What did you do to your VW/Audi today?

im in the same boat as you guys found the GLI interior 600$ usd for everything to do the swap .. my GLI seats were 650$CND for front n back ..

after 4 years with the dip it was time to take it off ( pain in the ass to remove this thing )

Day1

[URL=http://s797.photobucket.com/user/mks_T/media/IMG_3118.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s797.photobucket.com/user/mks_T/media/IMG_3108_1.jpg.html][/URL]

3hrs just to undo the front bumper

[URL=http://s797.photobucket.com/user/mks_T/media/IMG_3114.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s797.photobucket.com/user/mks_T/media/IMG_3110.jpg.html][/URL]

how it sits now

[URL=http://s797.photobucket.com/user/mks_T/media/IMG_3115.jpg.html][/URL]

Bon j'ai fais une petite mise a niveau au jetta étant donné qu'il va devenir mon road bitch. Coolant: Check, power steering : CHeck, Huile moteur : Check, Pression pneu : Check 35 lbs partout.

Pret pour faire mon 136km par jour haha. Je me suis réservé un 100$/semaine de budget pour le gaz j'espère que ca va etre asser parceque sinon ca sera pas trop payant haha.

Bon j'ai fais une petite mise a niveau au jetta étant donné qu'il va devenir mon road bitch. Coolant: Check, power steering : CHeck, Huile moteur : Check, Pression pneu : Check 35 lbs partout.

Pret pour faire mon 136km par jour haha. Je me suis réservé un 100$/semaine de budget pour le gaz j'espère que ca va etre asser parceque sinon ca sera pas trop payant haha.

i hope u dont have a heavy foot .. with 100$ buy gas outside the city n you should be fine

So got the repair estimate from the body shop yesterday $3,900.00. I just don't get insurance companies it seems or feels like they're quick and willing to take your money but when it comes to paying out on their end it a damn struggle. When I spoke to the insurance adjuster the day after the accident she told me that she would do her best to have the deductible waved but since both my son and I hit the tire while it was lying on the road it's now considered collision and we become at fault. I total get that if out of the blue you hit some debris and there's no way of determining where it came from then yes that is collision and at fault on your part. But in this instance the tractor trailer is pulled over and two other damaged vehicles are as well. Because the other two vehicles were hit by the tire as it came off the tractor trailer that is not considered collision and they aren't at fault. The customer rep at the body shop even phone the adjuster and argued the point that we know where the tire came from and why should the customer be at fault, they wouldn't commit to reimbursement of the deductible if this is not settle be the time I pick up the car. He was told until they get police report and the talk to the transport company insurance the deductible still stands. So this is my first accident in many years so my rate won't go up but my son being a new driver his rating goes from a 1 to 4. What a f**** joke this is! :squintfin

The night of the accident the OPP officer told me that I didn't have $2,000.00 worth of damage guess he was a little off on his estimate. :rant:

Also found out from the previous owner of the Golf that the front end clip is an aftermarket Euro Style clip, ordered it from the US yesterday to the tune of $865.00 CND got it ship to a US address and will still need to pay duty when I cross it over. Still cheaper then having UPS broker it for me (they charge a ridiculous fee to do that). Body shop will reimburse me when I submit the receipt was easier doing it this way since it had to be purchased from the USA.

Was some hidden damaged on the Passat as well, broken rad support and another part was crack can remember what it was.

Last edited:
damnnnnnn .. get sotman to swap you a TDI in the Rdirty =)
LOL

Sunday i was driving in the south shore and alternating with a/c and open windows....all of a sudden i try to tun the a/c on ans there is 0 air coming out of the vents...did some research yesterday and found out a pin breaks off the switch. So i decided to fix that yesterday temporarly untill i can go get a replacement climate control module from my friends parts car..

As u can see there is no pin going from the plastic knob to the metal copper looking plate..
4ca3c2d4dba012816a0096bbbfeee855.jpg

After looking for the pin in the car for 10mins..found it and glued it back into place..
f05b4442e87facb3cabc0fa012fdf59d.jpg

Put everything back toghether and now i have air again!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Geez that sucks Droid. You should threaten to switch insurance companies if they dont give you your money. Also, I know the chances of this happening in the first place are super slim. But you should get a go pro or some dash cam for future use since your always driving long distances.

Geez that sucks Droid. You should threaten to switch insurance companies if they dont give you your money. Also, I know the chances of this happening in the first place are super slim. But you should get a go pro or some dash cam for future use since your always driving long distances.

That is probably the worse argument I hear all day long...
His adjuster ordered the police report, getting it takes time. It's a particular case in the end I think they might wave the deductable but it's not certain. They will probably have to claim it from the trucks insurance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That is probably the worse argument I hear all day long...
His adjuster ordered the police report, getting it takes time. It's a particular case in the end I think they might wave the deductable but it's not certain. They will probably have to claim it from the trucks insurance

Works with cellphone companies. :dunno:

Cellphone companies and insurance companies...exaclty the same!!!
I always tought people who served me that stupid argument tought they were talking with bell or videotron!!

Fair enough lol.

Just got rear ended by a uhaul truck. Luckily we were going parking lot speed but still. Car has a nice deep scratch on the rear bumper no dents. Ironically the truck had a deep dent on its front bumper lol.

Ok c'est décidé le jetta part fort probablement la semaine prochaine ! 136km aujourd'hui ben pénard sans jamais dépasser 100 pi ca me prendre une moitié de tank. Fuck off je voyage pas avec ca certains lol!!

Samedi prochain un gars de qc descend il veut trader son mazda 3 gt 2006 contre le vr. I know, I know mazda mais bon...

Back