Votes: 51 22.6%
  • Galaxie S4

Votes: 101 44.7%
  • Iphone 5

Votes: 74 32.7%

• Total voters
They are not planning to get there.

The 5 will be a solid performer for much less $

They seem to have abandonnés trying to be the best as Samsung is there with $1500 phones.

Let's hope so (i really do, I would buy it), but if you're wrong again, it is probably a good time to stop being a fanboy of google phones.

Not sure a lot of people will care for a design from 2014, it is another joke from apple if you ask me.

There are people that care for design and others for price / performance. In this current situation , not that sure that everybody will jump to get the new 12 at 1500$ +

I understand that, what do you mean exactly by price / performance?
I am sure the internals are fine, but let's take the screen - the thing that you look at all the time, is exactly the same as the IPHONE FROM 2014 from what I gather, that's performance to you? While it might do the job for a lot of people, it is still 600$ and there is plenty of phones (ie older flagships from Samsung, Google, even Apple) for that price range that the screen is light years ahead of a ''4.7-inch (diagonal) widescreen LCD Multi‑Touch display with IPS technology 1334-by-750-pixel resolution at 326ppi''

iphone 6 : 4.7 in (120 mm) Retina HD: LED-backlit IPS LCD, 1334×750 px resolution (326 ppi)

new SE : 4.7-inch (diagonal) widescreen LCD Multi‑Touch display with IPS technology 1334-by-750-pixel resolution at 326ppi

I’ve seen a doctor walk in to TELUS and get the cheapest iPhone to replace his 6. He walked out with a 7. Frig... 8 would have been so much better for future proofing but whatever. Salesperson was glad to get rid of his last 7. I don’t know about his, but the 8 was actually on sale on my epp for the same price.

11 had just come out so I’m sure he could’ve gotten a great deal on Xs. Oh well. He could probably afford any phone in the store. He just didn’t care.

That’s the reality with a lot of people..

Does it make calls? Check. Blue bubbles for messaging ? Check. Takes decent pictures ? Check. Familiar size / OS? Good enough!

I have lots of 40 yo+ colleagues still rocking 6/7/8s. They’ve got the basics figured out with that phone/OS and it suits them. If they’re power users they may even have Apple Pay setup!

They don’t watch Netflix on their phones or spend their days on tik tok ( or whatever kids are into)I bet this will be their next one.

Same for my parents. My dad won’t see a difference going from his 6 to my mom’s 8 when I upgrade her phone. She will be glad to get a better camera. No one needs to get “re-trained” for gesture navigation as the good old home button is there. ( I love faceid but some people can’t wrap their head around no physical home button)

The screen is low res but well calibrated. Ie it’s fine. They don’t call it Retina display for nothing. Most people’s eyes aren’t good enough to notice anything better anyway. Ie point of diminishing return.

people’s hands have not increased in size to keep up with Samsung’s ginormous phone and weird aspect ratio obsession either.

The iPhone SE is just “new enough” without requiring people to change their ways / habits.

And with the a13 you know it’ll last a long time without getting sluggish / not getting security updates.

It’s going to be a runaway hit in some segments.

I agree, there is those people too that will buy it....no way in hell I am going back to apple's crappy 4.7 inch screen, it plain sucks, never liked its quality. I had issues on my 6/6s with separation, my 7 had light bleed at bottom and top.

I also agree that Samsung needs to stop with the endless ''need bigger screen'' crap, way too big.

Edit - just realized the new SE is 399$ in the states, will probably appeal to more people than I thought, in the US, that's cheap.

Last edited:
Je suis à l'aube de changer de téléphone cellulaire

Quelqu'un peut m'aider à démystifier les derniers iPhone

Comment choisir entre XR, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, SE

Je suis à l'aube de changer de téléphone cellulaire

Quelqu'un peut m'aider à démystifier les derniers iPhone

Comment choisir entre XR, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, SE

XR (AKA 10 R) Modèle de 2018, LCD 6.1". Très bon appareil all around. J'sais pas ce que t'as présentement, mais coté dimensions, ce n'est pas petit par contre. Les bezels sont plus large que la compétition. Attrait principal? Le prix si tu tombes sur un bon deal.
Ironiquement, sa reste plus performant qu'un S20 a certain niveaux (singlethread) Les puces d'apple sont vraiment sur la coche et dans une classe a part, c'est pas comme si c'était un gros handicap d'être un peu plus vieux.

11 - Update du XR, ajout d'une deuxième camera ultrawide. Même écran 6.1",mais perfo amélioré. C'est pas mal ça!
(3vs4gb Ram, puce A13 vs A12. C'est la puce la plus performante sur le marché, les autres sont loin derrières) Duré de vie de batterie vraiment impresionnante. Avec un usage leger tu te rends a 2 jours facile. A vrai dire, la deuxieme caméra c'est un peu un gimmick, mais si t'es du genre a garder ton téléphone longtemps, il va avoir une plus longue durée de vie que le XR en raison des perfo et de la Ram.

11 Pro, sucesseur du X et XS, 5.8" L'appareil est plus compact et s'uttilise mieux a une main que le 11. Autre avantage? L'écran est AMOLED au lieux de LCD. Les contrastes sont plus élevés et les noirs sont plus noirs. Sa parait quand tu te sert du dark theme. Autre avantage, tu ajoute une autre camera au 11, une telephoto. Zoom 2x. Batterie sur la coche aussi. Rapport qualité prix? Ouf. Ça viens cher et les avantages sont loin d'être la jour et la nuit.

11 Pro Max Idem a 11 pro, juste pas mal plus gros. 6.5" je penses et encore plus grosse batterie. T'en quasiment rendu avec un iPad... (mais ça c'est mon opinion perso)

SE. Tu prends un body et écran d'iPhone 8, tu y met la puce et connectivité du 11, 3gb de ram et la caméra du XR. Bref, grosse mise a jour coté horsepower, mais petit écran et petite batterie. Ça va surtout être ça a surveiller, la durée de vie de batterie. Ça na jamais été une force du iPhone 8 parce que la capacité est très petite. (le 11 a plus de 50% de capacité de plus) J'pense que ça va être génial pour 75% de la population, mais ça dépends de tes priorités. Si t'es du genre a écouter beaucoup de vidéo tu risque d'être mieux servi par le XR ou 11, si c'est pout être appel/texto et que t'aime ça compact, ça peut être un bon coup si t'es capable de passer au dessus du feeling un peu "2015". De tous les téléphones dans la liste, c'est le seul avec touchid (unlock via fingerprint) et un bouton home. Les autres c'est FaceID

All around: C'est dur de se tromper avec un 11.

J'suis passé du X au 11 et ce sont vraiment les dimensions qui m'ont fait switcher pour le 11 pro. C'est le "perfect size" selon moi. J'aime l'uttilisation a une main et j'me rends plus facilement d'un coin a l'autre de l'écran. Si t'as des plus grosses main ou que tu t'en sers plus souvent qu'autrement a deux main, ça ne vaut p-e pas les dépenses de plus.

Les 53 000 caméras c'est un peu une gimmick, j'me sert de la même 95% du temps. En deuxième place c'est la ultra wide. Telephoto? Bah. Je l'ai, mais c'est rarement le plan A.

Last edited:
I agree, there is those people too that will buy it....no way in hell I am going back to apple's crappy 4.7 inch screen, it plain sucks, never liked its quality. I had issues on my 6/6s with separation, my 7 had light bleed at bottom and top.

I also agree that Samsung needs to stop with the endless ''need bigger screen'' crap, way too big.

Edit - just realized the new SE is 399$ in the states, will probably appeal to more people than I thought, in the US, that's cheap.

Exactly , that's my point.
I would never buy it either...but that does not take away from it's qualities and overall value.

Kind if , to get from same point A to point B only ( 5 minutes drive ), people buy a used Hyundai, others a new Cadillac, some a used Bentley and others a new Porsche.

If anyone is serious. Selling my s20+ black 128gb unlocked with box and accessories. 1150$ nothing less. That is the price for a normal s20 on kijiji.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

C'est où le meilleur deal pour un iPhone 11 Pro?

Je suis avec Bell présentement à 60$/mois pour 7 Go et j'ai eu le iPhone X à 0$, le meilleur deal en ce moment c'est Koodo/Virgin à 80$/mois pour 5 Go (qui est suffisant pour moi) avec l'appareil à 615$ upfront. Messemble c'pas à se garocher par terre comme deal... je sais que tout a augmenté depuis cet hiver (pas en lien avec la pandémie), fack récemment l'avez-vous acheté et si oui quel était votre deal?

Carrier exclusivity didn't work for Motorola the first time around, what makes them think it will now? Besides, they've done low key entry level phones for so long now, the market for a flagship moto with gimmicky edges has to be pretty small.

They're just a shell of their former self. A chinese brand bought their patents / naming rights after google failed to make the most of the motorola name. That's too bad as the google / moto pairing had some potential from the looks of it. The Moto X circa 2013ish were pretty decent devices.

Carrier exclusivity didn't work for Motorola the first time around, what makes them think it will now? Besides, they've done low key entry level phones for so long now, the market for a flagship moto with gimmicky edges has to be pretty small.

They're just a shell of their former self. A chinese brand bought their patents / naming rights after google failed to make the most of the motorola name. That's too bad as the google / moto pairing had some potential from the looks of it. The Moto X circa 2013ish were pretty decent devices.

I want them to release a à phone like the razr Kevlar phone they had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C'est où le meilleur deal pour un iPhone 11 Pro?

Je suis avec Bell présentement à 60$/mois pour 7 Go et j'ai eu le iPhone X à 0$, le meilleur deal en ce moment c'est Koodo/Virgin à 80$/mois pour 5 Go (qui est suffisant pour moi) avec l'appareil à 615$ upfront. Messemble c'pas à se garocher par terre comme deal... je sais que tout a augmenté depuis cet hiver (pas en lien avec la pandémie), fack récemment l'avez-vous acheté et si oui quel était votre deal?
Im looking too.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's a polarizing product, that's for sure.

Apple in April: Look, more of the same! Remember how much you liked it then? Yay, nostalgia! And it's "cheap" Send that covid stimulus money our way, you can do it!

Everybody else: Aren't you the most valuable company in the world? Thousands of engineers at your disposal and this is it?!

Apple in september: Introducing our most dashing product ever! The size of the SE you loved so much, with a screen ratio from this decade! Introducing the full screen "immersive retina" 5.4" iphone 12. They'll probably find a way to make it less than 1080p too.

They get so many things right... it would be nice if they weren't such a bag of dicks about everything. 64gb of storage on the 11 pro base tier... Come on now... The lock-in is real. They're so deceitful about it and abusing their market position whenever they can. Someho they never get called out on it. Microsoft got hammered with anti-trust and they weren't pushing news, music and media as well as sole/exclusive access to additional software.

I've got an s20 coming. Let's see what happens. I usually don't make it past a week before going back to iphone / apple watch combo.

Back