Taxes on purchasing car from Ontario?

Wesley Vocino

Hey guys,
Im thinking of buying a e90 325i as my winter/summer shitty day car and I am wondering what taxes I have to pay and when I pay them. Do I just pay the one tax in Quebec, just the hst in Ontario, or can it be that I have to pay hst in Ontario and then more tax in Qc? Thx!

What taxes do I pay when purchasing a car from Ontario

Hey guys,
Im thinking of buying an 06 e90 325i from a particulier as my winter/summer shitty day car and I am wondering what taxes I have to pay and when I pay them. Do I just pay the one tax in Quebec, just the hst in Ontario, or can it be that I have to pay hst in Ontario and then more tax in Qc? Thx

La taxe du bureau des plaques lorsque tu vas plaquer l'auto

En realite il faut que tu revienne au qc avec sur les plaques de l'ontario, le transfert se fait au qc, pas en ontario

Quand j'ai vendu mon auto a un gars de toronto, il est parti avec mon auto et mes plaques, il a fait inspecter mon auto en ontario et l 'a ensuite plaqué la bas, moi je lui avait laissé 2 jours avant de canceler les plaques et j'ai ensuite fait la verification a la saaq pour etre sur qu'il avait mis le char a son nom

You go to the Ontario version of the SAAQ with the seller. You get a 10 day transit. The seller takes his plates off the car. You stick the transit in the window. You drive back to Quebec. You get the car inspected. You fix whatever they find. You get the car inspected again. You go to the SAAQ. You pay 1 tax. You get your plates.

So I pay not tax when the car is transfered to my name in Ontario?

It is from a private seller, however he mentioned transfering through a dealer to facilitate paying off the balance on the existing loan. If we do it through the dealer I want to make sure they dont make me pay hst for nothing. Do dealers charge fees for this?

Wow. I bought the car through the dealer and the charged me the fed and prov taxes, then wrote me a draft to pay the prov taxes in qc. And then at the saaq the ******* told me I had to pay $400 more in taxes since the black book was 4k more than I paid. *******!

Back