Appartment owner screwed us.

portugz

Technically, it's my gf's appartment.

So,
- Bought a condo, will be ready in two weeks: June 1st.
- Her lease ends June 31st.

- Told the dude she wanted to leave a month early as she bought a place. (We bought the condo together.)
- He says no problem if you find someone.

- Finds someone this week, calls to let him know: he says too bad, found someone for July 1st.

Meanwhile this month she's been showing the place nonstop, and it's been hell cause of all of a sudden, there's been constant leaks from the apartment upstairs. Sometimes clean, sometimes black water. The bathroom ceiling is full of black "puddle" stains.

Anyone got any ideas what to do?
Waiting on the Regie to get back to me in the meantime.

Last edited:
.....He found someone to take his shitty apartment so you just saved 1 month of rent while being able to leave early....da fuq is the problem?

yeah sorry guys, fucked up hard on that one.

She's basically gonna have to pay 1 month rent, for nothing. She's spoken to this guy weekly letting him know what the situation was, and now he fucked her (figuratively speaking you sick fucks.).

She's basically gonna have to pay 1 month rent, for nothing. She spoken to this guy weekly letting him know what the situation was, and now he fucked her (figuratively speaking you sick fucks.).

what?

Sent from China

She's basically gonna have to pay 1 month rent, for nothing. She's spoken to this guy weekly letting him know what the situation was, and now he fucked her (figuratively speaking you sick fucks.).

Tu peut quand même transférer le bail pour un mois mais c'est plus difficile de trouver quelqu'un prêt à louer pour une période aussi courte.
Tu peut avoir de la chance avec des touristes si tu le loue avec des meubles et tu les ramassent a la fin du mois de juin...

Mais je comprend que si ton propriétaire à trouver un bon locataire près à payer le montant qu'il demande, il va sauter sur l'occasion au lieu d'attendre de voir qui toi tu trouve et peut-être perde sa chance avec l'autre...

pay the months rent and get over it. Jesus christ, you should have thought ahead if you can't absorb a months rent... Your asking the landlord to do you a solid and letting you out early. The regie is going to tell you you're lease is over july first, so you pay till july first.

But srsly you could ask the new tenant if he wants to move earlier for a little money, he's going to save that on what he spends with the moving company.

pay the months rent and get over it. Jesus christ, you should have thought ahead if you can't absorb a months rent... Your asking the landlord to do you a solid and letting you out early. The regie is going to tell you you're lease is over july first, so you pay till july first.

I just bought a fucking condo, you don't think we can absorb a fucking months rent? Jesus Christ, that's past the fucking point, point is I didn't feel like burning a months rent on nothing. This was discussed ahead of time.

Thanks for the useful input.

Tu peut quand même transférer le bail pour un mois mais c'est plus difficile de trouver quelqu'un prêt à louer pour une période aussi courte.
Tu peut avoir de la chance avec des touristes si tu le loue avec des meubles et tu les ramassent a la fin du mois de juin...

Mais je comprend que si ton propriétaire à trouver un bon locataire près à payer le montant qu'il demande, il va sauter sur l'occasion au lieu d'attendre de voir qui toi tu trouve et peut-être perde sa chance avec l'autre...

C'est ca qui va être difficile. Personne va prendre ça pour un moi, déjà un mois en avance c'était assez de job. On laissais 95% des meubles en plus parce qu'on s'est acheter du nouveau.

Les meubles qui y sont, sont en très bonne condition, donc c'était un genre de bonus.

I just bought a fucking condo, you don't think we can absorb a fucking months rent? Jesus Christ, that's past the fucking point, point is I didn't feel like burning a months rent on nothing. This was discussed ahead of time.

Thanks for the useful input.

I hope you have enough cashflow to absord a months rent. It will be a long, painful road ahead if you don't.

Back