What did you do to your VW/Audi today?

Was a Kenny's in Gatineau yesterday looking to pick up the clock spring from a 1997 GTI but unfortunately someone had pull the steering column and the clock spring was split apart, but I did find headlights that were in excellent shape, mine need changing.

Didn't you had the Mk4 style lights?
Also pretty sure any mk3 clock spring will work

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk

Yes but the adjusters were f**k. I also believe any MK3 clock spring will do, had check at Kenny in Ottawa they had 1997 Golf but no luck, someone beat me to it.

Sorry yeah duh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its cancelled and put back to next week due to the weather..

On a side not i picked up a set of 18" manhattan wheels that originally come on the Touareg..got a good deal since all the paint was falling off. Ill get them repainted over the winter and theyll go on my wagon next summer..i added a pic of what it could look like.
ebe3cbc39a6992bc2e88c25f674f5a64.jpg
31e7cf4bafc4e8311d404782cb144526.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Shit halfway there oh well see you next week. Nice score on the wheels going to look good on your wagon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
@northerndroid the car would look killer with a Jetta front end

What is the difference between the Jetta and GTI front end? Just can't seem to pick out the differences. Was told by the previous owner that the guy he bought the car from had updated it to euro bumpers, side mouldings, fender flares. The car did start it's life in the BC interior before coming to eastern Canada (Quebec City).

What is the difference between the Jetta and GTI front end? Just can't seem to pick out the differences. Was told by the previous owner that the guy he bought the car from had updated it to euro bumpers, side mouldings, fender flares. The car did start it's life in the BC interior before coming to eastern Canada (Quebec City).

diffenrent hood, grill and lights. i personally think the jetta front end look terrible on a golf. the gti dual chamber headlight complet de front end very well.
003f89dffedaf635f575ef788c4b93d1--golf-mk-golf-jetta.jpg

vs
05ae0c442a84c406fd5ceecb5953545e.jpg

also not to be a dick, but you also do not have the euro front and rear bumper. you probably have a plastidip NA bumper to make it look euro.

also not to be a dick, but you also do not have the euro front and rear bumper. you probably have a plastidip NA bumper to make it look euro.

I appreciate the clarification on both end front and bumpers. New to the MK3 world as you can tell. :D I've done plastdip before but the texture on the bumper to look and feel legit, can find the edge to peel it back like plastidip does. But if they were euro bumpers the license plate area would be different. Not sure how the texture was added to both bumpers.

Last edited:
rear euro bumper. the lower valence is different and the bumper is shorter also
25f6de98a8be74d351926fdcc093044d.jpg

front euro bumper, the lower middle grill as different number of fins, euro plate in the middle, no marker and also shorter.
product_detailed_image_694_1525.jpg

got home from tour to find out that my TDI might be a lemon .. car sat for a week .. took a ride to find out that one of my axles broke and i have a gash in my tranny and leaking tranny oil ( how this happend i have no clue ).. all fixed now but i hope that when i get back from tour on the 6th of nov nothing else is broken .. . and i still have the MK4 out and about for these turbo weather days .. maybe a cruise in the month of november if anyone is down

Back