What did you do to your VW/Audi today?

Got a quote today for Opticoat Pro and Opticoat Pro Plus man this stuff is not cheap, but it does include clay bar, paint correction and then the ceramic coating, 2 year warranty just because the car is older then 5 years. Was also quoted a Quartz finish from another detailer which is good for 12-18 months for 1/4 of the price.

Got a quote today for Opticoat Pro and Opticoat Pro Plus man this stuff is not cheap, but it does include clay bar, paint correction and then the ceramic coating, 2 year warranty just because the car is older then 5 years. Was also quoted a Quartz finish from another detailer which is good for 12-18 months for 1/4 of the price.

my appointment for ceramic coating is on May 5th!

yea the opticoat ceramic coating are very expensive but they last many many years..i think they even have one that goes up to 7 years...soo worth the money. I also have a friend that got it done on a mk6 gli daily and he really liked if even after 2 years(car got hit and he sold it back to insurance).

On my jetta I have the Optimum Gloss coat. its supposed to last about 18 months and there is no additional application fees as the product is used as the final buff compound...soo you basically only need to pay for the tube which is around 120/150$. I got my mk4 done at https://www.autoclinicpaintshop.com/ . It cost me 475$ (150$ for the product which he supplied..then 325$ worth of time in paint correction). as you can imagine the price isnt the same for every car since it all depends on the paint correcting cost.

really happy with it, it just sucks that if you ever buff the car again for any reason the coating goes away. I had to buff the bottom of my car since I drove over freshly painted and unmarked lines toward the end of summer soo the bottom of the car is no longer coated since i used thinner and polished the paint...but I got money from the city and plan on going again to get the car redone.

Yeah the Opticoat Pro last for 5 years ($1,100.00) and the Plus for 7 years ($1,400.00). The Quartz application with clay bar and paint correction is $350.00 and last 12-18 months. Thanks for the info guys!

so the first check engine light in a year of ownership just popped on my A3 this week after a rough cold start. It was -35 outside and the car took a really long time to crank up and when it finally started, the check popped like 30 seconds later and is on since. I have absolutely no idea what it can be, car's run perfectly fine.

Probably some dumb shit like a busted oxygen sensor.

so the first check engine light in a year of ownership just popped on my A3 this week after a rough cold start. It was -35 outside and the car took a really long time to crank up and when it finally started, the check popped like 30 seconds later and is on since. I have absolutely no idea what it can be, car's run perfectly fine.

Since you're so remote be worth your while to get a VCDS cable, have you got or access to a laptop?
https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/vchv2_ent/

No i don't have a laptop, but can't i simply buy like a vagcom ? Or maybe i could get a cheap ass laptop, anyway i'll check my options because i'm pretty sure the mechanic here won't touch my car with a 10 foot pole lmao.

That is a vagcom cable, software is free and your right get a cheap laptop and you're good to go. You'd be able to scan and see the fault and clear faults.

Last edited:

1$ que ces un code de miss fire lol. aussi une autre alternative a vagcom ces le obd11. ca prend seulement un cell android et ces 1/4 du prix vs un vagcom pi ca fais la meme chose.

Soo picked up my manhattans from powdercoat friday. Look better than they did before.

I also picked up this Airlift V1 management with 1 compressor and a tank for dirt cheap off a buddy that was selling it all. He upgraded his system to the new 3P system therefore had no use for this. I dont know what i will do but plans are to eventually put all this on my wagon. Ill keep my eyes out for a good deal on a pair of front used air struts next. Well see...

2d030672b9df4a0afed90815bef232f4.jpg
e4887682fd19e3f5e2f0c142f429e848.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

wtf, t'habites ou pour avoir des -35.

comme schyzo dit, probablement un missfire. sté le feu ca prend 3 choses : carburant, comburant et chaleur. Quand y fait frette ca se peut très bien que la zone autour du spark soit juste trop froid pour enflammer le mélange.

Soo picked up my manhattans from powdercoat friday. Look better than they did before.

I also picked up this Airlift V1 management with 1 compressor and a tank for dirt cheap off a buddy that was selling it all. He upgraded his system to the new 3P system therefore had no use for this. I dont know what i will do but plans are to eventually put all this on my wagon. Ill keep my eyes out for a good deal on a pair of front used air struts next. Well see...

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180122/2d030672b9df4a0afed90815bef232f4.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180122/e4887682fd19e3f5e2f0c142f429e848.jpg

Called it. "I won't be modifying my wagon, it's my daily driver". What a fucking liar.

Sur une autre note, quelqu'un veux des monster mat de gti mk6? Sont dans ma valise depuis 4 mois et prenne la poussière. 60$ avant arrière.

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk

wtf, t'habites ou pour avoir des -35.

comme schyzo dit, probablement un missfire. sté le feu ca prend 3 choses : carburant, comburant et chaleur. Quand y fait frette ca se peut très bien que la zone autour du spark soit juste trop froid pour enflammer le mélange.

Fermont hahaha. -35 ya rien la en ressentie j'ai pogné du -50.

Fermont hahaha. -35 ya rien la en ressentie j'ai pogné du -50.

ouais, mais un corps sans énergie, genre un char qui est parké là depuis un boutte, lui se criss du -35°C facteur matante, sa température se stabilise au dry-buld.

si y fait -20°C, ben tes huiles vont se stabilisé à -20°C que le vent soit 0km/h ou 150km/h, ça refroidit juste plus vite. (nonobstant la friction de l'air, qui est négligeable)

so fasa combien pour vra pour avoir ce trouble ?

mais -50C avec le vent, ca doit pas être long réfédir une tite bière dehors !

Called it. "I won't be modifying my wagon, it's my daily driver". What a fucking liar.

Sur une autre note, quelqu'un veux des monster mat de gti mk6? Sont dans ma valise depuis 4 mois et prenne la poussière. 60$ avant arrière.

Still unsure...been stock for almost 2 years soo i think ive done very well..

I also have mk6 golf monster matts haha 60$ also

Still unsure...been stock for almost 2 years soo i think ive done very well..

I also have mk6 golf monster matts haha 60$ also

Good thing I'm selling mine for 59.99. Fucking over price shit that you're selling.

Back