The gun thread

Je tire sur du papier, je ne fais rien d'autre pour le moment.
Je ne reload pas non plus.

Je voulais savoir c'est quoi le hype du 6.5CM car dans ma tete je m'acheterais une arme pour "tout usage" dans le 308.
Selon mes recherches le 6.5CM est plus précis dans le long range, mais plus cher et moins de recoil.
Recoil ne me derange pas, plus cher me dérange lol.

J'ai pas envie d'aller avec du 6.5 pis plutard ca devient rare et difficile a trouver...

I think I remember reading that 6.5 also doesn't burn through barrels as fast as .308 with hot loads.

If it's just paper, why not just .223? Cheap as fuck, easily comfortable to 600 yards, and a multitude of sizes.

Ya tu quelqu'un d'intéressé par un Canik TP9, mint condition? Un des meilleurs bang for the buck dans le 9mm, très précis aussi! Je vend tout simplement car j'ai pas le temps de tirer et que ça m'écœure de devoir payer un abonnement dans le beurre..

I think I remember reading that 6.5 also doesn't burn through barrels as fast as .308 with hot loads.

If it's just paper, why not just .223? Cheap as fuck, easily comfortable to 600 yards, and a multitude of sizes.

Because I know I will end up having multiple guns later on. I want to avoid that and have only one "all purpose" gun.
I don't shoot often and I do it for fun only. (for now)

Because I know I will end up having multiple guns later on. I want to avoid that and have only one "all purpose" gun.
I don't shoot often and I do it for fun only. (for now)

Something to keep in mind is what makes a good marksman rifle doesn't make a good hunting rifle.

Heavy long barrels with chassis that take a bit of time to "get in to" don't work well for hunting.

I totally get the desire to only have 1, so I would say .308 for a 1 and done.

I started reloading after I saw the difference in accuracy with a few barrel matched hand loads.

attachment.php

413725517.jpg

When i was debating between the 6.5 cm or the .308, the match ammo were both about the same price so i went with the 6.5 since it has better ballistic apparently When you shoot really long range. And since i got a spot that i can shoot 1km, then it was an easy decision. At first i wanted to stick with .308 since i already have a rifle that uses .308 so it would be less complicated when comes to reloading but i was told to go for the 6.5

Une seule arme pour la vie j'irais avec 308. Tu peux autant trouver du surplus militaire a 60c la balle que du super gold match de fou a 2$ la balle. 6.5 semble etre un beau calibre mais si ca deviens pas mainstream (cough 6.5 Grendel/458 SOCOM cough) t'es un peu baiser.

Tu reload tu?

This. Au nombre de manufacturiers qui offrent le 6.5 de nos jour j'pense que ça va avoir un relativement bon staying power.

Reste que t'es pas a l'abri que l'an prochain ils sortent le 6.66 Infidel Express* qui est 10% plus efficace avec un celebrity endorsement de navy seal et que ça devienne la nouvelle mode.

.308 c'est timeless par comparaison et tu va en trouver partout

*inventer de toute pièce

When i was debating between the 6.5 cm or the .308, the match ammo were both about the same price so i went with the 6.5 since it has better ballistic apparently When you shoot really long range. And since i got a spot that i can shoot 1km, then it was an easy decision. At first i wanted to stick with .308 since i already have a rifle that uses .308 so it would be less complicated when comes to reloading but i was told to go for the 6.5

1km eh? MR eld meet?

This. Au nombre de manufacturiers qui offrent le 6.5 de nos jour j'pense que ça va avoir un relativement bon staying power.

Reste que t'es pas a l'abri que l'an prochain ils sortent le 6.66 Infidel Express* qui est 10% plus efficace avec un celebrity endorsement de navy seal et que ça devienne la nouvelle mode.

.308 c'est timeless par comparaison et tu va en trouver partout

*inventer de toute pièce

J’achèterais clairement un gun en 6.66 Infidel Express, peu importe la performance! Le nom est sick.

Back