THE bugatti Veyron | Showroom Waxxon Spa Automobile | Detailed

cobrAAA

Shop Representative
FOR PART 2 (with pro photos): CLICK HERE

PART 1

Oh là là, que j’avais hâte de vous présenter ce detail ! Tellement d’idées m’ont passé par la tête lors de ce travail. Je frissonnais presque, c’est tout un accomplissement pour un polisseur que d’avoir detailed une Bugatti Veyron! Ceci étant dit, j’aimerai aussi remercier la personne qui a cru en moi et a référé mon nom au propriétaire et j’apprécie la confiance qu’on m’est accordé lors du processus.

As a detailer, in your career, theres car you wish to detail so you could check it out of your ‘’accomplished detailer’’ list. Well, I’m very pleased to check the BUGATTI VEYRON. This wouldn’t ever be possible without the trust of the one who refered me to the owner and to Custom Rides in Laval, Montreal who gave me 100% trust in my work ( No one was over my shoulder all the time to see what I was doing)

Cette Veyron est différence de toutes les autres, c’est la seule qui est modifié et dépasse les 1500 chevaux. Imaginez, elle fait le 0-100 en moins de 2 secondes! C’est juste débile. Le chef derrière ce projet est le propriétaire de Custom Rides. N’étant pas callé en mécanique, je n’ai pas osé poser des questions très techniques sur l’ingénierie de ce kit 1500hp veyron, mais reste qu’il a eu nombreuse discussion avec les ingénieurs de Bugatti et ceux-ci leurs ont donnés la permission de la modifié et de fournir toutes les pièces nécessaires lors du projet. Bref, il aurait très bien pu se casser la gueule avec un tel projet et imaginez les réactions que cela aurait causé sur Internet, mais tout fut réussis. BRAVO! Je suis heureux de voir que ceci à été fait ici, à Montréal.

This Veyron is unique in the fact that it’s the only Veyron that got modified and the fact that the chef of this whole project had the chance to sit and talk with the crew at Bugatti, then they give me the authorisation to order any Bugatti parts and service any Veyron he wish too! Imagine how much of an accomplishment this can be. This car make approx. 1500-1600hp and does the 0-100kmh under 2 seconds, I was told 1,8. I thought 3-3.5sec was hella fast…. !! That’s twice quicker LOL! Insane.

Coté esthétique, la Veyron a été repeinturé en deux couleurs, soit noir lustré et black chrome. Je ne sais pas pour vous, mais c’est la première fois que j’entends qu’on utilise du black chrome autre que sur les roues, Tout ça à été fait à l’atelier de peinture Custom Rides, j’en étais impressionné ; maudit beau fini unique. Les roues ont reçu le même traitement. L’auto avait été sablée précédemment selon 4 grades de grains différents (si je me rappelle bien), j’avais la tâche de finir la voiture, bref, de faire un DETAILING haha ! La peinture étant encore fraiche, un simple polissage de finition sur une random orbital fut nécessaire. Pour les endroits où il y avait quelques pigtail du au sablage, j’ai utilisé un processus rotary et random orbital; un 3-step. Nous reviendrons plus tard sur ce qu’est un pigtail.

So let’s talk detailing now, this car received a custom paint 2 tones ; jet black and black chrome. I don’t know for you, but I never heard black chrome on a car, only on wheels but not on the body. It look outstanding! However, it was an extra difficulty to the polishing step.. The whole car got wet-sanded with 4 differents grits and here I came into action, I was asked to finish this paint to a jewel and detail it which I did with such a joy. All in all, the paint being quite fresh was on the soft side so the random orbital was enough to tackle the blemish and pigtails were taking care with my rotary and a 3-step process.

Few hours later, the car left on the plane to Monaco, tons of spotted pictures are traveling around the www, glad the car made it in one-piece :)

Enfin, un léger detail a été fait à l’intérieur, juste pour dire, dans le fond. Un autre detail intérieur plus exhaustif serait de mise.

Le lendemain l’auto quittait pour Monaco, le propriétaire avait envie de retrouvé sa voiture après un long processus de construction. Quelques photos se sont déjà promener sur Internet.

Initial condition of the car :

dsc6262t.jpg

Hologram left du to the compounding step and pigtails:
dsc6263.JPG

As I said, I would get back to you on what is a pigtails, I instead decided to quote a great detailer know worldwide ; Mike Phillips who wrote this:

Pigtails
These types of scratches look like a curly pig tail and are left in the paint by a DA Sander. Typically what happens is an abrasive particle gets trapped between the paint and the face of your sanding paper and because the backing plate that holds the sandpaper is moving in an oscillating fashion, it grinds the abrasive particle into the paint in a curly pattern that looks somewhat like the tail on a pig, thus the name.

Comme je disais plutôt, les queues de cochons (pigtails) sont normalement créer dû à l'utilisation d'une machine orbitale où un débris aurait pu se loger sous le pad et inscrit créer cette forme distincte. À première vue, elles sont plus difficile à voir car la peinture est blanchâtre à cause du sablage à l'eau.

Pour l'inspection de la peinture, j'ai utilisé les spot 500watts, la torche LED brinkman et une lumière qui reproduit la lumière du soleil.

I used a combo of 500w spotlight, LED brinkman torch and my sungun to inspect the paint:
dsc6264b.jpg

You can see I’m wearing a Microfiber apron, this is a must when your working on a car and don’t want to marr the paint while working on the top panel of a car:

J'aime bien porter un tablier en microfibre car cela éviter de faire des marques avec son linge lorsqu'on travaille sur les panneaux du haut.

dsc6265v.jpg

dsc6266v.jpg

Haze, hologram, swirls were all part of the car:
dsc6267z.jpg

dsc6270j.jpg

A little bit worse on the rear bumper:
dsc6269.jpg

This is right next to the mirror, tight spot, I will need a 3 inch backing plate to work this area:
dsc6271k.jpg

My gauge was a bit useless on this car. My gauge doesn’t read carbon fiber painted surface, so I didn’t had too much reading. New gauge should be on his way soon.

Mon gauge DFT fut plutot inutile sur cette voiture pour deux raisons, elle était repeinturé et le cadran lit que l'aluminimum et le métal, pas la fibre de carbonne.

dsc6273q.jpg

Oh we have something here !
dsc6274n.jpg

This was my setup, all taped to avoid debris stuck between crevice and then having to wipe it off with a brush that would then insert marring or scratches on the paint because of how soft the paint was not a good idea. So I preferred to tape most crevices to avoid cleaning them. The spotlight was using to focus one panel at a time.

Normalement je peut camoufler un peu moins de fentes, mais n'ayant pas des jours devant moi pour faire la voiture et sachant que la peinture était fraîche, je voulais absolument minimiser le risque de créer des marques avec ma brosse pour nettoyer les résidus de poli dans les fentes, j'ai donc camoufler le plus de fente possible pour minimiser le nettoyage.

dsc6275k.jpg

It did a great job at spotting the defect:
dsc6276p.jpg

Just some bragging here; I can now say that my exclusive wax made by Raceglaze UK was sitting right next to a Bugatti plate. Just a souvenir or a next profile picture hihi.
dsc6279l.jpg

And then next to the very neat Custom rides plate with his signature. Look great, IMO! Waxxon was here :)
dsc6280m.jpg

More picture of the taping, while I was doing the taillight, I remembered the picture we can see on chemical guys where you see my friend Marc Elsworth @ Heavenly detail preparing the taillight of the veyron! Holla at you Marc!
dsc6281.jpg

More pigtails:
dsc6283r.jpg

For this event, I didn’t want to take any chance so I brought and used only brand new Microfiber towel.

Je ne voulais pas prendre de chance, j'ai donc utiliser que des microfibres neuves pour le detail, j'en ai passé pas mal haha!
dsc6286l.jpg

À partir de ce moment, je n'ai plus de photo de moi qui poli car je devais me concentrer sur la tâche et avait besoins de mes deux mains! Vue que la peinture était fraîche, j'ai été avec l'approche le plus doux possible, j'ai trouvé que la griot orbitale serait suffisante ; il me manquait qu'à trouver la combinaison pad et poli. J'ai trouver que le pad blanc avec Menzerna PO106fa était suffisant pour la majorité des défauts, sauf pour les pigtails où j'ai eu recours à la rotative avec un approche 3 étapes, soit le nouveau compound M101 de Mcguiars et le poli PO83 de Menzerna.

Ensuite, j'ai utilisé un pad noir et utilisé le paint cleanse pour retirer les huiles laissé par le poli de finition Menzerna. Et le plat de résistance, une couche de notre cire exclusive Raceglaze Special Reserve avec sa teneur des plus élevé de carnauba sur le marché

Je n'avais pas le temps de nettoyer mes pads, j'ai donc utilisé aussi des pad neuf à chaque 2-3 panneaux pour obtenir une couple consistante.

Since I was alone, I have no picture of me polishing but what I end up doing was a 1-step polish on a white pad with the random orbital with a final polish ; Menzerna PO106fa. It gave me just enough correction while still giving an almost jewel wet look.

After this, I took a black pad and gave the bugatti a paint cleanse to clean all the oils left by Menzerna PO106fa that could compromise the adherence of Waxxon’s exclusive wax ; Raceglaze Black Label Special Reserve. This blend gives that special carnauba glow that very few wax seems to offer while still offering a durability over 6months, perfect for most car that are only summer-driven.

Finally, for section that needed more attention, I took my rotary with an orange pad and the new compound from Meguiars M101. I then took a white pad with Menzerna PO83 and finally turned down to my initial combo ; dual orbital white pad and po106fa.

I should also mention I changed pad every 2-3 panels in order to always have a clean pad to work on the pad, it wasn’t time to introduce more blemish on the paint in such a tight time-frame. Didn’t had time to start washing pad either.

As far as detailing goes, I cleaned the exhaust pipe with Raceglaze Metal polish. I really like this product for the simple fact that it works just as good as other metal polish but it SMELL GOOD! Doesn’t smell chemical at all.

J'ai nettoyé tous les métaux avec le raceglaze metal polish. Ce produit travaille aussi bien que les autres polis à métal, mais à une odeur plaisante au lieu d'une odeur chimique ce qui le rend si plaisant à utiliser.
dsc6287.jpg

When I think about epic taillight, I always thing about the iconic twin rounded taillight of the Nissan Skyline, but these taillight are quite iconic too, IMO. So… I had to take a picture of it then!
dsc6288g.jpg

What a nice back! It’s very large which make it quite impressive whenyou stand right next to it while polishing the exhaust:
dsc6289v.jpg

As much as I try to take good photos, I must admit I’m a better detailer than a photographer!
dsc6290i.jpg

I forgot to mention the calliper was also custom painted to match the black theme. I coated them with the new Raceglaze Wheel sealant. This product is, by far, my favourite, because it smell very good, cost the same as other alternative, it’s almost a Wipe on Wipe off product, doesn’t streak, offer a great shine and make cleaning a lot easier.

Les étriers étaient aussi repeinturé par Custom Rides et j'ai donc utilisé le scellant nano de Raceglaze Wheel sealant conçu pour un environnement à températures plus élevé. le spray est si facile d'application et encore, une douce odeur plaisante fait que ce produit est un charme.
dsc6291.jpg

Also work on the massive metal air intake:
dsc6292n.jpg

Caption this! Our exclusive blend (with a rubber o-ring offering an anti-slip property making it easy to stand anywhere without worrying about scratching the surface, very neat!) being applied on a wolfgang hand applicator on a perfectly polished carbon fiber hood. The hood wasn’t harder to correct or jewel than any other parts if you were wondering:
dsc6293o.jpg

dsc6297r.jpg

Look at the very deep wet reflection of the aluminum jar on the hood. A great clear coat + a finishing step + a paint cleanse and a concours wax always end up with an unique lovely finish. Most ‘’detailer’’ doesn’t jewel or finish down their paint ( as long as there’s no more hologram they are happy with it) and I believe they are really missing that extra 5-10% that make the difference between a 4th place and a podium place in a concours d’élégence..
dsc6294x.jpg

Another neat addition by Custom rides, using the same typo as the original Bugatti logo, they changed it for CR:
dsc6296v.jpg

Okay so I think I wrote enough, I will let you enjoy the finished result. Every time I look at it, it makes me proud. Congratulation to Custom Rides in Laval again for thinking about this combo and make it happens and to bugatti for making such an epic car. Thanks again my friend for trusting in my skill and hooking me up ( you know who you are, no need for dropping name)

dsc6298d.jpg

dsc6299o.jpg

dsc6300z.jpg

dsc6301u.jpg

dsc6302k.jpg

dsc6303y.jpg

dsc6304.jpg

dsc6305r.jpg

dsc6306t.jpg

dsc6307g.jpg

dsc6308c.jpg

dsc6309m.jpg

dsc6310.jpg

dsc6312l.jpg

dsc6314j.jpg

dsc6315k.jpg

dsc6316ba.jpg

dsc6317kq.jpg

dsc6318l.jpg

dsc6319s.jpg

dsc6320c.jpg

dsc6321a.jpg

dsc6322l.jpg

J'aimerai vous inviter à supporter et liker notre page facebook pour vous tenir au courant des prochains projets!

If I may, if you liked this detail, feel free to visit and like our facebook page :
https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa

We’re working on another cool project to be delivered beginning of june and I can only expect to do more projects in the future so stay tuned on facebook. Our website is about to drop-out also!

If you own exotics or know someone who do, please be assure that I will take care as well as I did with this very unique Veyron!

Bref, comme mot de la fin, je tiens à vous inviter à me faire confiance pour l'entretien de votre voiture prestigieuse/exotique. Comme vous voyez, waxxon peut s'occuper de façon professionnel et sans tracas de votre véhicule.

Pour une question de polissage réalisé à montreal.. alexandre.lemay @ hec . ca

For more info regarding this polishing job, detailing , done in the greater Montreal , please contact me at alexandre.lemay @ hec . ca

Last edited:
Wow

Vraiment je trouve ca hot pour toi d'avoir la chance de faire des detailing comme ca.

Félicitation et belle job :)

Le client ne voulait pas quelques couches de scellant ou protection à peinture ?

Epic !!! Nice job, great post and cool pictures.

héhé! Thanks buddy!

ZOMG more pics of this sexy time and details on the mods!?

I didn't do any engine detail so I dont have any more pictures of the bay, but they did a photoshoot so hopefully, they did. As for the mods, I'm a detailer pro, but when it comes to mechanic, I'm no pro LOL so I'm not the good person to talk about mechanic!

Le client ne voulait pas quelques couches de scellant ou protection à peinture ?

Je sais pas si tu n'as pas lu le bout où j'ai appliqué ma propre cire sur cette auto ou (2) tu doutes de l'efficacité de la Raceglaze ? Anyways, le client fait affaire avec un pro en esthétique pour que justement j'applique ce qu'il y a de mieux pour le travail à exécuté, ce que j'ai fait :)

J'aurai "bandé" tout le long du detailing job. Damn you're a lucky man. C'est vraiment un gage de confiance qu'on t'a fait en te confiant un tel bijoux unique. Bravo Alex!

wow très belle job.

sa te fais une méchante belle publicité aussi :bigup:

la vrai questions que tlm se pose : la tu conduite ? ;)

wow très belle job.

l'auto doit valoir 1.5 millions car elle est unique a 1500hp ,imagine si y'arrive de quoi pendant tu la conduit !!! beau travail et vraiment quelle chance tu as de pouvoir compter une veyron dans ta liste !!!

l'auto doit valoir 1.5 millions car elle est unique a 1500hp ,imagine si y'arrive de quoi pendant tu la conduit !!! beau travail et vraiment quelle chance tu as de pouvoir compter une veyron dans ta liste !!!

^^ plus de $ et plus de HP

Que dire du résultat final....! Très belle réalisation sur cette machine exclusive.

Thanks! As-tu été voir le thread en bas, il y a quelqu'un qui cherche un detailer à QC.

J'aurai "bandé" tout le long du detailing job. Damn you're a lucky man. C'est vraiment un gage de confiance qu'on t'a fait en te confiant un tel bijoux unique. Bravo Alex!

Merci.

wow très belle job.

Comme tu dis, ça me fait un beau projet à mettre dans mon portfolio, mais pour garder le professionalisme, je n'ai pas conduis la voiture et je l'ai jamais fait auparavant et compte pas le faire dans le futur. Au mieux, j'accepterais une ride coté passager. that it. Mais c'est pas arrivé :)

Exactement, je voudrais pas courrir aucun risque, assurance ou non. Quand tu joues sur des voitures comme ça, tu as une tonne de gens qui attendent juste que tu te plantes pour te caller. Tu dois faire attention à tes fait et gestes.

^^ plus de $ et plus de HP

hahaha :)

Holy shit! Méchante job! La veyron est écoeurante t'as fait une job de fou!

Félicitation!

Merci cyclo!
Nice Job Alex!! T'es un esti de maniaque ! J'vais être gêné de t'amener ma mr2 maintenant lol

Bah là! J'acceptes tout style de projet. voyons!

sick work !!!!!! thx for sharing

My pleasure!

Back