Blue Jeans and Beers- Official Country thread

You deserve to be banned for posting "Truck Yeah".

I grew up in the country and spend all of my summers there. Everybody who's actually from the country laughs their asses off at the new music, filled with autotune and rap influence.

you go cirlce jerk with headbanger, I'm drinking beers with quirck by the fire.

That's fine, and of course, you're entitled to your own opinions and to listen to whatever you like, I'm not going to argue about that.

I just feel some sort of obligation to defend real country music when I see the shit that's being put out there these days. As somebody who lives what these guys are trying to sing about, I find it embarrassing that people from the country might for a second be associated with this kind of music.

That being said, I will now leave you guys to post whatever you want. :beer:

how do you define what "real" country music is?

how do you define what "real" country music is?

Real country in my opinion is music with heart, music that captures the essence of country life and tells a story. The problem I have with new country is that the producers at Nashville have taken otherwise/previously talented artists and gotten them all to sing corny songs about jacked up trucks and beer. Although I love both of those things, the songs are just plain stupid.

The best example I can give you in terms of cross reference is Drake. Who's Drake? He's a kid that grew up privileged, played a handicapped kid on Degrassi, and is now a rapper, pretending to be all badass while REAL rappers look at him and laugh their asses off; it's all an act.

The same is true about country these days. A lot of these guys singing about country life aren't even from the country, fake their accents, and generally just over-do the country thing until it becomes a tacky, bad joke; it's all an act once again.

That's why I dislike new country. There are a few artists that I respect, but most of the once good guys are now all sellouts anyway.

I'll post a few more just in case anybody digs what I consider the real shit. I'm not going to hate on anybody for listening to what they like; but as a longtime country fan, I always have to chime in with my opinion.

Real country boy signin in

Dat damn Quirck-phaggot posted all dem good songs.

Craig Morgan, Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, Jason Aldean, Rodney Atkins, Brad Paisley, Tim McGraw ... hnnnnnnnggggg

I'll add my touch to this thread.

Road Hammers

I also love some good-ol Garth Brooks, Kenny Rogers(saw him live at the Festival Western in St-Tite in 2007) and Johnny Cash

Last edited:
Back