Ibiza, who's been there before?

Nadim 323Ci

Legacy Member
I'm going to Europe next summer. I'll be spending some time on the French Riviera and Italy, but I have another 1-2 weeks that I haven't yet decided where to go.

One of the options is Ibiza and/or Mallorca/Minorca. Ibiza was one of my dream destinations when I was younger but now I'm not so much into clubbing anymore.

How is it? Is it worth it for someone who's not gonna party every single day? Is there anything else to do than go clubbing? Are the beaches over-crowded with euro-trash and italian douchebags? Are the restaurants over-priced?

Please share your experience!

I've been their two summers in row this summer and last summer, it's honestly one of the best places i've ever been.

The women are drop dead gorgeus, the clubs are insane, the food is amazing.

You can do Ibiza in a smart way were you'd save money. Their are grocery stores everywhere and your pretty much able to drink everywhere and anywhere. The drugs are everywhere too.

On average the tickets to get into a club is between 40Euros and 60Euros, but it's like going and see a concert and lasts till 8:00A.M so it's worth it.

Figure if you go out it's gonna cost you about 150Euros a night entrance, water, and other stuff, ....(if you get what I mean).

For food you can also do it in a smart way, go to the grocery stores and make your own meals.

The beaches are soo fucking beautiful some of the best beaches i've ever seen, they are everywhere, and some are hard to get too so it keeps the tourists away. You can rent a scooter for 20Euro a day or a car for 30Euro a day.

Honestly the island has so much to offer, if you wanna just relax or party all day.

Its definitly possible to enjoy Ibiza even if you are not partying every day! The beaches are world class beautiful, white sand, clear water, alot of great restaurants and nice places to visit. Some of the best fish and seafood i've had!
During the day it's actually pretty calm (all the party animals are crashing from the night before), you see alot of families with their kids and old people walking around.

The one piece of advice I could give is basically this: There are 2 main cities in Ibiza, San Antonio and Ibiza town (Eivissa), each on a different side of the island.
If you are looking for a more relaxed and laidback vacations find yourself an hotel on the Ibiza side. The crowd is more european (french, german, etc) the places are more classy.

In the San Antonio side it's mostly brits and they are crazy motherfuckers lol. Its a bit more thrashy if you go where all the bars are, there will be alot of people pushing tickets for differets events at clubs, you will be offered drugs on the streets and boardwalks but its always in a very laiback and non-threatening way.
Ive seen some pretty weird stuff but its actually quite entertaining if you have an open mind!

On the Ibiza side, the old city is pretty nice to visit at night, there are alot of chill places. The marina is pretty cool too (some of the craziest yachts ive seen)

If you go to Ibiza (with a girl) you absolutly need to go to San Antonio for a drink at one of the sunset cafés (the most known one is CaféDelMar, if you listen to electronic music youve probably heard about the compilation cds)
You can just go there, have a drink with your girl directly on the beach while enjoying a set of chillout music by an international DJ and one of the most beautiful sunsets ever and its free!

Last edited:
Been to Ibiza.
Been to Mallorca.

Ibiza's lost its true party flame, although there's an aura to the island itself. You just feel good. There are beautiful places to go to, hidden beaches, history.
Stay in Eivissa. I stayed on the port overlooking the water. I enjoyed Playa d'en Bossa.
Stay the fuck away from San Antonio. Only reason you should go there is for a sunset drink at Cafe del Mar. Ibiza is fucking expensive though, depending where you go.
I remember drinks being 18 euros in certain places.

Insider tip:
If you're planning on going to Pacha, the cover is around 50 euro. Don't buy tickets, or pay cover.
Instead, make a reservation at the Pacha restaurant, have a good supper for around the same price, and enter Pacha for free. You basically just got a free supper with your entrance.

Mallorca was overtaken by fucking Brits, the young disgusting, wasted falling, fighting and puking kind, everywhere. Huge British population living there. The same shit you'll find in San Antonio, but younger and trashier.

I just got back from BPM festival in Playa del Carmen, Mexico 2 days ago. Spent 17 days there, there first 10 being the festival, and during those days, felt like Ibiza all over again - but for a fraction of the price.

Last edited:
Closest I got was costa del sol

Next time I go back I have to hit it up.

Knowing Spanish is a must doe

Been to Ibiza.
Been to Mallorca.

Ibiza's lost its true party flame, although there's an aura to the island itself. You just feel good. There are beautiful places to go to, hidden beaches, history.
Stay in Eivissa. I stayed on the port overlooking the water. I enjoyed Playa d'en Bossa.
Stay the fuck away from San Antonio. Only reason you should go there is for a sunset drink at Cafe del Mar. Ibiza is fucking expensive though, depending where you go.

Insider tip:
If you're planning on going to Pacha, the cover is around 50 euro. Don't buy tickets, or pay cover.
Instead, make a reservation at the Pacha restaurant, have a good supper for around the same price, and enter Pacha for free. You basically just got a free supper with your entrance.

Mallorca was overtaken by fucking Brits, the young disgusting, wasted falling, fighting and puking kind, everywhere. Huge British population living there. The same shit you'll find in San Antonio, but younger and trashier.

I just got back from BPM festival in Playa del Carmen, Mexico 2 days ago. Spent 17 days there, there first 10 being the festival, and during those days, felt like Ibiza all over again - but for a fraction of the price.

Nice post. Party Island Ibiza is definitely the place I'll go before I die.

Even if you are not that much into partying, I would say it's a great place to go and visit. The vibe is definitely very changed and is not what it used to be in its' hey-day. I was there for about 5 days, and I loved it. Rented a nice cheapo convertible, and just explored all of the sights of the island, all the different beaches. Definitely worth a visit, IMO.

Take a day off from partying to go to Formontera, beaches are crazy, rent a bike, enjoy one of the nicest place you'll ever go.

I've been dreaming about ibiza every single day since 3-4 years. But I can't fuckin go because of my business... One day, when everything will run by itself, I'll go 2-3 weeks there.

Been to Ibiza.
Been to Mallorca.

Insider tip:

I went 3 years ago during the bpm when it was still kind of "small" with my gf, stayed only one week at the Royal directly on the corner of the 5th avenue and constituyentez (idk how to right that shit lol anyway) and the vibe was simply amazing. Can't wait to go back!

i went in 2005. It was relatively boring. I spent a week. I ended up renting a scooter and ripping up the island.

definitely do grocery stores, you'll save a ton of money.

Bump!

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

We're leaving tomorrow! :D Here's our final itinerary: Paris, Mallorca, Ibiza, Formentera, Barcelona, Florence, Lucca, Milan, Lyon, Villefranche-sur-Mer, and then back to Paris.

As for Ibiza and the other islands, this is what we decided to do:

Mallorca (5 days)
Ibiza (2 days)
Formentera (2 days)
Barcelona (4 days)

Any last minute tips and recommendations for these places as well as Milan?

I'll post pics when I'm back, maybe a few during the trip too :p

There's party calendars available online for IBZ (see Ibiza spotlight). That way you can decide properly which DJs to go check out.
edit:
http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/club_dates_i.htm

also, there's underground taxi services, sketch as fuck. You go to the taxi stands, and a guy will whisper to you asking where you're going/a price. Cheaper/faster. I used them with no problems... They are unmarked cars who don't wanna pay taxes. I still have all my body parts...

edit 2:
I fucking hate you. Looking at the parties, I'm badtripping, hard. I wish I was going now. lol

Ushuaïa Opening Party
25 May from 13:00
Sven Vath
Luciano
Loco Dice
Maya Jane Coles
Joris Voorn
Reboot
Andrea Oliva
Uner
Los Suruba

mental.