Should I upgrade to K04?

Ghost-Dawg

Hey guys,

At the end of fall my turbo seals on my mkIV GTI started leaking and whenever i spool it, smoke comes out the back. With my new shift at work i barely drive the car so when I am forced to drive it, I drive it like a grandpa. With slow driveing there are no problems, car runs like a champ.

My question is, can i replace the k03 without haveing to worry about internal damage?

Should I put some money aside, save up for a K04 setup and have a complete internal cleanout? maybe with a 2L stroker kit?

Let me know what you think guys!

Thanks

Love the one word answers lol!

I was more looking for a comment on what I should do about internals with my turbo leaking oil.

Guess ill have to make a stop at Unitronic for a quote :D

Je veux mettre un k16 dans mon char je pourrais rechanger ça contre mon k04 :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

i put a k04 2 years ago into my jetta and its on stock internals and nothing went wrong at 20-25psi so far :D

*Sigh* Guess i shouldve worded the title of the thread better cause people cant seem to read the first post lol

I putted a K04-023 in my Jetta MIV two years ago, with no internal modifications. I'm chipped 2+ Unitronic 21psi.
Don't worry 1.8T are touch and robust engine. It's not like Honda and Subaru.

I putted a K04-023 in my Jetta MIV two years ago, with no internal modifications. I'm chipped 2+ Unitronic 21psi.
Don't worry 1.8T are touch and robust engine. It's not like Honda and Subaru.

word

I've been thinking about the k04 upgraded for a few weeks now.

I really think you should

Back