What did you do to your VW/Audi today?

FYI the stock airbox is much much much better vs that short ram.

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk

It's just temporary until I get 3 1/4" silicone hose for MAF to Neuspeed air intake
YKd9Td0.jpg

Attachments

• 65.10.61 (1).jpg
    65.10.61 (1).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 72
It's just temporary until I get 3 1/4" silicone hose for MAF to Neuspeed air intake
https://i.imgur.com/YKd9Td0.jpg
I'd still get the stock airbox over the short ram, vr6 gets really hot and since the mk3 get their air via the fender, the Sri pretty much suck in warm air from the engine bay. Unless you make a venting duct all the way down to the front bumper grill,

Not looking for additional performance, just want to clean the engine bay, evap and SAI are coming out. BFI chip will prevent CEL.

I'd still get the stock airbox over the short ram, vr6 gets really hot and since the mk3 get their air via the fender, the Sri pretty much suck in warm air from the engine bay. Unless you make a venting duct all the way down to the front bumper grill,

Makes sense, going to take your advice and put the stock airbox back in.

+10 HP Pflow

-eBay

Envoyé de mon LG-H873 en utilisant Tapatalk

actually, on some cars, it will make a difference. VQ30 and VQ35 engines, were developped to be super quiet, so super restrictive intakes. I found myself to start the engine twice at the begining.

Maxima 4th, the dyno proved 3-4whp with a cold air.

Audi 2.0t, proved lost of power, since it was already optimized, and already suck cold air from the fender.

actually, on some cars, it will make a difference. VQ30 and VQ35 engines, were developped to be super quiet, so super restrictive intakes. I found myself to start the engine twice at the begining.

Maxima 4th, the dyno proved 3-4whp with a cold air.

Audi 2.0t, proved lost of power, since it was already optimized, and already suck cold air from the fender.
Yeah I know, like the 2.5L 5cyl engine. The engine cap is so restrictive.

2.0t lost of power really? What u got a K&N drop-in thats it?

Envoyé de mon LG-H873 en utilisant Tapatalk

You should have a look at 42dd's "vr6 Crack pipe", it's a coolant hose replacement, very prone to cracking on the stock setup.
http://www.42draftdesigns.com/12v-vr6-ss-coolant-pipe/

Nice job on the mk3 btw! Your attention to detail is astounding!

Envoyé de mon SM-T700 en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words, That my next update, the OEM pipe and the flanges have been replaced two years ago by PO. But I'd like to upgrade that whole assembly to metal. Changed the coolant temp sensor was getting a fault from the ECU, replaced ABS module still need to re-code it module came off a 1996 GTI so coding is wrong. Changed brake fluid, engine oil and transmission oil. Trimmed the fender flares to eliminate the rubbing.

Pas S-line mais quand même!, l'autre c'est vrai 200k km faut croire j'étais aveugler pas ca beauté. Manuel c'est surment impossible ici?

Pas S-line mais quand même!, l'autre c'est vrai 200k km faut croire j'étais aveugler pas ca beauté. Manuel c'est surment impossible ici?

ouais, les après les B8, c'était juste automatique en Avant, et toutes les B9 sont aussi automatique.

Toujours dispo manuelle en europe.

Yen a quelques un qui ont fait des swap, mais c'est pas facile et évidemment très cher.

La fiabilité des 2.0t 2nd gen, ne sont pas ben mieux que les 1st gen. Tu le vois ben, le gars s'est meme pas rendu à 200k km, et moteur rebuilt partiellement et nouvelle transmission...

Donc pour le prix, trouve toi un B7 Avant manuelle en état. Je sais que zilla motorsport en avait un à vendre, rouge. Je ne sais pas le mileage, mais il avait l'air propre.

Sinon, dis toi qu'un 2.0t 2nd gen yen a sur le marché, et un moteur c'est environ 2xxx$. Si le char est ok, c'est pas si pire, il y a des pieces en masse.
UN Avant b8 sline, c'est rare en maudit.

Took Schyzo advice and the stock air intake is back in, replaced plugs and wires. Yesterday had to put the original ABS module back (to bleed brakes properly) since I couldn't code the replacement, it listed code 03704 but would accept that code, could change it to the other two available codes. The only difference between the two module is the revision, old module Part# 3A0 907 379 E replacement is 3A0 907 379. Got the radio working, replaced the cruise control stack (still need to test), replaced the drivers door latch, installed missing hardware for the door card. Replaced the emergency brake cables and guide tubes. Installed two pin Deutsch connector for the previously installed lower grill DRL so when I pull the front grill assembly they'll disconnect easily. Replaced the low beam H7 bulbs.

mLMYAgR.jpg

Last edited:
At Berlin Klassik today was an awesome show!

dkuVBrx.jpg

Love this benz

ph2zzsq.jpg

This Scirocco was a husband and wife project - she got to do the engine bay :D It was extremely well done, flawless.
mTssb8l.jpg

naxwdli.jpg

JE0MBfi.jpg

VCxPaxq.jpg

Back