Quoting pictures

Can you find something to be able to tag people with @ like on e90post ?

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=242733

I also vote toward the installation of this plugin :)

save money on bandwidth...

Website bandwith is free now, it has been for a couple of years. Most hosting companies offers unlimited bandwith usage in their plans, that's what I have and that's most likely what Danny opted for when he renewed some time ago.
Of course, this does not apply if you serve a lot of media files, but normal websites / vbulletin forums cost little to no bandwith to host.

another thing you could do is impose post limits on threads. for example once a thread reaches 1000posts its closed and a new thread is made.

What would be the point of this?

this is such a bad idea. annoys the hell out of me. why does MR always have to do different from all the other major forums.

1st, everytime someone quotes a message with a picture on it, all we see is a link. we have no clue what the picture is right off the bat.

then if i click it, it automatically downloads, or i have to manually right click, open in new tab, go to new tab, etc, to view the picture.

Ça fait juste ça avec les liens d'image tapatalk.

pis pk pas juste les cacher et donner l'option de les dérouler si tu veux les voir, comme j'ai mentionné 2x dans le thread

Je suis d'accord que ca serait mieux, mais je ne suis pas programmeur j'ai aucune idée comment ça fonctionne. Je suis juste content de pas voir la même photo 43 fois dans la même page. :)

à moins que ca soit excessivement bien fait (loading des images "on demand"), les images vont toutes être chargées pareil, juste cachées. L'argument du bandwith s'applique pas.

Par contre ca se peut que ca soit bien fait, mais j'en doute.

I like the idea of hidden images so you can chose to see them or not.

I also like the idea of capping threads.

Will look for the mods to do this.

I see on a lot on other forums the images inside a quote are automatically wrapped with
tags. So instead of displaying the images, you have the "spoiler" button and you click on it to see the images inside the quote.

As for the capping thread I strongly disagree. Things will get confusing when you have 2-3-4 threads with the same name but they are a "continuity" of each other. That means you cant just follow one thread from beginning to the end you gotta find and switch between it's part1-2-3, its actually the opposite of a "user friendly" web experience. I cant see the positive value of this feature at all.

Back