Your thoughts on VGA...?

D0MZE

Sup guys,

I'm no car guy, just know a bit here and there, so please no trolls for my lack of "knowledge" :)

I was wondering what are you guys take on a car like the following BMW and fixing it,modding it a little bit, and putting it back on the road.

Is it worth the investment?

Discuss

It's not an "investment", no car is.

A VGA 99% of the time is a huge waste of money. Even if you fix it for less then a non VGA would cost you will always have a car with no warranty that is hard to sell. Banks won't finance a VGA in most cases. No one wants to buy a VGA.

There is a reason cars get written off.

The exception is some US salvage cars as the insurance companies write cars off more easily in some states.

Getting a car inspected after a VGA is a nightmare as well.

Moi j'ai déjà acheter un vga pour le remonter et ca a valu extrêmement la peine. L'auto m"est revenu a la moitier de la valeur (sans compter mon temps) et j'ai vendu l'auto 3 ans après au prix qu'elle m'était revenue.

I would do it for a track car, or a toy project to keep for many many years... But not For a daily driver... Too much hassle, rather pay a premium and avoid future headaches which will make u hate the car

VGA are only profitable if you do the work yourself. The best VGAs are from the States. I cant remember which states exactly but they write off a car when damages reach a fixed amount ($$$) Quebec insurance companies write off cars after damage reaches 80% (approx.) of the total value of the vehicle. Also many manufacturers won't honor the warranty if they find out

moi j`achete, je repare et je roule que des vga et ce depuis des annees.Je connais le metiers et j`ai pas peur du tout de tomber en panne.Il y a rien de compliquer dans l`inspection d`un vga, sauf que si tu repares pas toi-meme et que tu connais pas ca , touche pas a ca et laisse-moi faire les deals.

It's not an "investment", no car is.

A VGA 99% of the time is a huge waste of money. Even if you fix it for less then a non VGA would cost you will always have a car with no warranty that is hard to sell. Banks won't finance a VGA in most cases. No one wants to buy a VGA.

There is a reason cars get written off.

The exception is some US salvage cars as the insurance companies write cars off more easily in some states.

Getting a car inspected after a VGA is a nightmare as well.

I tend to disagree with most of this.

99% of the time it's a huge waste of money? how do you figure that? No, your car won't have warranty, but we're car guys and mod our cars, voiding warranty anyways.

MASSIVE LOL at people not wanting to buy VGAs. In my experience, people want the cheapest possible, and VGAs being cheaper sell easier.

My current daily was a VGA which I fixed myself. If you have the right connections and know what you're doing, you can save yourself a lot of money. If you don't buy a car that's been flipped and smashed badly, you shouldn't have much of an issue. My car passed inspection first shot and I doubt i'll have much problems selling it.

I tend to disagree with most of this.

99% of the time it's a huge waste of money? how do you figure that? No, your car won't have warranty, but we're car guys and mod our cars, voiding warranty anyways.

MASSIVE LOL at people not wanting to buy VGAs. In my experience, people want the cheapest possible, and VGAs being cheaper sell easier.

My current daily was a VGA which I fixed myself. If you have the right connections and know what you're doing, you can save yourself a lot of money. If you don't buy a car that's been flipped and smashed badly, you shouldn't have much of an issue. My car passed inspection first shot and I doubt i'll have much problems selling it.

People are not afraid by the VGA tag they're afraid that it might be some stupid redneck that rebuilds the car with half the pieces lol :p I do own a VGA car and I must say it's the best car i've ever had! Why? because it's almost brand new parts everywhere lol

People are not afraid by the VGA tag they're afraid that it might be some stupid redneck that rebuilds the car with half the pieces lol :p I do own a VGA car and I must say it's the best car i've ever had! Why? because it's almost brand new parts everywhere lol

i have full documentation/rebuild progress/before after pics of everything. If it's done legit, there's nothing to be scared of.

Mon père avait un commerce d'achats/ventes de véhicules légèrement accidentés (salvage). Plusieurs véhicules de sa flotte étaient des VGA/Salvage/Volés(retrouvés) des États-Unis et de l'Ontario qu'il faisait réparer. Jamais de problèmes avec ses véhicules après vente. Même que la majorité de ses clients revenaient chez mon père pour leur trouver des VGA réparés à bon prix. Mon premier véhicule était un légèrement accidenté de l'Ontario et il roule encore aujourd'hui et il est toujours propre (1998 Dodge Neon Ex).

Mais le gros point d'interrogation est: De qui tu achètes un VGA reconstruit.

Mon père avait un commerce d'achats/ventes de véhicules légèrement accidentés (salvage). Plusieurs véhicules de sa flotte étaient des VGA/Salvage/Volés(retrouvés) des États-Unis et de l'Ontario qu'il faisait réparer. Jamais de problèmes avec ses véhicules après vente. Même que la majorité de ses clients revenaient chez mon père pour leur trouver des VGA réparés à bon prix. Mon premier véhicule était un légèrement accidenté de l'Ontario et il roule encore aujourd'hui et il est toujours propre (1998 Dodge Neon Ex).

Mais le gros point d'interrogation est: De qui tu achètes un VGA reconstruit.

I think your best bet is to try to find a trustworthy family friend or connection that won't scam you

Back