Computer experts needed

AriGold

Hey guys, so yesterday i was doing my annual clean up of my place to see if theres any old stuff i could donate to kids or the homeless, when i happened to stumble upon my old collection of CD Rom games (im talking old stuff like AoE2, Starcraft, Warfcraft etc etc). So today i decided why not lets see if i my macbook can run one these badboys, i decided to install AoE2. Now when it came to installing the game opened up on my windows parallels desktop application, installing the game was no problem just opened the run file on parallels and it was done within 10 minutes. Now the problem is when i clicked on the AoE shortcut the game would start and then this message would appear "Please insert the correct CDRom, select OK and restart application". What i dont understand is that the cdrom is in my mac, parallels read it to install but now it cant read it and play the damn thing? What can i do cuz this was a huge nostalgic cock tease :( Thanks!

TLDR: i installed AoE2 on macbook in the windows parallels application, when i try to play the game i keep getting a message in parallels saying "Please insert the correct CDRom, select ok and restart application", what do i do so i could play this game?

You can download the mac version of warcraft and starcraft from blizzards website. Just need to add the game to your battle.net account and you can redownload it as many times as you want.

Macbook is not a computer. /thread

Definition: A computer is a general purpose device that can be programmed to carry out a finite set of arithmetic or logical operations. Since a sequence of operations can be readily changed, the computer can solve more than one kind of problem.
Conventionally, a computer consists of at least one processing element, typically a central processing unit (CPU) and some form of memory. The processing element carries out arithmetic and logic operations, and a sequencing and control unit that can change the order of operations based on stored information. Peripheral devices allow information to be retrieved from an external source, and the result of operations saved and retrieved.

Description of a MacBook: The MacBook Pro is a line of Macintosh portable computers introduced in January 2006 by Apple Inc., and now in its third generation. Replacing the PowerBook G4, the MacBook Pro was the second model, after the iMac, to be announced in the Apple–Intel transition. It is also the high-end model of the MacBook family and is currently produced with 13- and 15-inch screens, although a 17-inch version has been offered previously.

The definition of an object isn't really what it is, but what it's actually used for. For example if you take a stick of wood and use it as a walking stick it then becomes a CANE.

By that standard, I stand by my previous statement that the Macbook is NOT a computer.

This is a computer:

space1999.jpg

Unless you use it to prove quantum/string theories with complex mathematical equations, or to plot the trajectory of anything ballistic to be hurled at your neighbouring country, your Macbook is at best a multimedia machine, consider it the 2300$ evolution of a television or a Nintendo.

Listen guy i really dont care about what a computer is, but im happy that youve got a real passion for the term "computer", im just trying to play a game to kill some time that ill probably just end up putting away by the end of the day

I think he wanted AOE2 actually...but seriously why not just download the damn thing? or PM me and I'll send u a rar file of the game that I use all the time...well all the time might be a slight exaggeration, but whenever I play I use it

edit: and btw, there is now a computer section that you can use for these types of questions, it's actually pretty busy considering.

I think he wanted AOE2 actually...but seriously why not just download the damn thing? or PM me and I'll send u a rar file of the game that I use all the time...well all the time might be a slight exaggeration, but whenever I play I use it

edit: and btw, there is now a computer section that you can use for these types of questions, it's actually pretty busy considering.

So you don't see the irony of sending a flash game to a mac user?

My humor is wasted here...

line_figure_depressed_md_wm.jpg

Probably has something to do with the fact that your running in emulation.

Go on tha interwebs and google NOCD <<insert game name here>> and viola, download the cracked .EXE file and run.

Probably has something to do with the fact that your running in emulation.

Go on tha interwebs and google NOCD <<insert game name here>> and viola, download the cracked .EXE file and run.

ca c'est la meilleur facon de pogné un virus.

J'te conseil d'aller sur des sites officiels comme Gamecopyworld, astalavista.box.sk, skidrowgames.net, skidrowcrack.com ou des tracker privé.

Ummmm...

When you google, you will get sites like gamecopyworld. That and most people have a bloody anti-virus, and on top of that; its a fricken emulation version of windows... nothing will happen.

Back