The gun thread

I see your side of it for sure, but some people think you might be bluffing. Taking someone's life in this situation will just lead to you spending your life in jail. We have no castle law, and no one is coming at you with 2 target loads in the legs.

If all else fails, my wife is a better shot than I am with a 1911.

Chances of this person bleeding out / expiring are still quite high with so many pellets in the thigh/groin area. More so in a SHTF situation with a compromised healthcare system. Shooting to wound or maim is unlikely to be effective in a life/death situation and could lead to needless pain or suffering.

A saying comes to mind:
"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

If push comes to shove: Go with the platform you've trained on and are the most proficient with.

And herein lies the issue with people panic buying guns. They don't have the training and experience to be effective. You're going to get crossfire, overpenetration, unintended / negligent discharges. In a crowded urban setting that's a big deal. FMJ 7.62? better not miss/ know your backdrop...

Marksmanship at the range and combat have some similarities but very significant differences as well.

1 Gun Home defense: 870 w/ 00 buck. I'm sure as shit not loading a blank ahead of the first live round as a "communication tool"

1 Gun on the move? Semi-Auto .223. PMAGS returning to USDM specs/capacity. If society collapses to the point where people are open carrying (which I don't foresee) rivets would be the least of my concerns...

More than 1? Add the pistol. Keep the boomstick handy and save it for a trustworthy ally that may not be a good shooter.

Je magasine un 12 semi auto. Les clones de Benelli M4 m'interesse

Turknelli
Komando P4
Sulun TAC12
Canuck operator

C'est toute la même affaire selon vous?

Sinon il y n similaires a des AR (uzkon) qui ont l’avantage d'avoir des chargeurs.

Chances of this person bleeding out / expiring are still quite high with so many pellets in the thigh/groin area. More so in a SHTF situation with a compromised healthcare system. Shooting to wound or maim is unlikely to be effective in a life/death situation and could lead to needless pain or suffering.

A saying comes to mind:
"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

If push comes to shove: Go with the platform you've trained on and are the most proficient with.

And herein lies the issue with people panic buying guns. They don't have the training and experience to be effective. You're going to get crossfire, overpenetration, unintended / negligent discharges. In a crowded urban setting that's a big deal. FMJ 7.62? better not miss/ know your backdrop...

Marksmanship at the range and combat have some similarities but very significant differences as well.

1 Gun Home defense: 870 w/ 00 buck. I'm sure as shit not loading a blank ahead of the first live round as a "communication tool"

1 Gun on the move? Semi-Auto .223. PMAGS returning to USDM specs/capacity. If society collapses to the point where people are open carrying (which I don't foresee) rivets would be the least of my concerns...

More than 1? Add the pistol. Keep the boomstick handy and save it for a trustworthy ally that may not be a good shooter.

Your points are all valid. Hopefully I never find myself in the position to make these choices.

My ally, for content.
20200320_180320.jpg

Je magasine un 12 semi auto. Les clones de Benelli M4 m'interesse

Turknelli
Komando P4
Sulun TAC12
Canuck operator

C'est toute la même affaire selon vous?

Sinon il y n similaires a des AR (uzkon) qui ont l’avantage d'avoir des chargeurs.

beretta 1301 tactical or comp bien avant un clone m4.
Les clones m4 le QC est ordinaire.

Can I play too?

L’été passée à Farnham
b346ce2dffc2e53d4e67b451d81fa896.jpg

0425754710f7dd1fa17e537d9f3a8be0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That PU mosin was bedded and accurised by the current owner. He told me stock it managed a 1.5MOA, his is a matching gun-to-mount-to-scope PU mosin btw.

Right now he says sub MOA with hand loads

I tried it at 200 yards and was able to get this
a646160587add4747de0e5cdda3b2c8c.jpg

f76abbc5634a7dba964a246b5de9bbe7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tempted to get another one, especially in times like there who knows how people are going to react when social order falls. hm hm

main.jpg

oh hell, this is what happens when you're self-isolating and keep browsing different sh*t... :D
Just waiting for the paperwork to clear and I should have it very soon.
M&P 9mm M2.0

Back