Photoshoot: MK2 Brownie with a Shaved Bay

VAGScene

shaved_brown_mk2_vw_golf_(1)_1.jpg

Here’s a guy that spent just over three years building up his MK2 Volkswagen Golf. Jérémie Bérubé got the car back in 2009 with a 1.8L 16V Turbo engine, but he soon realized he was not satisfied with his purchase. There were problems here and there. So he took the leap and stripped the car down. Redoing the floor, sold the engine, and built it back up to prime condition.

Jérémie’s worked previously on his friend’s MK2 at school and it seems this had influenced him in getting one for himself. It prepared him for his build. What amazes me the most was his long dedication to the project. Spending years in a garage fiddling with wires, bodywork, and the engine build. Luckily he was not alone in doing all the work. Volkswagen veteran in our local scene, Dan Webber, helped Jérémie with building the engine. Gab from GabEurosport being experienced in wiring did all of that, including the custom fabrication like the exhaust and piping. Finally SuperDave from StanceDubs fixed and tuned the SDS standalone management.

What Jérémie liked the most about his car was that he kept the original engine and pushed it to something unique and fun to drive. Where ever drives, people of all sorts give him a thumbs up for having such a classic car.

Last summer was when the Golf finally hit the road after patiently waiting being put together. Even though so much time and effort were put into it, Jérémie sold the car so invest in buying a home. (Not long after, he got himself an Audi A4 and promised not to mod it… we all know that’s a lie…)

See Full Feature HERE!

See Full Feature HERE!

Très belle, très épurée, très old school vw. J'aurais laissé la mécanique NA par contre, un swap ABA camé avec tête porté avec le 16v aurait permis de garder le coté old school simpliste de la mécanique.

Shaved engine bays are the prettiest/most time consuming mod IMO.
x2 very time comsuming indeed! but the result is a clean and fun to look and work at.

Will all this time invested in his car, should have bought new door pin and bushing or atleast try to realign the body line.

Event is its not turboed or have big swap, a clean car and with a simple realiable engine is as fun and enjoyable.

You don't always need f**g swap or S/C setup to enjoy a car.

x2 very time comsuming indeed! but the result is a clean and fun to look and work at.

Will all this time invested in his car, should have bought new door pin and bushing or atleast try to realign the body line.

Event is its not turboed or have big swap, a clean car and with a simple realiable engine is as fun and enjoyable.

You don't always need f**g swap or S/C setup to enjoy a car.
go try to find a guy who sell 2 small door without rust or damage and call me back after hehe. man the door was so damage i change all the ''penture'' of the door and cut 2 big door to weld on the small door to take of the rust to have solid durable door. i dont know what the previous owner did to fit the big door but it wasnt right at all. the small door didnt close at all and i need to pull the frame and so much fitment to have the door seal fit right. it was the best i could do to have the door sealed corectly.
My 2 cent
Oh and serious thanks to Paul for the feature it look awesome!

Me rappel aussi ma MKII, le seul char que je pense encore et que j'aimerais m'en procurer une mint. C'était des vrais ptit go kart ces MkII.

Back