacular and required a ton of concentration but became routine. He said the scary part was when you had to take off from runway 31 heading towards Lion Rock/Beacon Hill, tt was the reverse of IGS 13 approach but in a nearly fully loaded 747...

Shit happens to all airlines. News is slow these days so they'll print anything. It's not like there is a spare plane waiting around at all times ready to go pick up passengers.

I was expecting the article to be about some guy from Amos flying to Cuba for the first time and having to pay extra for his hockey bag.

^^ I should check it out sometime. Even before boarding a flight you can spot & differentiate the experienced flyers vs the newbies.

Back