Canbec VS any other BMW dealership in the Montreal area.

Assman

Not going to get into the details, but I'm getting the run-around from Canbec's service department. In general bad customer service. ( I have been going there with no complaints since I bought my car new from them in 2011)

Who can recommend a good BMW service department: I heard Hamel in Blainville is very good, as well as BMW Laval.

Anyone have some feedback?

Thanks!

Been there a few times , Pierre Beriault is very kind and nice. I have to admit I prefer BMW Ste-Julie if it's not too far for you.

BMW LAVAL . best service and really quick .

bmw west iland , worst . i want to order one parts from it , wait like 15-20 min before seconde guy who was on pc , ask me : oo you wasnt serve yet ? noo fkng shit , why you think i m here that much time ?

same as , dirty car on front who give so much bad reputation . you never gonna see any other dealers from mercedes , audi even jean talon with dirty cars outside .

Laval or west island

West island ??? Really??? They're by far the worst dealership I've ever seen.
Trust me stay the fuck away from them.
Fkn incompetent retards over there. I don't feel like writing a HUGE wall of text describing them.
Just avoid going there for anything service related.

BMW laval on the other hand has the BEST service that I've ever received ( product wise)
Ask for Jaime. He's the one all the way at the end.

Agreed, dealership wise BMW Laval or nothing.

But i end up heading over to TC Automotive.

Stratman335: My personnel experience with BMW west island was great. You can't judge with only one bad experience.

Same with BMW laval, except the first time when I ordered OEM M3 floormats and ended up with no names. I kept going and no problems since then.

Stratman335: My personnel experience with BMW west island was great. You can't judge with only one bad experience.

Same with BMW laval, except the first time when I ordered OEM M3 floormats and ended up with no names. I kept going and no problems since then.

BMW west island has a terrible reputation and rightly so.

I speak from personal experience and from the experience of my brother.
A salesman even told me himself that they have a bad rep and he tried to help me when the service people and mechanics were acting like assholes.

He felt embarrassed and ashamed at the situation and tried his best but the mechanics wouldn't hear him or us out at all.
3-4 of them had to work on my brother's car before an actual good one took over and replaced my brother's turbo system. (Waste gate rattle)

He then had to go back again and have the exhaust replaced and again for the injectors and then again because they hadn't fixed the handbrake issue.

My brother's gf knew te owner there and finally had to bring up what happened while he saw him at the golf range and the owner lost it at his employees apparently.

My issue with west island is that I brought my car in due to 2 codes and I had already done the research on what was te most likely cause but I was told I had to pay for a faulty intake tube with sensor that I knew had nothing to do with it.
I asked for a mechanic to come outside so I could show him my engine and explain what information I gathered online from techs all around the world and he told me he didnt feel like going to see it.

He mentioned that it needed the intake tube asap or my car could end up having huge problems.
I laughed and told him that it seemed highly unlikely to be the cause considering I had a low oil pressure code and vanos code.
As it turned out he never even checked the car himself and was relying on what someone told him.
When I kept asking about the codes and telling him to focus on the low oil pressure and the fact that I kept having to have my oil topped off he just shrugged.

More bla bla ensued and I just brought it to BMW laval where it was instantly diagnosed with a leaky housing and a defective oil sensor.

The sensor was faulty even though it showed low oil but I did have an actual leak

Now imagine if I had paid BMW west island the 4-5 hundred for the intake tube
I would still have 2 issues with the car and had paid big money for nothing !

Anyway my car was tested to make sure it ran fine after having the service required on it completed and ran like brand new.
My service agent even came for a spin with me to confirm afterward.
I was assured there was no issue with the intake tube.
The vanos code triggered because the system works directly with oil pressure so since I had a leak, it affected the vanos system.

That's something they didnt do for my brother at west island.
He got the car back 2-3 times and it still rattled. Clearly they shat all over him there.

His car runs great now but it could've ran great a lot sooner had it not been for negligent mechanics.

Oh and btw I forgot to mention about how BMW west island even wanted to charge me 100 bucks for the time they spent on my car misdiagnosing it lol
They misdiagnose my car and try to get 4 bills for a part that ran perfectly fine and when I called them out on it and told them I got it fixed and that it was what I had already presumed, they tried to rob me of 100 bucks.

They're fkn on crack.

Bottom line is that BMW west island service is shit beyond belief.
In terms of sales I can't complain about Dustin whatsoever.
He s a cool guy and will work hard for u.

At BMW I dealt with Patrice and luc for sales and then Jaime for service and that combo is pure win although I see lots of clients happily served by everyone there.
I'd definitely deal with them if I buy another BMW after I get bored with my car.

Another dealership to stay away from is Audi laval for the Audi guys in here.
Terrible experience with them as well but I wrote enough and I gotta get back to work

Last edited:
Bmw west island has good after sale reps but the sale reps are pieces of shit with no respect

Went in for a maintenance for my X6. I went to grab a coffee at the mcafe and next thing you know I see a sale reps and two clients leaning on my car like if they owned it...

Things got escalated and later during day I received a call from the director with apologies.

BMW-WI are owned by Groupe Bourassa... I've deal with them many times and I'm not suprised at all.

Je ne vais pas élaborer les histoires ici par minimum de respect.

Having worked for BMW Canbec, I can tell you that the service department is in MISERABLE state and the GM, Joel Levac, knows this and does NOT want to change this.

I have heard many praises on BMW Laval, but having never worked there or owned a BMW (yark), I cannot speak of personnal experience.

I've been to west island service was less then average, Canbec are a bunch of liars I had many repeated case of bad customer service never going back there again. Laval been there once and I have no complaints

Back