new CRTC wireless code

I ve never been bothered by fido for data usage since I got unlimited data for 6 months back in march and every month since I ve been using an average of 25gb a month!

There is nothing new here. I have had unlocked phones for 10 years with no contract and different sims. I guess this is good news for the common person.

Ce que j'ai jamais compris du CRTC c'est toujours pour les contrats 6 mois après la proposition, pourquoi pas pour les millions de contrats en cour ?

Quand le gouvernement met une lois sur la vitesse, alcool ou autre est-ce que ça s'applique only à ceux qui obtiendrons leur permis dans 6 mois ? Non c'est pour tout le monde et c'est immédiat.

You should mention which company you're speaking about or for

Not everyone accepts that kind of threshold and quite frankly with this kind of policy they will review that once everyone starts using LTE speed as home internet yadda yadda... wont be 250-300 clients that are affecting the network anymore but much much more

he was asking about Fido... so I replied regarding the business in question. [ShInGo] in some case they might just block but Fido did not throttle the usage so blocking was the only option if the customer didnt want to lower their usage, if not it would escalate and then management would make the decision wether they keep him active and block the data or simply terminate the services with a notice so he could port out if he wanted.

as per a 25gb of usage they dont bother since you were granted a 6 month unlimited they are aware some will abuse but as the grandfathered option since its something they gave you they cannot ''ding'' you for it and will let it go but once its over if you keep on using above this amount to the 50gb mark they would then call you and tell you to lower the usage...

its a dumb policy? yes, but it's their network and will work it the way they want in the end. if one person is causing a load on it lowering the performance of others they will take action so everyone enjoys the same quality of the network available.

Ce que j'ai jamais compris du CRTC c'est toujours pour les contrats 6 mois après la proposition, pourquoi pas pour les millions de contrats en cour ?

Quand le gouvernement met une lois sur la vitesse, alcool ou autre est-ce que ça s'applique only à ceux qui obtiendrons leur permis dans 6 mois ? Non c'est pour tout le monde et c'est immédiat.

Mauvaise comparaison imo. Une question de sécurité publique vs une question de contrat.
Tu peux pas comparer un fait juridique à un acte juridique.

Mauvaise comparaison imo. Une question de sécurité publique vs une question de contrat.
Tu peux pas comparer un fait juridique à un acte juridique.

C'est plutôt qu'est-ce qui est à l'avantage de s'en mettre le plus longtemps dans les poches que ce sois les compagnie privé ou via le gouvernement en taxes et impôts.

What I would like to see is a reform on the roaming fees, they are ridiculously high in N.A. There is no reason when I travel to the US that I need to pay those fees. The EU is attacking it full force, the CRTC should do the same.

What I would like to see is a reform on the roaming fees, they are ridiculously high in N.A. There is no reason when I travel to the US that I need to pay those fees. The EU is attacking it full force, the CRTC should do the same.

Back