Road Test: 2014 Scion tC

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
0513-scion-big.jpg

http://www.autoguide.com/manufacturer/scion/2014-scion-tc-review-video-2626.html

Not a bad update.

Happy Birthday Scion! You are 10 years old. And while most spend a 10th birthday wishing for ponies, PlayStations and puppies, Scion is hard at work looking for a greater share of the market.

To date, Scion has spent $100 million on the arts to help engrain the brand into youth culture and it seems to have worked with the lowest average age for buyers of any car brand.
Still, the child of Toyota has suffered a lack of popularity in recent years, due mostly to some rather stale product.

FAST FACTS
1. The only engine available is a 2.5L 4-cylinder making 179 hp and 172 lb-ft of torque. 2. A new six-speed automatic transmission blips the throttle on down shifts.
3. Fuel economy should remain the same at 23 mpg city and 31 mpg highway for both the automatic and manual version.
4. Pricing for the 2014 tC is $19,965 for manual versions and $20965 for the automatic including delivery charges.

nice updated front end! I never liked the feel of these cars, they have a sporty appearance but the drive is boring. I rather shell out more for a Civic Si or FRS

Tu as le choix entre une coupé FWD ou une coupé RWD.... sérieux, la question ne se pose pas.. Une TC bien équipé revient presque plus chère qu'une FRS

Par contre la jetta na pas la même fonction. Ces pas un char ''sport'' de jeune .

J'ai rien contre le vieux 2.0l . Fiable et facile d'entretien. Son gros default est sa consomation

180 hp ?

tu as une Civic Si 2012 du même profil avec 200 hp et une conduite 100 fois plus sportive. c'est quoi que toyota ont pas compris ?

180hp.... me semble qu'en 2001 nissan fesait pareil dans leur sentra se-r....

Honda had 200hp and 160ft.lb pumping out of a 2.2L all the way back in 1992....

Shame that 20 years later you can barely match those numbers. 180hp at 6000 rpm is shameful.

This thing comes fully loaded for 20K. What can you expect? Cheap interior, base Camry engine. This isn't really a Civic Si competitor IMO and I hope they don;t market it that way.....I can see it as maybe a Golf 2-door/Beetle, Forte Koupe, Elantra Coupe and maybe even Civic coupe alternative.

I'd take the tC over the Civic EX coupe all day.

tC - 180HP & more equipped than the Civic EX : 21k
Civic EX coupe: 138HP - 22k

This thing comes fully loaded for 20K. What can you expect? Cheap interior, base Camry engine. This isn't really a Civic Si competitor IMO and I hope they don;t market it that way.....I can see it as maybe a Golf 2-door/Beetle, Forte Koupe, Elantra Coupe and maybe even Civic coupe alternative.

La voiture a été faite en fonction d aller chercher quelques clients dans la gamme ''sport'' a peu de frais. Le moteur tu l as deja tu prends une plateforme tu la modifies un peu tu mets de lequipement interieur. Voila, ca vends, les gens se sentent au volant d une compact sport(jai rien contre ca) c est fiable(low cost de garanties) et voila.

Honda had 200hp and 160ft.lb pumping out of a 2.2L all the way back in 1992....

Shame that 20 years later you can barely match those numbers. 180hp at 6000 rpm is shameful.

pull me out the MPG rating from then and now and you'll have answered your question

Back