Ruf Yellowbird and Ruf CTR 3

Shinobi

The 930 chassis is what started my passion for cars 30 years ago.... But the RUF Yellowbird started to "dream car" interest.
to me, even if they are not the fastest (not its not, back then it was faster than a F40), not the most comfortable, not the most practical... Who freaking cares? Im a Rotary guy at heart. But this is the best supercar ever created. PERIOD.
I had the chance to have a 930 for a weekend, and i had such a blast with this car.

And some CTR3 action also in the video...

Je suis vraiment impressionné par RUF et leur shop. Le prix est vraiment élevé mais quand tu vois le travail...

C'est quoi le pickup dans la shop? Qqn a un article dessus... Ça doit être une bombe.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

The 930 chassis is what started my passion for cars 30 years ago.... But the RUF Yellowbird started to "dream car" interest.
to me, even if they are not the fastest (not its not, back then it was faster than a F40), not the most comfortable, not the most practical... Who freaking cares? Im a Rotary guy at heart. But this is the best supercar ever created. PERIOD.
I had the chance to have a 930 for a weekend, and i had such a blast with this car.

And some CTR3 action also in the video...

You had a 930 or 911 Classic for the weekend?

Old stuff, but really nice.

Wanne see a good driver..

Check Stephan with the Yellow bird at the Ring... Fastest top speed car long before the Veyron...

Old stuff, but really nice.

Wanne see a good driver..

Check Stephan with the Yellow bird at the Ring... Fastest top speed car long before the Veyron...

they actually talk about these video you posted in the "tribute".

and the car to beat was the Ferrari F40, a true DRIVER's car. lollll
the Veyron is an amazing piece of engineering and technology, but not a DRIVER's car !!

You had a 930 or 911 Classic for the weekend?

well for about 3-4 days. A client at the garage i work at, he let me take his '81 911 (with a 3.3L N/A swap and aftermarket exhaust) for a few days when i got married in 2011.

Here is the car,

And the line-up at the reception (i got married on Circuit Gilles Villeneuve!!)

930 is code for Type-G 911 Turbo, that's a Type-G 911 not 930 :)

964 bumpers look weird on a targa

^^

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

I sooooo want a 993! One day !

dans le premier vidéo, à 2:29 , tu ressens la joie dans le visage du gars , du genre j'men fou de mourrir maintenant j'ai jamais été aussi heureux!!!

The Yellowbird is actually based on a Narrow Body 911 rather than a 930 due to its reduced drag coefficient and weight.

Bless your wife for letting you get married on the CGV, don't think many wives would allow that!

CTR
yellowbird.jpg

19868.jpg

This is the Ruf BTR, which was based on the 930.
I took this pic in Geneva last year.
DSC_0122-1.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

Back