Incoming snowstorm - Enjoy your AWD/4X4s boys and girls!

Personnellement j'ai pas vraiment vu de héros en Subaru, mais beaucoup de héros en pick up full size 4x4 par contre, ou même en full size truck.

626404-plus-dizaine-vehicules-ete-impliques.jpg

Quelqu'un a "enjoyé" son AWD un peu trop fort. Combien j'en ai vus des sur-hommes en 4x4 sur la voie de gauche à + de 80km/h dans des conditions de visibilité quasi-nulle. J'en (des 4x4,SUV) ai vus beaucoup prendre le champ. Bande de show-off. :)
Ca plutot l'air d'un carambolage... regarde un peu avant de jugé.

Quelqu'un a "enjoyé" son AWD un peu trop fort. Combien j'en ai vus des sur-hommes en 4x4 sur la voie de gauche à + de 80km/h dans des conditions de visibilité quasi-nulle. J'en (des 4x4,SUV) ai vus beaucoup prendre le champ. Bande de show-off. :)

That's the thing about a lot of these people, they get way too confident. Hope he's alright though.

Ca plutot l'air d'un carambolage... regarde un peu avant de jugé.

Ouais, ça l'air du carambolage a Berthier sur la 40.

Aucun rapport avec le fait de rouler trop vite, y'est arriver la meme chose qu'y arrive a chaque année sur la 40 entre L'Assomption/Lavaltrie. Visibilité nulle, une bonne femme qui fourre les brake pi tout le monde se rentre dedans.

How do you drive up university street today?

Plain a simple... Keep your momentum, and low gears try to keep low RPM and slowly but surely you'll make it.

I park at the end of university (next to the RVH emergencie) been 10 years been doing it.. Then you have these taxis drivin like idiots and sliding everywhere..

Like I said just cause I own an AWD I don't think I'm invincible, I know my limits...I know that some people abuse of having an AWD and yes it does go to their head.. However my car is 70% RWD - 30% AWD So I know I can't plow in a storm like this, I drive safely

Moi ce matin CHU sorti avec ma blonde.. On aurait voulu aider mais y avait juste trop de monde partout. On est arrêtés pour un char dans le champs sur la route mais si on avait poussé ou fait le towing je serais encore là en ce moment.

Les gens auraient du juste rester chez eux au lieu d'aller magasiner.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Plain a simple... Keep your momentum, and low gears try to keep low RPM and slowly but surely you'll make it.

I park at the end of university (next to the RVH emergencie) been 10 years been doing it.. Then you have these taxis drivin like idiots and sliding everywhere..

Like I said just cause I own an AWD I don't think I'm invincible, I know my limits...I know that some people abuse of having an AWD and yes it does go to their head.. However my car is 70% RWD - 30% AWD So I know I can't plow in a storm like this, I drive safely
yea no point nailing the gas on a hill like a crazy person from a dead stop and dig a nice hole.

However if it was from speed or on straights low gear high RPM keeps you going through thick stuff (think off road redneck mudbogs). I like to put in 2nd then I still have 1st if needed, however I try not to shift because you lose power to the wheels during the shift. Helps having skinny tires as well.. I plowed through about 30-35cm of snow in some areas today and it was kinda sketchy even by my standards because I feared I'd get stuck if I stopped. Actually I did have to stop and guess what happened? Took forever to get going about but the Subaru managed

Mes parents on fait Boucherville - Le Massif en partant ce matin. La A6 avec le cruise adaptatif, dessendus la les yeux fermés sans encombre. Moi je m'en retourne faire mon sur-homme en F350 et m'amuser un peu!

I believe MTL did have it worse, Quebec city was hell on earth but it's fucking fun and I just drove around shopping with the GF all day.

Shit was rockin

On the second video, the lady that was driving the Mazda blew her transmission trying to rock her car unstuck and they had to push her out of the way because the waiting line for a tow truck is like 5 hours or more. The buses are STILL stuck there as I post this (at least they were 10 minutes ago or so.)

I love my Sidekick.

How do you blow a transmission doing that?

I believe MTL did have it worse, Quebec city was hell on earth but it's fucking fun and I just drove around shopping with the GF all day.

Shit was rockin

How do you blow a transmission doing that?

Either the diff/planetary gear set fails because it overheats, You'll need a new core most likely because the trans will puke it's guts. There is also the shifting with the wheels still spinning from D -R and my favorite overheating the clutch packs. The trans shops next week will be very busy.

je pense que tu c'est pas c'est quoi un plan d'urbanisme.

Haha. Je pense c'est plus toi qui sait pas c'est quoi mon cher. Surtout que les rues de Montréal étaient déjà pas mal toute construite quand le plan d'urbanisme est rentré en vigeur dans les années 90...

Et juste de-même, un plan d'urbanisme c'est du qualitatif.. si tu es capable de me trouver des normes par exemple : Les rues auront X m de large... vas-y...

Y'en est tombé en maudit de la neige. 5 pieds en avant de mon balcon.. pelleté 3 fois mes marches!

Either the diff/planetary gear set fails because it overheats, You'll need a new core most likely because the trans will puke it's guts. There is also the shifting with the wheels still spinning from D -R and my favorite overheating the clutch packs. The trans shops next week will be very busy.
I see what you mean when people rock it back and forth using the momentum and frantic shifting and all.

I have an automatic so I don't use the momentum when I rock the car, I just create space.

If I'm stuck I'll go forward until it doesn't move, hold the brake with my left foot to hold the car where it is so I don't slide back in, shift to R, let off the brake and give good gas until no more movement in reverse then again quickly hold the brake not to slide back in, shift to D and repeat calmly until enough space is created to gain momentum and get out.

It's not really any different from the normal use of the tranny, brakes are always applied when shifting so the wheels are not moving and I don't break it. Anyways I hope...

Good job man...!

De mon côté, j'ai déblayé la cour de 2 de mes voisins qui n'avaient pas pris de contrats de déneigement, et ils avaient presque la larme aux yeux...hahaha. La gratte leur avait fait un bon 3 pieds de neige pactée solide x environ 30' de large...

Pis j'ai donné du gaz à un autre de mes voisins pour sa propre souffleuse. Le pauvre, il sort pour déblayé...fait pas 50' pis manque de gaz...y pouvait pas sortir non plus à cause du 3' x 30' de neige pactée dans son entrée de cour...

J'y étais allé en Jeep 1hr avant...avant que la gratte passe pour la 1ère fois à 14h00... dans le plus fort de la tempête...! Trop cool avec le ESP à "OFF"...!

Je travaillais pas aujourd'hui et j'ai tiré mes voisins toute la journée avec mon jeep. Au moins 6 juste devant chez nous. Y en a un, du coin de la rue à chez nous, environ 150m, il a du resté pris 5-6 fois. Quand je suis arrivé avec le jeep pis que j'ai sortie avec le sling, ça face était pricless.

Tite madame prise dans neige. J'étais en train de tirer un autre voisin quand ellle, elle s'est dit, fuck off, moi je vais passer avec mon Yaris... Ben non.

IMAG0653.jpg

4x4 low avec l'ESP a OFF, c'est priceless :D

it used to snow more than this on a regular basis back in the days . the last id say 15-20 years though there hasnt been much snowfall at all so people got used to not having to deal with this shit . go google images of winter snowfalls in the 70's for example . the city would be paralysed for a few days , 10 foot snowbanks etc . my pops told me back in the days sometimes it would cover ur entire house door and u couldnt get outside without shoveling . try that on for size in a RWD titanic with no computers lol

yeah probably, last winter I was on the same setup with the same coilovers but I was a bit higher.

Le truc avec un FWD c'est de pas lacher le gaz et d'y aller assez vite. Si tu rentre dans la neige lentement, t'est sur de rester pogner.

Sinon, sur l'autoroute, je considère que mon corolla FWD avec des pneus à clous était plus safe que la majorité des 4X4. Le devant qui tire le char + des bon pneus ça aide

4runner sur le 4high c,est ben le fun. Mais quand la circulation jam, tu peux pas t'y rendre anyway.
Ah mais les astis de chauffeurs de tracteur qui text en sortant d'une entré commercial sans regarder, J'ai envie de leur crisser un osti de coup de pelle de métal dans les dents.

Back