What did you do to your VW/Audi today?

Yesterday morning I replaced plastic shroud that I cracked at -20C when changing battery on Passat B5.5. Changed passenger side mirror on my Jetta. It was so corroded, the pivot part broke. Gotta love Kenny-u-pull! *tu*

Today i'll be changing AC compressor pulley on the Jetta. Sounds like marbles being rolled around in a glass jar! LOL

***Edit***

Holy Moose ballz Batman! Pulley was loose like ballz on a Moose! :yikes: Fixed that. A/C works! *tu* Changed oil and filter. Next interval 673 000km. Changed hand brake cables too. One was shot!

Mirror look something like this? Seem to be pretty common on the Jetta's!

I will report. But I had a bad start. I didn't follow the instructions. It says on the cans to wait 8 hours before use.
My rear wheels got about 5 and 8 hours of dry time.
Front wheels, 2hours and the other 30 minutes.

Will see if the dust is inlaid...

---

and I used this how-to.

I've watched a couple, and this one is the best. He got all the little tricks in one vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSHqy6Kb7BI

It's funny how he won't stop talking about that damn 50/50 coat but never talks about the pressure and height adjustments to avoid getting waves in the paint. He still has good technique tho.

It's funny how he won't stop talking about that damn 50/50 coat but never talks about the pressure and height adjustments to avoid getting waves in the paint. He still has good technique tho.

you have to try. This paint is easy to use.
When you see it wet and flat, you're just fine. It will self-lever and do the job.

Pressure, you have to test on a surface to get the about same can finish splash.
Distance , follow the instruction. Too far is mist. To close the paint will drop. And is way easier to avoid drops with the dip than normal paint.

I have a compressor and 2 type of paint gun. Maybe I'll try one day.
But for wheels, cans are just fine.

I use only 3 black and 2 metalizer. Total of 6-7 coats. From the net reading, this is way enough to get a good resistance and it will be peelable.
They are 11.99 each.
And screw the pre-dip spray, I've used soapy water, and alchool. (yes it still pealable, I tired on the inner surface)
No plastic gun ( can be useful because after a while, my finger stating to shake, you've to press really hard on the nozzle).
Screw the protector @45$. Basicaly, this is plasti-dip wax. It will protect just like wax or amorall, and you need to apply every X weeks.

A saw few people with X years of dip (no protection) + car wash, and it still ok. You can tell it's not new, but acceptable.

I finally finished re-finishing my RCs lol next time ill pay someone to do it
wow what a major pain in the ass hahah

but im still debating on if i want to polish them to a mirror finish or get them powder coated
Car is going in for paint in 2 weeks and im worried the polished wheels will look wierd on my silver jetta lol

any input??

winter is killing my car..
12769457_10154548553893496_638965844_n_zps9p57mm5t.jpg

12823488_10154605831728496_3018079155881273573_o_zpsjjl5gkpr.jpg

anyone know if the door and fender will be covered under the rust warranty?

It will not be covered under rust warranty because ice has caused damaged. The rust in influenced. However, VW will cover up to a certain % depending on year of vehicle up to 10 years for ice damage as a GOODWILL gesture. ( up to 7 years = 100%, 8 years = 90%, 9 years = 80%, 10 years = 70%, over 10 years = 0%). This can lead to paying a % that is cheap on your part. However , if VW feels that the door is damaged to an extent which the door panel needs to be replaced to avoid further future corrosion, the repair can be expensive and the only way to receive this Goodwill % coverage it so have it replaced or they will not pay.

Good to know the car is an 08 so 8 years old, any clue witch dealer I should go ? Im in the laval area and bought the car at arbour.

Good to know the car is an 08 so 8 years old, any clue witch dealer I should go ? Im in the laval area and bought the car at arbour.
Vw Des Laurentides dealership is good. They've fix rust on my brother in law jetta mk4 under warranty and the job is great.

Come see me at Volkswagen Campbell & Cameron in Lasalle, Im the corrosion admin. Call 514-762-9777 ask for Mario, ill gladly help you. ( PS , people are starting to wash cars and notice rust , so its getting busy and waiting time is longer. Hurry up before it gets crazy lol )

Back