Official Thread : MR Mountain Bikes.

It was a lot of fun, great first ride of the season. Couple trails were muddy and wet which made it challenging on the west side but worth it.

If you guys wanna do a local meet, there is the trail behind the cemetery. It's very short, but it's got a few crazy jumps and banks.

Looking to get back into biking guys.. If a meet goes down, I'd be down.. I live in St-Jerome, and have been scoping out some spots on foot recently, there's a lot to ride all over the place.. Cheers

Hey, i'm new in St-Jérome too. At the moment, the only nice place i saw was the church. But if you go down the 117, there is this nice spot in Prévost. Right beside a school close to the 117.

I went to rigaud this weekend. First time I go on a trail in about a decade. Damn I missed it. I think this year ill stick to rigaud with my hard-tail and next year we'll see. Either I upgrade my front end with new shock and disc brake, or I buy a soft-tail bike.

It was a lot of fun, great first ride of the season. Couple trails were muddy and wet which made it challenging on the west side but worth it.

Thats awesome man! Went on a small trail off of l'Anse-à-l'Orme on sunday. Got stuck in a marsh type field and got super wet lol sucked. Sticking to mountains lol.

I went to rigaud this weekend. First time I go on a trail in about a decade. Damn I missed it. I think this year ill stick to rigaud with my hard-tail and next year we'll see. Either I upgrade my front end with new shock and disc brake, or I buy a soft-tail bike.

If your looking to build a bike, I have a Jamis Dakar Xam ii (2009 model) frame set with an FOX RP23 (worn, might need a rebuild) rear shock that I'm willing to let go cheap.

Yea, it's not super hardcore.

There are 3 jumps that i won't attempt, but my buddy is pretty good at 'em!

IMG_5691.jpg

^ You have no idea how jealous I am that you owned a BB7.

I've been trying to find a 03+ model that hasn't been too destroyed the past few years with no luck :(

Still looking...

Anyways I have your generic DH bike: Norco Shore

It's a bit old and it's a cross between freeride and DH and only has a travel of 7" but it's gotten the job done. That said I've been bottoming out the past year or so because I've been trying tougher and tougher lines and am now in need of a new front fork at the least.

Sadly I was in a motorcycle accident earlier this year and was cut up pretty bad with a slight MCL tear (first degree of 5 I believe) so I have yet to go to Bromont. I didn't even purchase my season pass, which I have done for the past 5 years.

Here's my bike model, however mine has different components on it:

bike1.jpg

And here I am on it my first season at bromont taken from a point a shoot camera that my dad had.

9620_310476415600_2715269_n.jpg

I usually go myself or with my dad but considering he is getting old, it's getting harder and harder to go with him not to mention it's not as enjoyable anymore. Yeah he's ex military and in great shape for his age but he can't keep up.

Sucks not having any buddies into awesome sports like DH :/

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-bikes-mountain-BALFA-BB7-Downhill-bike-DH-W0QQAdIdZ491689790

Don't know what year or condition this is in, but pretty cheap at 900$

saturday i m going to whiteface mointain usa and i bring my bike with me ,and its look like they have a bike track there . i just wanna see how crazy is it and how much its cost .

http://www.whiteface.com/

here is trail : http://www.whiteface.com/files/public/wf_mtnbike_map.pdf

ok i got info :

Operating Hours 9am – 3:30pm
Open Friday – Sunday: June 14-16 & 21-23
Open Daily: June 28 - Sept 2
Open Friday - Sunday: Sept 2 - Oct 14
Ticket Prices
Adult Full Day Ticket: $40
Full Day 12 & under: $25
2 day lift pass: $70
3 day lift pass: $100
Season pass: Adult $349 | 12 & Under $249

not my videos :

I already saw this bike on pinkbike for sale for 1900 so I'm assuming its a typo. Ill contact him again to see though, maybe he's lowered his price! If so I'm down and thanks for showing me because I'm so down for a bb7

Hey, i'm new in St-Jérome too. At the moment, the only nice place i saw was the church. But if you go down the 117, there is this nice spot in Prévost. Right beside a school close to the 117.

Hey dude, I haven't picked up my bike yet, but when I do, maybe we can set up a meet. Which church you talking about ? The one on Cure-Labelle? St-Georges? And what kind of riding is there? Any jumps or just a nice trail? I've found 2 spots with jumps right by my place. One looks like suicide though, but the other spot is nice, and has 2 jumps.

Sport Depot is where I go to get my bikes serviced, I believe the Owner's name is Jeff. He's a really cool guy and usually fixes my bikes pretty well.

Sport Depot was a Giant dealer up until this season when they lost their contract to Primo.

I don't know the Marin brand that now replaces their Giants but the service at Sport Depot is great.

Back