cancelled '04 m3 order, replacing order with...

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol...u guys are funny. regardless, here's what i see.

relatively equal performances: x5 4.4i, x5 4.6is (no longer made), x5 4.8i (replacing 4.4i), fx45, and cayenne s....in my opinion and based on some reading. x5 4.8i may be more $ than fx45 but that's not why i choose to look at them. both would be comparable in performance (when 4.8i comes out) i think, could be wrong.

cayenne turbo is above all those, in my opinion, and is too much suv for my needs.

bmwmcoupe said:
BECAUSE THATS WHAT HE IS BUYING, i was saying it doesnt compare to the fx45, 4.8 he is getting go look in previous pages, ANyways i think we hacked is thread enough soo this is enough, but i was saying the 4.8 is 105 000$ which is alot more then the fx45 soo i didnt see why he was considering on buying the fx

you're a freaking retard

bmw 4.4i = 320hp
bmw 4.6is = 360hp
bmw 4.8is = ~400hp

4.8is will be barely slower than a cayenne turbo

so nsxmofo either was confused and meant 4.8is READ "IS"
or he meant the upcomming 4.4i replacement... 4.8i or whatever it will be. WHICH IS THE LOGICAL THING ANYONE SHOULD ASSUME GIVEN THE COMPARISSON!!!!

otherwise this comparison doesn't make sense and I don't know why anyone would consider the FX45 or cayenne S to a 4.8is, which is a totaly different product, in a totaly different price range.

Last edited:
Qubism said:
you're a freaking retard

bmw 4.4i = 320hp
bmw 4.6is = 360hp
bmw 4.8is = ~400hp

4.8is will be barely slower than a cayenne turbo

so nsxmofo is either was confused and meant 4.8is READ "IS"
or he meant the upcomming 4.4i replacement... 4.8i or whatever it will be

otherwise this comparison doesn't make sense and I don't know why anyone would consider the FX45 or cayennes to a 4.8is, which is a totaly different product.

i meant 4.8i. they don't make any "is" anymore. 4.8i to replace 4.4i, just more displacement.

nsxmofo said:
oh, didn't know that. in that case 4.8is would compete with cayenne turbo probably. nawww, 4.8i is enough for me.

to be 100% honest, from what I know, I'm not sure there will be a replacement for the 4.4i in 2004..

Qubism said:
to be 100% honest, from what I know, I'm not sure there will be a replacement for the 4.4i in 2004..

there isn't. replacement due for 2005 model year as 4.8i in the states.

Qubism said:
otherwise this comparison doesn't make sense and I don't know why anyone would consider the FX45 or cayenne S to a 4.8is, which is a totaly different product, in a totaly different price range.

thats what i was saying from the beggining

NSXmofo -

Avoid the PCCB brakes. They may last forever on the street but they wear out too damn fast on the track. Porsche will not honor the warranty on the brakes if they have been used on a track. Each, I repeat each rotor costs $11,000 Canadian, or $8,700 US. Yes, that would be about $35,000 US dollars to replace the four rotors. Buy the steel ones and save the up front cost and life will be good. For more info go to the forums at Rennlist.org.
FInd gt2-gt3 and go to page 4 or 5 lokkiing for "PCCB Arbitration Results.

By the way things could be worse, the Ferrari Stradale also uses ceramic brakes and the rotors cost more. The brake pads are silly expensive at $6200 for a set of front and rears.

Dude if you plan on tracking the GT3 becarful,its a very different car than the NSX. You thought lifting off in turn 2 was bad enough in the NSX, well same result in the GT3 but at each corner. If I were you, before I would push the car to its limits, I would get used to it and maybe learn a few tricks or so with rennsport perhaps!

Last edited:
Dreamer said:
I will be shot for this:
Dude if you plan on tracking the GT3 and drive it the way you drive the NSX you will kill yourself! You thought lifting off in turn 2 was bad enough in the NSX, well same result in the GT3 but at each corner, if I were you i would get lessons and learn how to drive better before pushing the car!!!!!

thanks for the kind words. more than likely i'll keep the gt3 in the states and run with the old scca gang at gingerman, elkhart lakes, and brainerd like in the old days.

Last edited:
Dreamer said:
I will be shot for this:
Dude if you plan on tracking the GT3 and drive it the way you drive the NSX you will kill yourself! You thought lifting off in turn 2 was bad enough in the NSX, well same result in the GT3 but at each corner, if I were you i would get lessons and learn how to drive better before pushing the car!!!!!

Actually, no ones going to shoot you so dont get all jumpy. You're simply going to be the laughing stock of the board for being an ignorant putz. But hey, you'll fit right in with the rest of the 19 year old gang banging kids on here that pimp around in their parent's BMWs and MBs. Nsxmofo has plenty of track experience throughout the USA, and is a very cool and collected driver once he gets behind the wheel. Don't make infantile asusmptions about him just because of a single mishap with a new car on street tires and stock brakes. Considering he has merely done a combined 30 or so laps at MT, and considering his car's set-up, his performance is nothing to scoff at. Your Monday morning quarterback antics are getting quite lame.

nsxmofo said:
thanks for the kind words. more than likely i'll keep the gt3 in the states and run with the old scca gang at gingerman, elkhart lakes, and brainerd like in the old days.

I wasn't trying to flame you. If you want I shall edit my previous post. I just wanted to let you know that the GT3 will be a totally different track car than your NSX and will require a very different approach. Good luck with the car and becareful with the americans they tend to be real hot head at the rennsport evens!

SiRGodfather said:
Actually, no ones going to shoot you so dont get all jumpy. You're simply going to be the laughing stock of the board for being an ignorant putz. But hey, you'll fit right in with the rest of the 19 year old gang banging kids on here that pimp around in their parent's BMWs and MBs. Nsxmofo has plenty of track experience throughout the USA, and is a very cool and collected driver once he gets behind the wheel. Don't make infantile asusmptions about him just because of a single mishap with a new car on street tires and stock brakes. Considering he has merely done a combined 30 or so laps at MT, and considering his car's set-up, his performance is nothing to scoff at. Your Monday morning quarterback antics are getting quite lame.

So you think i was speculating about everything having read about it on the board... lol here to make this even better for you im 17! Now let's see were you flagging on the track the day he was lapping???? funny thing i was right on the track !! By the way I don't have a car as a matter of fact and don't cruise around in my parent's BMW, I got my license in august and im insured on my mom's car!!!! Big woop, and so were you proabably and no its not a bimmer or an Mb but a VW!

Edit can you explain to me how that post made me an ignorant putz? I was only recommending facts and I know how a GT3 behaves on a track!

Dreamer said:
I wasn't trying to flame you. If you want I shall edit my previous post. I just wanted to let you know that the GT3 will be a totally different track car than your NSX and will require a very different approach. Good luck with the car and becareful with the americans they tend to be real hot head at the rennsport evens!

no, you're not flaming. oh but i AM an american - one that fully respects the nature of the beasts.

I wasn't disrespecting any americans, I had come to a conclusion, is that in evens held my americans, many crashes occur, vs canadians, none or small one occur!

I think that what Dreamer is saying is that, in general, the American Rennsport events tenf to see many more casualties than their Canadian counterparts. The drivers tend to equip themselves to the t!ts with all the goodies except talent. the driving lessons are a great idea, you'll only learn to go faster, safer.

I think his comment about your inexperience is a little much, but it is true that lifting at the top was a rookie mistake. But sometimes, shit happens. Anyhow, enjoy the GT3 on thr track; it is fabulous.

Dreamer said:
Now let's see were you flagging on the track the day he was lapping???? funny thing i was right on the track !!

Actually I was the passenger in the car when he lost it after turn 1. So don't even bother playing that card son.

Dreamer said:
I was only recommending facts and I know how a GT3 behaves on a track!

You haven't even had your license for 6 months and somehow you think your opinion means stink? You think you know how a GT3 responds on a track? Please... So what if you've driven them once or twice? Big sh!t. At 17 and having been drving for 6 months, you are hardly someone that should be giving nsxmofo some advice. Go back to your McJob and stop pretending to be an authority.

SiRGodfather said:
Actually I was the passenger in the car when he lost it after turn 1. So don't even bother playing that card son.

Congrats would you like a prize with that!
You haven't even had your license for 6 months and somehow you think your opinion means stink? You think you know how a GT3 responds on a track? Please... So what if you've driven them once or twice? Big sh!t. At 17 and having been drving for 6 months, you are hardly someone that should be giving nsxmofo some advice. Go back to your McJob and stop pretending to be an authority.

Pm it will be!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back