car registration - piad but got a ticket! Help

SimSin

I paid my license on friday (it was already late at this point) through my bank.
I decided to go drive today. When I was coming homing a SQ pulled me over He gave me a ticket telling me that my registration wasn't paid. I told him that I had paid it friday. He advised me that it was still unpaid in the system.
I have proof that I paid it on friday the 15th and that I got a ticket at 10pm on the 18th, Can I win this ticket in court if I contest?

Thanks for your help

J'ai payé mon enregistrement vendredi a la banque (la paiement en retard de 2 semaine).
J'ai décidé d'aller faire un tour, en revenant un SQ m'a arrete, il m'a donné une contravention a cause que mon enregistrement n'etais pas payer. Je lui ai dit que j'avais payé ce vendredi. Il m'a dit qu'il était encore pas payé dans le système.
J'ai la preuve que j'ai payée vendredi le 15 et que j'ai eu une contravention à 10h le 18, est-ce que je peux gagner en cour si je conteste?

Merci de l'aide

the transaction was done with the bank but not necessarly transfered to the saaq yet
but a judge could go your way, you never know
but there is no legal obligation on is part

Nothing you can do, as explained to me, it is your responsibility to be sure your license and registration is valid before driving.

I might be mistaken, but isn't there a notice on your remittance slip that says allow "X" number of business days if paying through your bank?

It probably takes a few business days and between the 15th and 18th was a weekend. I would try contesting it because I know the ticket isn't cheap.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

Yes, now I understand that it takes some time from the bank to SAAQ.

I would like to contest... if there is a chance that the judge rules in my favor since the money was in "transit"

c'est pas mal 50 50 pour tes chances de gagné.... sa dépend de comment tu es devant le juge et s'il est correct, si non, c'est effectivement ta responsabilité de payé à temps...

tu peux pogné un juge sévère qui va dire ; monsieur, si vous aviez payé avant la date limite, vous n'auriez pas eu cette contravention, vous êtes coupable, donc ticket plus frais....

comme tu peux en pogné un compréhensif et il te déclare non coupable.

essaie, t'as rien a perdre à part de payer des frais de cours et une journée de travail, a toi de voir si sa en vaut la peine.

Of course you can win that case.

Usually when I pay for my registration I go directly at the bank and the lady gives me a recipe. Since i'm a lazy ass and always pay my registration the same day it's expiring, the lady always tells me to keep the recipe in the car so I can prove that I paid for it since it takes a couple of days for the SAAQ to receive the payment I guess.

You paid for your registration before it was due and you have a recipe to prove it. Not your problem if the system takes some days to update that information.

Usually when I pay for my registration I go directly at the bank and the lady gives me a recipe. Since i'm a lazy ass and always pay my registration the same day it's expiring, the lady always tells me to keep the recipe in the car so I can prove that I paid for it since it takes a couple of days for the SAAQ to receive the payment I guess.

You paid for your registration before it was due and you have a recipe to prove it. Not your problem if the system takes some days to update that information.

Thats what I hope I can use to win the case... Im just not sure if it matters that they didnt get the money on time.

You should've kept your receipt in your car. I once paid it at the bank when I was also late, and the teller told me "it takes a few days for the payment to get to the SAAQ, just so you know. You might not want to drive your vehicle for the moment."

I'm guessing she said that so I wouldn't get stopped. They do stamp your registration slip with a date, so you should've showed them that.

that logic is not good, since making a transaction to the bank doesn't magicly pay your bill's at that instant
it's a service that the bank offer, to transit the bill for you
but you bill is paid when the money is transfered to the other party, not when you initiated the payment

that logic would be the same as saying i put my check in the mail at X date, i have a proof

so the money was in transit for the operation and yes this is YOUR problem

but a judge could go your way if you say when you noticed the event, that is not to far from the original expiring date, you when to pay it right away

or you could say sorry i drove for 2 full week without a permits, but paid it as soon as i knew :p maybe not

legalement ça tient pas les boys ... ils vous envoient la facture des SEMAINES avant la date justement pour vous casser cet argument ... ur late ... not the Gouv fault

Back