What did you do to your VW/Audi today?

toujours une bonne idée quand tu prends possession d'une nouvelle voiture de changer les liquides!

Mais je t'apprends rien :p

ce que je trouve wierd, c'est que VW le demande pas dans la table de maintenance. J'ai lu quelque part "sealed for life", mais c'est 240 000km. De toute façon, l'huile ce n'est pas éternel...
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2016/MC-10069459-0335.pdf

manquerai l'huile a frein et a powersteering "tant qu'ày être".

Je vais devoir acheter la pompe pour l'huile à transmission et le truc pour verser l'huile a diff. Même en DIY ca va être +++1000$.

slapped on some OEM fog lights on the mk6. i didnt get the euro switch or wiring harness yet tho so they dont work.

once quarantine is over il over the parts off ECS tuning.
But do you guys know if its possible to get the wiring harness elsewhere without ordering from ECS and paying US customs?

this is what i did to make them work on my TDI mk5

trigger wires
relays
euroswtitch

i can double check what i used to be exact and PM you

ce que je trouve wierd, c'est que VW le demande pas dans la table de maintenance. J'ai lu quelque part "sealed for life", mais c'est 240 000km. De toute façon, l'huile ce n'est pas éternel...

lifetime for them ends at a certain mileage (the expected ownership)...I dont know how important the transfercase and diff fluids are, but I'm deff going to be doing my trans flush and filter aswell in the spring..ZF states on their website the service should be every 8yrs or 120k km.

did you decide what brand fluid you are going to use for yours?

I don't have a ZF trans, mine is Aisin 8 spd. There is a fault on ECS website, the total should be 409$ (price of added component is LESS than the price of the kit). Going OEM with fluids, no savings to be made there.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...transmission-filter-service-kit/0c8325435akt/

diffs, mine are non locking
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...s/synthetic-gear-oil-75w90-1-liter/g052145s2/

The center diff is 1L (30$) and 2 plugs, can't hurt to renew. Most oil don't keep their properties that long anyway.

oh, je pensais les Treg avaient la ZF 8spd aussi....was just a heads up since the OEM VW/Audi stuff is marked up quite a bit and (for my case anyways) you can buy the OE ZF brand fluid for half the price(idk if there is the same option for Aisin)

Q5 got the ZF, but same 3.0 engine. No idea why. Cayenne share the same powertrain as Touareg.
There are absolutely no tune available for the Aisin, the only thing I could find is the "pre emission fix" flash (which I got).

the post fix transmission flash was soooo annoying. reving the engine up to 3k when cold (typically doesn't shift above 2k), more compression braking, ...

I am currently looking where to buy the fluid; I asked a quote from VW as well (they told me the trans fluid was good for lifetime LOL). Again, oil is the last place I want to "cut" or save money. Still annoying to spend +1k$ on something invisible.

I will get my old oil analyzed (trans and diffs). I know a guy LOL

Q5 got the ZF, but same 3.0 engine. No idea why. Cayenne share the same powertrain as Touareg.
There are absolutely no tune available for the Aisin, the only thing I could find is the "pre emission fix" flash (which I got).

the post fix transmission flash was soooo annoying. reving the engine up to 3k when cold (typically doesn't shift above 2k), more compression braking, ...

I am currently looking where to buy the fluid; I asked a quote from VW as well (they told me the trans fluid was good for lifetime LOL). Again, oil is the last place I want to "cut" or save money. Still annoying to spend +1k$ on something invisible.

I will get my old oil analyzed (trans and diffs). I know a guy LOL

I also noticed the factory VW/AUDI filter are WAYYYYY more expensive than the reputable German aftermarket brands... I will probably settle with a Meyle filter/gasket kit since the savings are very significant...lets be honest here the oem filter is made by one of them anyways

I understand quality comes at a price. But there is also a point where you get screwed for the name as well.

I called VW, my emission fix is not "completed" as I am missing one stage apparently. They didn't want to quote the transmission oil change claiming it is "lifetime good". 150$ per diff.
I am guessing 1k$ for the tranny oil alone.

I understand quality comes at a price. But there is also a point where you get screwed for the name as well.

Pretty much... a high-end metal-can Wix engine oil filter retails for $20 for generic cars.

I have some experience with parts like the filter you show. Actually, my experience is more with electronic parts installed in a plastic enclosure having two halves, a glue joint, and metal compression limiters for the screw holes, but it's close enough.

Here's my rough guesstimate on how much the filter costs (in USD) to make in mass production:

Upper plastic case half (made of PA66-GF33): 0.30
Lower plastic case half (same as upper): 0.30
Four metal compression limiters (total price): 0.20
RTV silicone glue joint: 0.20
Filter media: 1.00 (really random guess, as filters are not my domain)

Total: 2 USD

le cout unitaire dépend des volumes aussi bien sur. Ils claiment que c'est "lifetime good", alors probablement pas prévu de beaucoup de production pour la maintenance. Quand même ridicule car c'est un filtre.

Anyway. Je vais analyser ma vieille huile de transmission et de diff pour voir qui dit vrai.
mesure de la viscosité (40 & 100C)
F526532-B-2-A8-C-49-C4-B10-F-6388762-F47-FB.jpg

analyse des métaux d'usure
7-B6-FCAC9-3-D52-4-D16-8623-4-B7299-F24-AA0.jpg

FTIR (propriétés de l'huile avec mesure infrarouge)
B5-FE493-F-4-CD9-4-FAB-A455-C0863-FA20-D97.jpg

13435332_1608774456079458_2929674356094947345_n.jpg

lmaoooo

and yeah from what I understand, when they say "lifetime" its for the life of the oil...which is a pretty vague term :laugh:

Cleaned, protected installed black mirror caps and dynamic signals. Debating on going with black emblems and black wheels.

For gsw alltrack guys what is yoy technique to clean this triangle window? Here's mine.
281c709fa1a0e56b991f3d5eed9b6059.jpg
132ba8feb17081412be8f9062cb51e6f.jpg
cff77a10752c3f3e3aaaae8bd8062166.jpg
05b4ee3f6d7f294642e0d8c6ddeb942b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

Je vais porter mon truck pour turbo/downpipe/DPF jeudi chez Rive Sud Euro. Pas mal hâte de voir. Je vais faire des logs avec VCDS pour évaluer la différence. Les gars de Malone ont pas voulu dépasser 27PSI, je vais leurs demandés pour un peu plussssss

j'ai mon filezilla pour le flash, VCDS pour les logs.

Back