Official Thread : MR Mountain Bikes.

I've never been to sport depot, I need a couple things. How is it compared to sport au puces?

Also anybody want to purchase my DH bike lol?

I actually picked up that Balfa in Ottawa haha

My bike has full xtr specs with Hayes 9 brakes, fox vanilla rc rear, Easton handle bars w/direct mount and marzocchi super t pro front.

I bought it 5 years ago for 2k, replaced the pads and had it tuned up one run ago.

It's more of a FR bike due to the suspension travel and geometry but it rips DH regardless.

Shoot me an offer via pm if anybody is interested.

I am going back tomorrow to Sport Depot to try a few bikes and possibly leave a deposit on either the Marin I posted above or another Hardtail (it depends how good hydraulic disc brakes are in comparison to mechanical.. I may opt for a bit cheaper bike, with everything similar, just mechanical instead of hydraulic)

still rebuilding it, almost done with the front shock left
ir1i4y.jpg

by the way, can anyone recommend me a closest alternative to the Fox green suspension fluid?

UPDATE: I'm going to be checking this baby out on Thursday at Sport Depot in Laval. Retails at 699$, they've got a special, 599$ Anyone have any experience with Marin bikes ? Or Sport Depot?
She's beautiful :)
n54c.jpg

for specs: http://www.marinbikes.com/2013/bike_specs.php?serialnum=2416
Hopefully it feels as nice as it looks.

So, it's official, I put a deposit on this, and it'll be ready for delivery next Saturday. Can't wait to hit some light trails with this and move up.

Hey guys, what do you think of the Trek Superfly 100 AL? Right now I have a Gary Fisher hard tail. My baby is 15 years old and has done its time on the trails. I would keep it for the street. I'm looking around for a dual suspension 29er and found this one at the shop in pointe-claire.
http://www.trekbikes.com/ca/en/bike...in/cross_country/superfly_100/superfly_100_al

I'd say it looks like a sexy beast! Coming from a 15 year old bike, you'd be fine with a 1000$ bike, and this one looks like you'll be riding on a cloud. GO FOR IT!

I'd say it looks like a sexy beast! Coming from a 15 year old bike, you'd be fine with a 1000$ bike, and this one looks like you'll be riding on a cloud. GO FOR IT!

the bike is 2 grand. If it would be one grand, I probably would have bought it already.

Guys I don't wanna hijack the thread or anything,

But I wanna buy a bike for goofing around the trails, in and out, little bit of street, bit of woods. Anything to recommend, and what type should i go for?

My good OLD .. 01' XCR I-drive that i can't seem to give up :dunno:, Mostly ride in back country trails , So far got it 75% restored to original specs , slight mods and some good tires and she goes real good ! (dont have any real pics) but looks like this ol'dog.

Nice bikes guys heres a couple i've had. I sold the kona yesterday :cry: I should scan some pictures of mine, i've had a balfa nouveau-riche 2nd generation, one of 11 made it was one heck of a rare special bike. Had like 22 in total :bigup:

2ufpvkx.jpg

11bja76.jpg

2hphvzr.jpg

4k7m7k.jpg

2myytrk.jpg

2ms572a.jpg

nz16l0.jpg

jqj785.jpg

Mon Giant Glory est vendu,

je m'enlignais vers un Transition TR450 flambette mais quand j'ai vu que sa revenais presque a 5000$ pour un bike que je vais aller sacrer din roches, j'ai laissé faire. En ce moment je m'enligne pour un Spec Demo, pas le bike le plus original mais a mon avis un des meilleur et des plus fiable.

Mon Giant Glory est vendu,

je m'enlignais vers un Transition TR450 flambette mais quand j'ai vu que sa revenais presque a 5000$ pour un bike que je vais aller sacrer din roches, j'ai laissé faire. En ce moment je m'enligne pour un Spec Demo, pas le bike le plus original mais a mon avis un des meilleur et des plus fiable.

Voila : Spec Demo 2012 black satin/flat black

upgrades:

Derailleur X9
Freins Hope
Grip SDG
Maxxis Minion
Pedales Nukeproof

p4pb10696948_zpsa7a922dd.jpg

p4pb10696950_zps60df50f7.jpg

Back