Event Coverage: Subaru WRX Concept Revealed!

2NDGENTEG

Legacy Member
New-Subaru-WRX-Concept.jpg

Subaru just unveiled the WRX concept, previewing what to expect with the next in its line of rally-inspired all-wheel drive sport sedan.

Drivetrain details are disappointingly absent, but the Japanese brand did unveil a few key hints about the new car. Compared to the current car, it’s 2.3 inches shorter in overall length, 3.7 inches wider and 3.7 inches lower. That lower roof will help improve the car’s center of gravity, as will the carbon fiber it’s made of. The concept also gets a carbon fiber rear diffuser.

Complete 2013 New York Auto Show Coverage

But the biggest story is how it looks – a lot like a Jaguar. Any semblance of the car’s boy racer roots will be thoroughly erased if the production car turns out looking anything like this.

Instead, a gaping grille, wide vents around the fog lights and swept back headlights give the car a more mature look.

It’s wide stance and strong character lines continue around the sides and over to the deck lid which is designed to act as a spoiler. While Subaru might be trying to take a more grown-up approach to the next generation WRX, it still couldn’t resist playing with a few neon accents.

The WRX badge built into the grille, the brake calipers and even the tips of the exhaust pipes all get fluorescent yellow finish.

See more Subaru WRX Concept Photos at AutoGuide.com

Gives me faith in back in subaru.
Let's hope they don't tone it down like the FT86 concept and make it look like this :

toyota-camry.jpg

Les voitures concept sont toujours très loin de ressembler au voiture de série. C'est plate parce que ça donne des fausses attentes.

Les lignes sont tres bien. Oui concept, je doutes fort que l'intégration des taillights avec la valise que ca soit ainsi. Je laisserais tombé aussi le découpage vert/jaune au tip d'exhaust.

Les voitures concept sont toujours très loin de ressembler au voiture de série. C'est plate parce que ça donne des fausses attentes.

En effet... Les versions de production sont jamais "stancées", en plus elles ont des gros miroirs, des flasher, les vitres sont habituellement pas "flush-fitted".

Mais quand même, ça donne une bonne idée de la shape générale.

Hard for me to believe that this WRX will be the same price as the one now, I mean just look at the brakes, front are 6 pistons... carbon fiber... they better cut somewhere and hard to believe they can go more plastic crazy then now....

Hard for me to believe that this WRX will be the same price as the one now, I mean just look at the brakes, front are 6 pistons... carbon fiber... they better cut somewhere and hard to believe they can go more plastic crazy then now....
Probablement qu'ils réservent ca pour la STI et non la WRX de 'base'

To much copy from the original Evo X Concept "open grill, big vents". Wow so unique not that front end copies the X so much.

Back