Pour les fans de mountain bike. Awesome pictures.

My bike was out of commission one day so I brought my Schwinn to the bike park. It lasted about an hour before I had two bent rims and cranks that were falling apart. I'd be careful with a CT bike because you might hurt yourself.
Since you haven't biked in years just ride around your neighbourhood practising bunny hops and such to get a feel for the bike and get back in the groove of riding.

Yeah the best thing to do when starting off is just riding around your neighborhood or something. Maybe drive down to a forest or park and cruise around and get a feel for the bike.

Being comfortable and having bike control is the most important thing, even more important than hopping high. Once you have good bike control everything else comes a lot easier.

There are many little things you can do such as staying still on your bike for as long as possible, zig zagging quickly around objects, hopping up curbs, placing your front wheel on things and hopping up them. (It's hard to explain but you get the idea)

It's also good to hop into hills, like find a bank then hop and nosedive into it. It will help to give you a feel of landing jumps and stuff, a lot of it has to do with aiming your front wheel.

Practice manuals too, wheelies are useless really but you can do them if you want lol. Also practicing nose manuals is good at any level, even if you can barely do them.

Jai fait aussi bromont avec le trek de la page precedente pu jamais ! Ya beaucoup trop de roche ! A st-anne peut etre !

Jai fait aussi bromont avec le trek de la page precedente pu jamais ! Ya beaucoup trop de roche ! A st-anne peut etre !

tes deja allé a St-anne? oublie le projet.. Bromont est considéré fasttrack comparé au MSA..

bonus, photo de famille

IMG_0401_ps.jpg

I'd be careful with a CT bike because you might hurt yourself.

I know the limitations of CT bikes all too well. VGA au max. Growing up I used to fix bikes I found on garbage day. Had everything from cruisers to trikes to road bikes, ballin outta control :run: . I have yet to experience a quality bike...

Last edited:
Rigaud is pretty nice but it's XC only, it's the perfect getting in mtb mountain, trails are easy to advanced and well done i.e. the easy stays easy so it doesn't scare the beginners.

I go there during the week and DH in bromont on the week end.

Good to know about rigaud. Normally i go up to tremblant for XC. I just bought myself a new crankset for one of these with XC gearing.

TCX_2.jpg

Rigaud is actually pretty fun on a cyclocross, just stay away from the rocky trails that are in the center of the mountain, (from the bottom) everything on the right side is nice singletrack.

wow beaux bikes all.

puisque la plupart ride a Bromont, voici un peu de Québec love, les vidéos sont MA LA DE.

Celui la a été VOD sur pinkbike dernièrement, la 1837, c'est juste la piste la plus dure que tu va faire de toute ta vie, la worldcup, ptite bière a coté de ca..

Representing the East Coast! Gotta be honest but the tak-tak is way harder than the 1837...
Maybe I was having a hard time because at the time I tried the tak tak, I had a shitty shoulder & I'm pretty sure I'm never going to do the tak-tak ever again.

Anyways this summer if I have the time, I'm thinking of Bike Park trip, Starting off with Mountain Creek Bike Park in Jersey ,the next day would be Blue Mountain Resort, followed by Camp Fortune(Unsure of this place) and then finishing off with Bromont and Mont-St-Anne. That would be 2,819km leaving from Qc City.

If time is an issue I'll just spend a weekend at Mountain Creek Bike Park.

tes deja allé a St-anne? oublie le projet.. Bromont est considéré fasttrack comparé au MSA..

bonus, photo de famille

Jai mieux aimer rouler a st-anne que bromont ! bromont ces juste de la criss de roche qui roule !

Representing the East Coast! Gotta be honest but the tak-tak is way harder than the 1837...
Maybe I was having a hard time because at the time I tried the tak tak, I had a shitty shoulder & I'm pretty sure I'm never going to do the tak-tak ever again.

Anyways this summer if I have the time, I'm thinking of Bike Park trip, Starting off with Mountain Creek Bike Park in Jersey ,the next day would be Blue Mountain Resort, followed by Camp Fortune(Unsure of this place) and then finishing off with Bromont and Mont-St-Anne. That would be 2,819km leaving from Qc City.

If time is an issue I'll just spend a weekend at Mountain Creek Bike Park.

Tu a raison, la tak-tak je remet plus les pieds dans ca.. j'appel même pas ca une piste tellement cest nimporte quoi!

Peeps in the other thread told me to gtf itt so I'm subbing.

I need biking friends, going alone is poopy :(

Back