Airplane Thread

Yeah not the same but bad timing for the 737 family
Max is in the news for being ready to fly again in most countries but 737 is in the news for that crash. And media remind of the 2 max crash in the articles for the 737-500... especially that the 1st max crash was in the same region that the crash of today.

Yeah not the same but bad timing for the 737 family
Max is in the news for being ready to fly again in most countries but 737 is in the news for that crash. And media remind of the 2 max crash in the articles for the 737-500... especially that the 1st max crash was in the same region that the crash of today.
I don't expect anything less from the media. 737 Classic has been in service for 30+ years. This was perhaps the first major crash of the type https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kegworth_air_disaster

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

No idea but in Canada we are still using 737-200 cause one of the 2 civil jet (other one also no more in production) that can use gravel runway.

how many 500s still in service? not a whole lot (zero?) in western countries.
Nolinor, Canadian North/First Air backbone is Classics. Not even mentioning -200s Which can do gravel/ ice runways. Nolinor I believe has newest and lowest hour -200 in the world. They got it from some private fleet in Africa

Btw classic is -300 -400 -500 with CFMs.. NG is -600+

-100 and -200 are JT8D powered, smokey and loud baby!

Canadian operator Nolinor Aviation could boast currently having a true “greybear” that was delivered to the company in 2014. The airline is flying Boeing 737-200, which was manufactured in 1974. The over 46-year-old 737-200 jet is currently registered as C-GNLK. The oldie has been passed to different owners twelve times in a row, starting from Transavia.

The second oldest Boeing in the world also belongs to Nolinor Aviation. The 737-200 jet, registered as C-GNLE, was made in 1975
Nolinor has the most important fleet of 200.

Isn't the 200 capable of landing on gravel which makes desirable for airlines flying the great north?

Isn't the 200 capable of landing on gravel which makes desirable for airlines flying the great north?
Yes and ice strips for a jet. However those are slowly drying up as more settlements get paved and proper NAV equipment. Lots of mines don't . ATR aircraft have a rough field equipment package as add on as well. I don't think anyone is operating BAe146 or RJ85 up there but there is a rough field version as well.

I last flew on a RJ85 CDG-DUB in 2019
ba2a7b2d89e163c6d20628d5f37fdcf0.jpg

Yeah, that is why we keep flying them in Canada.
Glencore own 2 of them to ensure staff and cargo delivery to their mine Raglan
Nolinor and air inuit also have a fleet for the north.
The 200 is able to use gravel runway because of a gravel deflector (similar in appearance to a wide ski) mounted to the nose wheel, and vortex dissipators, using compressor bleed air, in front of each engine to avoid debris in the engine

It's a unique operation. I remember years ago reading someone wanted to buy An-72/74s for artic operations. I guess that didn't get anywhere for obvious reasons such as certification and getting parts and embargo

It's also the most popular aircraft in the world.... It's like saying "oh another Toyota Corolla or Civic crashed"

Stop being so feeble-minded

would rather be feeble-minded rather than an a hole, have a good day.

Not sure if meant to represent me being a cry baby or you crying cause I didn't offer a blowjob? Guess we all find out things about ourselves during the pandemic... good for you man...
My heart is broken

Back