What did you do to your VW/Audi today?

Performed my first oil change on the A6 and also changed the fuel filter.

The whole process took about twice as long as it shoukd have since the PO stripped 2 of the 4 M8 bolts holding the belly pan in place. I drilled the heads out and removed the rest and replaced all 4 with some new 13mm MK4 balljoint bolts I had laying around .

The MK4 lives on in the Audi now

Also picked up some OEM crossbars i found for cheap on kijiji...I still have my cargo box i had on my wagon, although I dont plan on using it this winter since i dont think ill be going on ski trips with a bunch of people in the car due to covid and all...but figured id get the bars and just have them ready if i ever decide to use it.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Je me suis trouvé des crossbar de Cayenne neuve sur kijiji il y a 1-2 semaines, mais je met pas ça pour l'hiver car c'est VRAIMENT chiant déneiger le toit avec ça. J'en avait sur mon Sportwagen et ça fait vraiment chier.

Hier j'ai posé mes front mudgards final et je me fais une liste des mods VCDS que je veux faire dès que je reçoit mon cable
- Video in motion
- mettre la température du steering à 34C (au lieu de 28C)
- Afficher la gear (D4, D5)
- J'ai un windshield chauffant, mais ça ne semble pas une option en amérique du nord. Je vois les fils entre les 2 vitres!

J'ai vraiment hâte de le dropper et de me trouver des roues d'été (20po, je veux pas grossir).
un peu plus long terme, je commence à me faire une liste d'épicerie pour augmenter le power un peu. Turbo, downpipe, ... j'aimerai ça un petit 100hp de plus.

je me fais une liste des mods VCDS que je veux faire dès que je reçoit mon cable
- Video in motion
- mettre la température du steering à 34C (au lieu de 28C)
- Afficher la gear (D4, D5)
- J'ai un windshield chauffant, mais ça ne semble pas une option en amérique du nord. Je vois les fils entre les 2 vitres!

the video in motion would be cool, I also looked into the passenger side mirror dip while in reverse.

NA cars dont have high beam assist but from what I read online I would need to get a rear view mirror from europe and do a little bit of wiring and program it on VCDS..still looking into it but I would maybe consider doing this in the future

the video in motion would be cool, I also looked into the passenger side mirror dip while in reverse.

NA cars dont have high beam assist but from what I read online I would need to get a rear view mirror from europe and do a little bit of wiring and program it on VCDS..still looking into it but I would maybe consider doing this in the future

Passenger mirror dip doesn't work very well. It doesn't always come back to the right spot

Passenger mirror dip doesn't work very well. It doesn't always come back to the right spot
I read that somewhere aswell...i was going to wait and see for myself, but if you say yourl tried it and it isnt great i will probably forget about it in that case

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

By high beam assist you mean auto high beams? As in high beams turn on and off with oncoming traffic?

Got my auto-hold button, so pulled the center console for the second time this week LOL. The handbrake button retaining mechanism puzzled me; so I disconnected all connectors and remove the center console to be able to see properly what I was doing. I dropped one of the start button clip; chased it with a flat head screwdriver for a while and couldn't get it. Searched garbage bag to find the old switch (found it), and when I flipped the center console I found the missing clip. Ah well...

The auto hold immobilize the car (using ABS) when stopped. As soon as you touches the throttle, it releases the brake. So, no need to maintain the brake pedal at red light.

Still haven't received my cable, so I ordered a new one that I should get tomorrow and activate that feature. Button was 30Euro + 30 Euro shipping + 24$ surprise tax. All and all around 120$ for the switch. I really really like the machined surface in the interior (not wood). With the brown seats, black dash; the feel and finish is perfect for my taste.
D07-E95-B8-EC85-4-F70-9072-CFDCF5-FE1-BB7.jpg

yeah you have the later model, like 2016 im assuming (technically c7.5 i guess)..early c7 like my 2014 done have it :(

after seeing that, i am considering doing the same on my car too haha..such a nice feature

I miss this feature from my benz days. Simply press the brake hard and it holds...

Can you order two and we do this on my S6 also?

Back