HTC one vs S4 vs Iphone 5 ???

• HTC One

Votes: 51 22.6%
  • Galaxie S4

Votes: 101 44.7%
  • Iphone 5

Votes: 74 32.7%

• Total voters
Je me cherche un remplaçant pour mon S8.
Je ne souhaite pas un forfait à 80$/mois, j'utilise à peine 1.5go/mois.
Je souhaite upgrader quand même, et en regardant pour le Pixel 3a xl, le vendeur m'a dit que c'était pas vraiment un upgrade, de regarder vers le Pixel 3 tout court. Mais en regardant les stats des 2 téléphone, pas certain que c'est mieux qu'un S8.

Ca serait quoi les alternative, en restant dans Android et sans toucher aux Huawei ?

Envoyé de mon SM-G950W en utilisant Tapatalk
Je viens de donner un pixel 3a a ma blonde et j'aime vraiment. Elle avait un pixel XL et le 3a est aussi gros mais bien plus slim (pas mal moins grand que mon 2xl par contre), c'est vraiment fluide et évidemment la camera torche.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

My note 10 plus will be here on Monday. I'm excited but i know i'll find something to complain about in a week. I watched a lot of videos before i did my purchase, I wish it had a better refresh rate on the screen like the One plus 7 pro. headphone jack is gone, i need one to play music in my car... Besides that, looks like a beast and will fulfill my day at work scrolling social media with absolutely no purpose of the s-pen.

The s pen is useful though. I actually use it often

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Je souhaite upgrader quand même, et en regardant pour le Pixel 3a xl, le vendeur m'a dit que c'était pas vraiment un upgrade, de regarder vers le Pixel 3 tout court. Mais en regardant les stats des 2 téléphone, pas certain que c'est mieux qu'un S8.

Ca serait quoi les alternative, en restant dans Android et sans toucher aux Huawei ?

Attends l'an prochain, il est correct ton s8. J'ai un pixel 3A et personnellement je le trouve trop gros, je comprends pas comment tu peux vouloir un XL.

My note 10 plus will be here on Monday. I'm excited but i know i'll find something to complain about in a week. I watched a lot of videos before i did my purchase, I wish it had a better refresh rate on the screen like the One plus 7 pro. headphone jack is gone, i need one to play music in my car... Besides that, looks like a beast and will fulfill my day at work scrolling social media with absolutely no purpose of the s-pen.
J'ai pas de headphone jack pis j'écoute dans mon auto via plug 1/8

Juste besoin d'un petit coussin bluetooth que je laisse en permanence branche dans l'auto.

I love everything about the note 10 plus. One thing i don't like is the finger print reader. It works once out of three times. Haven't charged my phone in 2 days, and i have 22% battery. I'm on it pretty much all day. Camera is one of the best or the best at the moment, waiting to see the comparisons against the pixel xl 4 and the new iPhone series. No ragrats.

Pixel 3 c'est pas un vrai upgrade IMO. Tu as une meilleure caméra de nuit sinon pour le reste le S8 est supérieur. Meilleure écran, plus d'écran (screen to body ratio), SD card slot, headphone jack, meilleure batterie. À toi de juger si c'est utile ou non mais côté specs, le Samsung S8 est globalement supérieur.

L'upgrade logique serait un Samsung S10. Si tu veux l'appareil à 0$, tu vas devoir upgrader ton forfait pas mal certain.

I love everything about the note 10 plus. One thing i don't like is the finger print reader. It works once out of three times. Haven't charged my phone in 2 days, and i have 22% battery. I'm on it pretty much all day. Camera is one of the best or the best at the moment, waiting to see the comparisons against the pixel xl 4 and the new iPhone series. No ragrats.

I bought a Note 10 last week. Played around with it for a while but decided to let it go. Screen was amazing to look at but I didn't care much for the rounded edges. Even with a case it felt rather exposed. The cameras were amazing though. Photos looked spectacular (but a bit fake) and I loved the wide angle the most.

I didn't enjoy going back to samsung's 3 button UI approach. Coming from an iphone / pixel w/ android 10 gestures it felt dated and step backwards. Swipe from the bottom for Samsung Pay, wtf?

I thought the fingerprint reader worked well (90% of the time) but maybe it's because I was being more deliberate than if I were using the one on the back of my pixel. I don't know how secure their version of face unlock is, but it worked quite well in conjunction w/ as an alternative to the fingerprint.

Samsung's one UI is well done. It looks good, it's fast and well organized.

As an overall platform experience however, it still isn't as pure or seamless as iOS or a pixel (Ie notification of updates from both play store and samsung store) Samsung is sort of caught between it's vision and google's and it shows in some areas. Consider bixby vs assistant. Bixby was easy to disable which is nice but I wish they would just give up on it and move on. Samsung has the best hardware but they lack some control over the software experience and it shows. With the microsoft partnership and their apps preloaded (bought from ms store) I had duplicates and triplicates of some apps/functionalities. It's a little too much.

Samsung's hardware with the pixel software would be home run IMO.

I don't like the curved edges. Sure it looks good but I drop my phone so often i don't know how it would fare.

The pixel 4 is now leaked in videos. Wonder how the radar will work for gesture (good for dirty hands) and how the face unlock will perform (seems it will pick your face even before you lift the phone from the table for example)... I really hope it's as fast as using the fingerprint because it's incredibly fast to use the fingerprint.

Still the design is bland, no notch but huge forehead. They are really behind on design but IMO the pure Android experience makes up for it

I bought a Note 10 last week. Played around with it for a while but decided to let it go. Screen was amazing to look at but I didn't care much for the rounded edges. Even with a case it felt rather exposed. The cameras were amazing though. Photos looked spectacular (but a bit fake) and I loved the wide angle the most.

I didn't enjoy going back to samsung's 3 button UI approach. Coming from an iphone / pixel w/ android 10 gestures it felt dated and step backwards. Swipe from the bottom for Samsung Pay, wtf?

I thought the fingerprint reader worked well (90% of the time) but maybe it's because I was being more deliberate than if I were using the one on the back of my pixel. I don't know how secure their version of face unlock is, but it worked quite well in conjunction w/ as an alternative to the fingerprint.

As an overall platform experience however, it still isn't as pure or seamless as iOS or a pixel (Ie notification of updates from both play store and samsung store) Samsung is sort of caught between it's vision and google's and it shows in some areas. Consider bixby vs assistant. Bixby was easy to disable which is nice but I wish they would just give up on it and move on. Samsung has the best hardware but they lack some control over the software experience and it shows. With the microsoft partnership and their apps preloaded (bought from ms store) I had duplicates and triplicates of some apps/functionalities. It's a little too much.

Did you end up giving the phone back? As much as I loved my pixel xl 2, I found it lacked features. I hope the pixel 4 will actually have 8 gigs of ram 4k 60fps video recording. I'm not to find of the design of the cameras like the iphone 11. I'll probably have to try one to appreciate it. I found their screens to not be very bright, and kind of bland. Maybe I was just too used to the samsung screen.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

There is a way to disable all (or most) those things, any samsung phone just needs a good tweak and its good to go.

I agree that both bixby and galaxy store sucks - there is a way to completely disable both easily - some of the samsung apps that cannot be removed like gallery and internet but are pretty decent and there is no need for chrome or photos if you dont mind them.

Tried a Pixel 3a, not my cup of tea, Pixel hardware scares me so many problems with them (only pixel 1 was pretty solid afaik).

There is a way to disable all (or most) those things, any samsung phone just needs a good tweak and its good to go.

I agree that both bixby and galaxy store sucks - there is a way to completely disable both easily - some of the samsung apps that cannot be removed like gallery and internet but are pretty decent and there is no need for chrome or photos if you dont mind them.

Tried a Pixel 3a, not my cup of tea, Pixel hardware scares me so many problems with them (only pixel 1 was pretty solid afaik).

Yeah, One UI is still much better than touchwiz. It's a little messy "out of the box" but it can be tailored quite easily. Samsung's browser is really good. I preferred it over chrome. It helps that you can have content blockers. Otherwise I prefer brave. Dex could have a solid potential for some businesses uses. As a consumer however, it doesn't do much for me.

Unfortunately, at the "platform" level it feels like it lack a bit of cohesiveness (between apps/services) and that's in part because of the unique position samsung finds themselves in.
Samsung pass competing with "google lock" or whatever to remember logins gets old. So does samsung pay over google pay (both have limited buy in from the banks in Canada compared to Apple Pay)

They have great hardware but little control over android's future. They got their UI just right? Too bad, google decided gestures are the future. Who knows what they'll change next... Samsung can only sit back because they're coming along for the ride wether they want it or not. They have some nice touches here and there, I'll give them that. (eg: swipe to sms from the call history for example or raise to your ear to call a contact)

They just don't have the same level of control / integration over hardware and software. And they can't afford / risk being a "vanilla" experience either. They have to differentiate their products from other android OEMS to attract and retain their customers. Sometimes this feels like they're compelled to overdo it for the sake of being "different"
The S-pen "air" gestures felt pretty gimmicky to me. There were so many of em I could hardly remember how to have it work the way I wanted it to.

Watches are sort of similar. Samsung's hardware is top shelf but tizen is meh. Android wear was one of google's worst failures IMO. It had potential but is hampered by shitty hardware.

Pixel 1 was the worst, there was a lawsuit in the USA and you could have received up to $400 if you had any problems.

Pixel 1 was the worst, there was a lawsuit in the USA and you could have received up to $400 if you had any problems.

Never heard of it, possible. I have never heard of any major issues wih pixel 1, personally know 2 people that still rock it, zero issues. Are you sure youre not refering to the pixel 2 which is plagued with issues and returns?

I worked for some time for the blue telecommunication company got to talk to the saleman plenty, mightve missed the pixel 1 part.

Never heard of it, possible. I have never heard of any major issues wih pixel 1, personally know 2 people that still rock it, zero issues. Are you sure youre not refering to the pixel 2 which is plagued with issues and returns?

I worked for some time for the blue telecommunication company got to talk to the saleman plenty, mightve missed the pixel 1 part.
Nop, Pixel 1. My girlfriend had one, what a shitty phone for the price. Display problem + microphone problem + speaker problem.

They got sued for the microphone problem.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/05/15/google-pixel-mic-lawsuit-settlement/

One plus 7T could be interesting for people who want a BYOB that razor phone does not impress me. Looks good spec wise, but i'm not a gamer on mobile.

Who cares about gaming when you can have a very fast phone with crazy battery life? If the camera was good I would throw my money at it. Guess I'll go with the pixel 4 cause I need good camera.

Back