What did you do to your VW/Audi today?

Both my radiator and AC fans were acting up. Had to replace both and it wasn't cheap. Gave the 8P 3.2 a nice bath also.

8wbd0X.jpg

Last edited:
Got the cheque from the insurance fro the bora today...pretty happy :) time to hunt down a stubby rear wagon bumper

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I dont know for Audi but when my AC fan went on my R32 i costed me 40$ to replace it

I guess it would depend if you replace them with non-OEM parts. Read a few places that those who got cheap fans, motors would burn out or contact relays melt keeping fans on, after a few months even weeks. Also have a great Indy mechanic who stopped selling the cheap Chinese crap because of just that. So got two Behr fans with 2-year warranties.

ont dirais un programme ramasser sur EBay. ''up to 30% more power...''

Nope, les gains sont réels. C'est un piggyback.

J'ai pas le goût d'investire $2K dans un stage 2+ sachant que je ne vais possiblement pas garder l'auto très longtemps et que je ne vais pas recouper cet dépense-là si je vends l'auto.

INB4 TL;DR

PRICE:

APR Stage I - $1299 plus tax and install (typical install ranges from free to $99)

Chipwerke - $349 includes tax and free shipping

INSTALLATION:

APR
The APR programming was installed at USP Motorsport. Install time was approximately 45 minutes. All installation was conducted with flashing through the OBDII port. Re-installation of stock OEM software was also conducted through the OBDII port. I was advised that APR automatically flashes the exact version of the OEM software that was on your car and also resets the flash counter. Although there is no guaranteed way of avoiding TD1 concerns, it appears that by doing both of these things people are currently avoiding TD1 flags. It is important to note that not all tuners reset the flash counter and not all will make sure your software versions match. This was important to me.

Chipwerke
Too easy. You connect the two pairs of intercept cables to the two G31/G72 MAP/IAT sensors. You are provided several zip ties to route the wires out of the way. No tools are needed. Installation time was 10 minutes being careful. Removal is the reverse of installation. Obviously this method of performance increase was desirable to me with respect to avoiding TD1 hassles. This module does not change the factory ECU settings in any way. It changes the interpretation of the outputs but does not change the code. There is no TD1 detectability.

CONDITIONS OF TRACK TESTING:

Stock testing was performed at Palm Beach International Raceway on March 25, 2015. Temperatures were approximately 78 degrees. All three runs were within .06 hundredths of a second of each other and within .3 tenths of a mile per hour of each other in trap speeds. Consistency was obtained. No external factors appeared to skew results. Vehicle was run in dynamic mode with ESP/ASR off. Factory Launch control was utilized. 93 octane pump fuel was utilized.

APR Stage 1 testing was performed at Palm Beach International Raceway on March 18, 2015. Temperatures were approximately 76 degrees. All three runs were within .1 tenth of a second of each other and within .6 tenths of a mile per hour of each other in trap speeds. Consistency was obtained. No external factors appeared to skew results. Vehicle was run in dynamic mode with ESP/ASR off. Factory Launch control was utilized. 93 octane pump fuel was utilized.

Chipwerke piggy back testing was performed at Palm Beach International Raceway on April 8, 2015. Temperatures were approximately 80 degrees. All three runs were within .2 tenth of a second of each other and within one mile per hour of each other in trap speeds. Consistency was obtained. No external factors appeared to skew results.Vehicle was run in dynamic mode with ESP/ASR off. Factory Launch control was utilized. 93 octane pump fuel was utilized.

TRACK RESULTS:

Stock-
--------------Run1 – 7:05pm---------------------Run2 – 7:36pm------------Run3 – 7:55pm
60ft------------1.971------------------------------1.922-------------------------1.948
1/4 Mile--------13.368-----------------------------13.308------------------------13.311
Trap-----------102.25-----------------------------102.21------------------------102.56

APR Stage 1-

--------------Run1 – 6:44pm-----------------Run2 – 7:01pm----------------Run3 – 7:53pm
60ft--------------1.982------------------------------1.905-------------------------1.893
1/4 Mile----------12.998-----------------------------13.011------------------------12.884
Trap-------------106.10-----------------------------106.04------------------------106.71

Chipwerke Piggy Back

--------------Run1 – 7:16pm-----------------Run2 – 7:21pm----------------Run3 – 7:38pm
60ft--------------1.919------------------------------1.875--------------------------1.915
1/4 Mile----------12.829-----------------------------12.660------------------------12.882
Trap-------------108.14-----------------------------109.56------------------------108.12

DRIVING IMPRESSIONS:

APR
The power deliver with the APR software was extremely linear and as smooth as stock. There was no jerkiness. There were no problems with part throttle behavior. There were no misfires. There were no CELs. The power difference was mildly to moderately evident. The programming gave increased confidence when attempting passing.

Chipwerke
The power delivery with the Chipwerke piggy back is immediately noticeable. There is no definite jerkiness, misfires or CEL but the car does appear more sensitive to part throttle inputs. When my wife drove the car she says to me, “What did you do to it? I got afraid I was going to rear end somebody when I push on the gas.” There does appear to be more power everywhere in the rev band. Important to note again, there has been zero significant drivability issues. There is no “cutting” or jerkiness. There are no misfires detected. There are no CELs.

8be50fa9ec52a24dec91bb524b100d79.jpg

Picked up new rear calipers/disk/pads/handbrake cables for my bora
Also got 2 spares axles since i used them all for my jetta..

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I'm stuck on the side of boulevard Rome. I lost all my brakes lol. I was driving when all of the sudden I lost all brake pedal feel. Pedal went numb and brakes stopped working.

On the bright side I just hit 199 900 Miles :laugh:

This could have turn out a lot worse. At least you were able to bring it to a stop without hitting anything or someone! :yikes:

Yea! I was talking to the towing guy and realised that. Losing brake pressure is arguably the most dangerous thing that could happen, specially seeing as: my emergency brake is finished and my horn is disconnected (stopped working couple weeks ago and was too lazy to take the car to the shop)

If it would have happened on a boulevard and I was going 70. I would have no way of stopping the car or even letting people around me know the car is hazardous.

so yea, i got lucky lol. Cars in the shop now. Im guessing brake lines will be replaced and il be fixing my emergency brake and horn.

Back