Great interview with Porsche's GT Boss about the new 991 GT3.

VWSpeed

Explains the PDK decision and the new 3.8L

[video=vimeo;61075280]http://vimeo.com/61075280[/video]

Very informative interview...a must for 911 enthusiats :D 50-years on and Porsche still delivers on the 911.

Who needs a supercar when this is so good, now let's imagine the RS version. As he states, "Drive the car then make your judgement..."

I need to speak to the salesman I know at Porsche to find out what's the required deposit on one of those...

'If after driving this you still prefer the older modesl, call me...'

Now thats assurance right there...

yeah its fast , its quick shift , its 7 gears . but how much its can support hp tq and how long its gonna support that . that why manual gear box was always fun .

yeah its fast , its quick shift , its 7 gears . but how much its can support hp tq and how long its gonna support that . that why manual gear box was always fun .

Hopefully the new engines won't back out variocam cambolts like on the 3.8 Mezger....

My biggest worry is that the PDK won't hold up to 30-40 track days.. I'd be changing that PDK fluid several times a season..

Hopefully the new engines won't back out variocam cambolts like on the 3.8 Mezger....

My biggest worry is that the PDK won't hold up to 30-40 track days.. I'd be changing that PDK fluid several times a season..

x2 . and i just imagine how much its gonna cost to repair if its gonna broke . i understand that ppl who gonna get that porsche have a money . but if its gonno fail every week , then even for rich ppl its can cost alot lol :D

x2 . and i just imagine how much its gonna cost to repair if its gonna broke . i understand that ppl who gonna get that porsche have a money . but if its gonno fail every week , then even for rich ppl its can cost alot lol :D

A rebuild on a GT3 996/997/ RS/Turbo trans can be upwards of 20k FYI depending on what you want in it for example a ring/pinon set can run 3-4k.... A decent used trans is 9-13k... The transmission is based off the legendary Getrag G50. It's completely different to the Aisin or Getrag unit found in C2s and C4s and WILL not bolt up to the engine in those cars.

A rebuild on a GT3 996/997/ RS/Turbo trans can be upwards of 20k FYI depending on what you want in it.... A decent used unit is 9-13k... The transmission is based off the legendary Getrag G50. It's completely different to the Aisin or Getrag unit found in C2s and C4s and WILL not bolt up to the engine in those cars.

fuuuuuu . that tooo much :O

Cupcar gear box is a hoot! Close ratios :D I drove a 996 GT3 with one, although it was on the street it was pretty sweet.

NICE,
But if i'd have had a bit more money
My choice would have been

a
911 4S with a MANUAL 7 speed gearbox

Enough/too much power if you ask me + decent gadgets for everyday use !

Back