FS Outils Snap On (Couteau, Pinces, Lumiere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pour ton info,
le kit de 3 se vend +ou- 25$ de mémoire au Costco...

Bonne journée

**MIND BLOWN**

Emporium, thanks very much for the link. I knew Snap On had some chinese made marketing junk as promo items they would give away with purchases. If i take for example when I purchased my Snap On metric 8-22 3/8" socket set, they threw in a beautiful Kershaw folding knife. I looked the knife up through G2S and found it to be a 69$ knife. That's what I expect from Snap On, not chinese made white metal junk...

Comet, Apres avoir lu le lien d'Emporium et ta replique, j'ai appeller mon ami qui me l'a acheter. Elle m'as dit que oui, elle l'a acheter chez Costco avant Noel a 34.99$. Ma machoire a quaisiment toucher le sol. C'est officiel que j'ai perdu confiance a ma marque d'outil preferer que j'encourage avec des milliers de dollars par annee, depuis 10 ans.

Alors en fin de compte, pour ce prix la, je garde l'ensemble, ca ne vaut pas la peine de le vendre.

Merci pour l'infos.

Thanks for the info and link Emporium.

Well.. Just confirmed.. went to costco earlier today to get some other stuff, and I saw the kit and I remembered this.. :)

img0236sm.jpg

5 piece kit.. 2 multi tools, knife, keychain, flashlight, with batteries, pouch for multitool, and magentic case to hold it all, for $29.99...
Scary how much rebranded SNAP-ON chinese stuff they had... Crappy compressor, work lights, etc..

I couldn't resist and I bought the 2.5ton Torin Alu/steel jack they had next to these.. 4"->18" lift height, and they had it regular price of $99, but my tiny old crappy walmart 2ton jack is getting scary when I use it...
Hopefully the bad reviews on these units (about oil leaks) was just a bad batch.. At least costco has a great return policy..

Thanks Emporium, I appreciate the follow up. My mind is still blown. When I think Snapon, I think of my 200$ ratchets and 500$ gun, not a 30$ Chinese made promo item rebadged Snapon.

and for the jack, I think that if you're a Costco Gold member, you have prolonged warranties.

If it's just seals that end up dying, 20$ for heavy duty neoprene's at Hurcules (off Brunswick) and that problem is fixed. If the rest of the jack is solid, I would buy one with a known small issue like a oil leak and bring it up to snuff. Now if the problem is a fading or chipping chrome piston, then f%^k it, stay away.

As an example, I bought a Power Fist 250 kg motorcycle lift. The thing stopping the lift from heavier weight is the undersized cylinder and pump design. 60$ for a heavy duty triple seal cylinder and 40$ for a proper cast pump and forged internals, the thing is a beast! Total cost including upgrades is 350$, I topped the table out by lifting a small tractor at 850 lbs, 386 kg. Any heavier and I have to upgrade the platform with gussets and proper 2 piece HD casters.

All that to say, if the jack is light enough, looks good and a quick raise design, not to mention low-pro. DO IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back