News: Here it comes: The new Infiniti G, uh I mean Q50

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
1212-q50-teaserb.jpg

Infiniti is bringing the next iteration of its Q50, formerly known as the G, to the 2013 Detroit Auto Show, and to give us a hint as to what the car will look like, the brand dropped a teaser video online today showing off the headlight design.

The new Q50 is expected to be influenced by the Emerg_e concept car in sedan form, with the coupe and convertible variants to follow later in 2013. Size wise the Q50 will be growing slightly, though fuel economy is said to be improved.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...fore-detroit-auto-show-debut.html#more-173639

Looks a bit like the Saab 9-5 with the LEDs above the light. I really hope it's descent. I guess we'll all grow accustomed to the Q50 label but I still think it's stupid.

That's one mean looking headlight. I have a feeling that they're not only shifting the name of their production line, but their attitude too. And their target buyers range from 25-80 years of age. More like 45-80. The appeal probably won't be the same. Just a hunch.

Jai hate qui sorte dekoi qui tire vraiment !! G37 turbo messemble sa pognerais taurais dekoi a 400hp+ sa ferais concurence a mustang camaro etc ! 3.7 n/a is not enought !

Jai hate qui sorte dekoi qui tire vraiment !! G37 turbo messemble sa pognerais taurais dekoi a 400hp+ sa ferais concurence a mustang camaro etc ! 3.7 n/a is not enought !

Bien d'accord que ca serait cool mais j'pense pas que Nissan va vouloir affecter les ventes de GTR... Quand meme G37+RWD+Turbo serait win en esti...

Apparently they ran out of letters which is why they moved to the Q/QX names. It's the only thing left that allows them to have a broad range of cars. Basically they can put any number after Q and come out with dozens of models, but there were not enough letters available for the number of new models they want to release.

From certain angles it looks ok. Haha it does look like a bmw from the side and like a mazda from the back.. The front end and hood make me wanna puke.

i liked the G35-37 when they came out now... seriously looks like a mixture of BMW and Mazda had a baby came out a Infinity... and the LED headlights are so played out.. Since Audi used them everyone is starting to use them, its getting really boring.

Back