Feedbacks sur Skip Tuning ?

Ça arrive a tout le monde et a toute les shops d avoirs des employés qui ne sont pas a la hauteur ... Depuis que je travaille la ça a beaucoup changé... Les mécanos sont compétents , les swaps sont faits dans les règles de l art et les prix sont bcp mieux ... Je ne recommencerai pas a me justifier pour le différent entre Skip et son client ( le thread sur vwquebec) mais c est un incident isolé qui sera réglé sous peu....

http://www.vwquebec.ca/forum/showthread.php?329948-Attention-Skip-tuning

adphil
Membre Junior

UNE ANNONCE TROMPEUSE ? tu savais dès le départ qu'elle était VGA ! tu racontes vraiment mais alors vraiment n'importe quoi ! de plus ce n'est pas skip qu'il l'a annoncée, c est moi , alors j'aimerais bien que tu arretes de basher sur mes autres threads de vente et que tu règles tes affaires avec les personnes concernées .

Je peux également te dire un truc , c est que selon la loi , je n'ai aucune obligation de mettre ca dans mon ANNONCES . j'ai une obligation de divulgation du statut du véhicule ,sinon ce serait du dol ... chose que je n'ai jamais mais alors au grand jamais omises . Je connais mes droits , j'ai étudié 3 ans le droit a l'université ..... ce n'est pas le premier ni le dernier projet que je fait de ce type crois moi et je fais tout dans les règles . . si tu continue a prétendre le contraire , que tu t'évertues a salir ma réputation et de raconter des mensonges éhontés sur un forum public et bien ce sera bientôt a mon tour de faire des mises en demeure ....

see u in court

--> Des employé pas a la hauteur?? .. c'est Toi qui a fait l'annonce et non ''Skip''' ..lol..tu aurais simplement plus lui redonné son dépôts tant qu'a faire une histoire comme celle-la ,si il l'a fait inspecté et elle n’était pas a sont gout après l'inspection.. il a peux être prit la décision trop vite sur le coup et il y a repensé..c'est pas une auto a 500$ .. ^

Last edited:
J'aimerais savoir s'il y a des gens qui ont des feedbacks sur cette shop, jusqu'à date ils sont ceux qui m'offrent un prix réaliste et surtout les seuls qui m'ont donné de l'intérêt pour faire mon swap. Je demandes la question car j'ai entendu des rumeurs sur des vols de véhicules ou des travaux butchés mais je veux avoir de vrais faits.

Skip Tuning Strikes again... I was hoping I could give the man a good review job but... Nope.

Here is my story.

Skip Tuning Review

First I must say I am astonished this garage has 5/5 stars on Google and FB. When you do some real digging within VW Communities such as tdiclub, VWQuebec, VWVortex, montrealracing… you find horror stories…

I knew of some of reviews and I decided to give the benefit of doubt. (He had the engine so I didn't want someone else to do the job, have problem and be in the middle of a finger pointing contest)
I was hoping this review could be a positive one and say Skip Tuning is excellent…

Unfortunately for me, the bad reputation did not disappoint.

I wanted a fully equipped MK5 Jetta TDI. I found exactly the car and color I wanted. It was gas, with a blown engine. I figured I can get a skilled mechanic to do the swap, and build it up for a well performing and reliable daily drive.

I can say Skip Tuning did an overall good job on the engine and transmission, however failed miserably when it comes to properly finishing off the project due to lack of communication or care.

Project started off well, the time estimate was originally 1 or 2 weeks (if all goes well and I expected maybe a few months from this answer), but the project lasted about 5 months. Some of those delays were fair, such as a break line unique to MK5 BRM Tdi’s being backordered. However, the entire experience went downhill after picking up the car the first time and paying the man in full.

I was told I would road test it for 1-2 weeks and that the car isn’t finished. The owner had to go away for 1-2 weeks. Make a list and on his return, he will finalize everything.
The car drove, but I felt that it’s wrong to give a car back on which a client put in over 6000$ on parts and labor, without having working door locks.

I made a list, brought it back.
(rattling noise, handbrake, boost gauge air leak, glow plugs, cel light, seat warmer, day lights, rear window defrost, door locks, remote door locks, gas door release, dash cam wire, odb2port, exhaust fumes coming in cabin)
I got the car back a month or so later. The checklist is missing. Half the points were done. Door locks work with the remote, but not the key. Exhaust fumes still leaking under the hood and getting into the cabin, rear view defrost not working and… CEL light resolved, glow plugs still don’t work. (I gave up on some a few requests I wanted such as reverse cam, dash cam wiring and said it’s ok if you don’t do it)

Before I could bring it back, I drained the battery trying to start the car at -20 degrees. So I towed it.

I made an updated check list.
Any call or texts are not answered for a full month. The car was sleeping in front of the place. I dropped by on a Sunday, saw the car unmoved, buried in snow. I dropped by the following Saturday and surprised the owner. I told him I am going away for a month, and I was considering taking the car elsewhere, I was promised that it would be finished by the time I get back.

I come back.
I am told everything is fixed.
I go there, checklist is missing…
I test the door locks with the key, alarm rings, doesn’t open doors. Ok Fine.
I take my car and go on my way. He did fix the Exhaust leak under the hood, the rattling noise behind the dash, changed the boost gauge as requested… did some of the fixes but… Rear view defrost, still not working, glow plugs, don’t appear to be working but hey, it’s not -20 anymore so I’ll have to figure that out later. He said changing the battery fixed it… which is hard to swallow.
I also asked if AC works… it was on the checklist which always vanished so I still don’t know.

I get an alignment done elsewhere and I learn my car is visibly leaking fuel. I take a picture, I text Skip tuning to let him know, I also mentioned other points which were ignored… no response in over a week.

So I have to finish my car elsewhere.

So… to be fair, the car drives nicely. I also know they have built and sold some solid cars... or so I think. They have potential, but the garage has a lack of structure and care. I understand Skip Tuning might have had problems like a mechanic leaving, landlord issue or other personal complications, but it’s no excuse for poor communication and obvious lack of care.

---------------------------------------
Things left to do
AC?
Glow plugs
Rear View Defrost
Key door locks
Reverse camera wiring
Dash Cam wiring
Fuel Leak
Rust (this one is on me)
---------------------------------------

Specs
2007 MK5 Jetta
TDI BRM Swap

Firad + 15%
PD140 Turbo
3bar map
Stage5 Custom Malone tune

----------------------------------------

so ? tu as Skip ce Tuning finalement?

tenor.gif

Can't comment aside saying 'that sucks' but Rombotis has done diesel swaps and many can vouch for them.

Thanks man... Overall, I am not really all that annoyed...
My car still runs great, regardless of the things I have to finish up myself...
So given their reputation, I count myself lucky given the size of the project of course.

I only posted to bump up a thread and make it easier for people who google the garage name, to find a newer updated result... Something I would have liked to have find before I considered starting the project.

Back