What did you do to your VW/Audi today?

More progress on the Rado.
Yesterday I built a ghetto engine lift out of 2 x4, 2 x6 with a 1 ton cable puller :yikes: to swap out the old PG block with the new AEB block on the engine stand, while I had the AEB block on the lift installed the flywheel and used my flywheel lock tool and got the AEB crank bolt loose.
Safely on the engine stand without hurting myself or others LOL!

Had a stripped allen bolt that holds the harmonic pulley/power steering pump pulley to the crank pulley, bolt the assmebly onto the AEB block, drove a torxs bit into it held back the crankshaft at the opposite end and was able to break away the bolt :beer:

Installed the pistons into the AEB block:

All went well till I got to piston#4, notice the rod bearing cap was fitting right when I snug up the bolts prior to checking bearing clearance. Remove the piston only to find the skirt on the opposite side of the oil squirters now has a chip broken off *banghead* .The PG block doesn't have an impulse wheel so I know need to remove the crankshaft, impulse wheel and re-install everything. I'll be looking for another stock 81mm PG piston and some new cap bolts as well. Another hiccup in the hybrid build :D

Last edited:
Notice any additional vibration/noise?

So had a chance tu push the car on my way to work.

Didn't notice additional vibrations but
Throttle response is better, gear changes feel smoother and overall it feels a lot less jerky, especially down shifts and from a stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They dont have good prices...beeing a Koni dealer id expect a better price...

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Anything local won't have good price. If you want the best deals, they are out of Quebec most of the time, unfortunately.

But for simplicity, I often end up buying local

@schyzo, toujours pas trouvé un deal sur une hpfp?
Nope je croyais en avoir trouver une et j'attendais des photos mais le maudit ontarien est aller dans mon auto et la vendu à quelqu'un​ dautre sans m'en parler

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Borrowed​ a roof box for my trip coming up in 3 weeks.
d8a35950f204852b94208cc6020d35b8.jpg

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Some pics @slow&notlow took yesterday at julep...the only MR members in the pics...rest of the pics are on the fb page.
bbdb3d2e6696af1b714b4a17567b02ba.jpg
df9a009ec8b81bd448bc252d5da6b638.jpg
8cef1f4ede6d677c68663fc27533200c.jpg

washed the hooptie and noticed stone chips on my LIP .. i got it painted last summer and its already fucked but at least im getting my .:R cluster installed next week finally

Installed Koni Yellow rear shocks on my car yesterday...took it for a drive and suddently started hearing a lit of turbo spool/flutter on my way back home...
Today after work i inspect the car to notice my downpipe isnt flush to the turbo..gasket is also burnt and 2 studs out of 3 are missing.

No clue how this happened and i was not the last one to touch that either.

Anyways with 15mins left before the dealer parts counter closes I call my buddy at vw Vaudreuil and order all the parts for the job.
3 new studs and cooper nuts, exhaust manifokd gaskets and intake manifold gasket.

Pulled the turbo out tonight. 2 studs broken flush on the turbo housing and 3rd broke when i was trying to take it appart.
-Right off the batt i notice the nuts there arent the cooper ones I put when i swapped out the motor...soo the shop who touched it put the wrong nuts back causing them to seize and break the stud.
Anyways spent the night getting the studs out..one came out with the vise-grip and the other 2 i drilled out with my drillpress and retapped the holes.
I also found some extra exhaust gasket sheet soo I made a new downpipe gasket myself ready to put on.
Waiting for all the parts tomorrow(today/Friday) and ill be putting it all back on the car after work in time for the LowLevel meet Saturday.
c20bd820bea9c01b3924919ec40ab270.jpg

washed the hooptie and noticed stone chips on my LIP .. i got it painted last summer and its already fucked but at least im getting my .:R cluster installed next week finally
You know youll need a immo delete to run another cluster on your car

You know youll need a immo delete to run another cluster on your car

Not exactly true, retreiving the skc and cloning is feasable.

I cloned an S4 cluster in my A4, immo is active (Wanted the color DIS for my RNS-E)
f077e82d1264e41f24099580d1f454d4.jpg

Basically you read the encrypted bin and save it as a backup, put it in virgin mode, read decrypted, write down the SKC. Put in donor cluster, retreive skc. Take vagcom, go to instruments, login using donor skc, read channel 50 and put your original cluster skc, test, save, done.

You need to have all your keys with you since you'll need to reprogram them.

You run the chance to brick your cluster if you're not familiar with vag eeprom.

Not exactly true, retreiving the skc and cloning is feasable.

I cloned an S4 cluster in my A4, immo is active (Wanted the color DIS for my RNS-E)
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170526/f077e82d1264e41f24099580d1f454d4.jpg

Basically you read the encrypted bin and save it as a backup, put it in virgin mode, read decrypted, write down the SKC. Put in donor cluster, retreive skc. Take vagcom, go to instruments, login using donor skc, read channel 50 and put your original cluster skc, test, save, done.

You need to have all your keys with you since you'll need to reprogram them.

You run the chance to brick your cluster if you're not familiar with vag eeprom.
Yes I know you can adapt the cluster..but yiu need to have vagcom and know what your are doing as mentionned...maybe you can help him with that haha

Yes I know you can adapt the cluster..but yiu need to have vagcom and know what your are doing as mentionned...maybe you can help him with that haha

Actually you need vag eeprom or vash dash can (lots of Chinese replicas of the latest that can lead to a nice R cluster paper weight) and vagcom.

Best solution is Tom at speedosolutions for those who arent sure of what they're doing.

Forget DBI tuning, he told me it was impossible to clone an S4 cluster in an A4 haha

Back