Since when was this street legal here?

I have a common friend with an owner of an Ariel Atom...
From what I understood when I inquiered about the car, since these are essentially kit cars, anybody can import them or have them built by the firm in the US that builds these but he told me they can NOT be made road legal... how this one came to be beats me!
You might be able to plate it as a "voiture artisanal" but that makes their use very restricted...

I have a common friend with an owner of an Ariel Atom...
From what I understood when I inquiered about the car, since these are essentially kit cars, anybody can import them or have them built by the firm in the US that builds these but he told me they can NOT be made road legal... how this one came to be beats me!
You might be able to plate it as a "voiture artisanal" but that makes their use very restricted...

I don't think this can even be classified as voiture artisanal. It needs to have a windshield.. Unless the Atom can be classed in the same class as a t-rex? ie, a bike.. but that doesn't make sense.

http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/publications/dossiers_speciaux/veh_modif_artisan.pdf

Je pense connaitre le proprio de cet Atom en Ontario.

Je vais vous dire comme il a réussi à la plaquer:

1. Tu ne fait pas venir le char assemblé
2. Tu le fait venir en pièce détaché dans une tonne de boites.
3. Tu fait venir le tata du gouvernement qui s'occupe des immatriculation et tu lui montre ta tonne de tite boite et lui dis que tu va en faire un véhicule.
4. Tu assemble le tout.
5. Tu refait venir le tata du gouvernement et bang! Ton véhicule est immatriculé en "kit car".

J'ai roulé 3 fois en Ariel Atom et je me tannerais jamais de ce véhicule, c'est juste.... incomparable à tout ce qui peut exister sur le marché.

^^ If I'm not mistaken all Atoms made for North America are built with Chevy Ecotec engines.
The Honda K20A doesn't meet emissions here.

Which makes it even more unlikely that a K20A Atom is street legal here.

i saw one a few years ago on Mount-Royal, about 5 years or so .... it was with the Honda S/C engine, just like this one.
I had stated it in the "spotted" thread back then !!

http://www.unicorn-motors.com/

Ask them it think they are selling it

hahahah they are still alive...
they were the one working on my 240sx/rb25 back in 2004 ... after they "screwed" my friend who was one of their 2 mechanic, ive lost all respect for them.
they even invited me to the Porsche Club of America meeting/trackday at Mont-Tremblant's race track !!it was one epic day !!

Back