Difference STI v7, v8 ?

simonmarcoux

J'aimerais bien savoir si quelqu'un Peut m'expliquer c'est quoi la difference entre un moteur sti v7 v8, les tramssmission, quelle version va dans quelle model de sti, la difference de puissance ?
Merci

^Version 7 is the best version they made. The most reliable, the most explosive and the funnest to drive. It was the last of the forged boxer motors.

The version 7 transmission is also very strong. I loved it. No DCCD but excellent machines.

The version 8 is the 2.5L crapbox that came out of subaru as of 2004. I'd avoid it unless you build it.

Actually, V7 and V8 are used to designate JDM cars, so a V8 motor still uses a 2.0L engine.

V7 is the bugeye, V8 the peanut eye version. I'll let someone else explain the technical differences between engines and transmissions

Here, from another forum :

JDM V7 comes with forged pistons , V8 comes with hyperuetic pistons , so internals in V7 considered less prone to detonation and are stronger .

V7 comes with VF30 , which is similar to a VF34 except its not a ballbearing , its a sleeve type . The V8 comes with VF 39 , quicker spooling because its twin scoll and has a P25 turbine side compared with VF30 which has a P18 size turbine and is single scroll . Both roughly make the same power however .

V7 has unequal length headers , hence u get that typical boxer rumble , which is lost on the V8 which has equal length headers .

V7 no DCCD as in V8.

advantage of V7 , because its single scroll , upgraeds such as uppipe , DP , and all MHI 16g , 18g , 20g ,are straight bolt ons . The V8 , difficult to get aftermarket twin scroll DP and they are far more expensive , if u want to upgrade turbo , twin scroll after ones from APS are very expensive . If u want to go 20g , have to change headers , uppipe and stock DP .

Only advantage is the VF39 spools about 200 -300rpm sooner than a VF30. Both engines otherwise are similar . Heads are the same .

Here, from another forum :

JDM V7 comes with forged pistons , V8 comes with hyperuetic pistons , so internals in V7 considered less prone to detonation and are stronger .

V7 comes with VF30 , which is similar to a VF34 except its not a ballbearing , its a sleeve type . The V8 comes with VF 39 , quicker spooling because its twin scoll and has a P25 turbine side compared with VF30 which has a P18 size turbine and is single scroll . Both roughly make the same power however .

V7 has unequal length headers , hence u get that typical boxer rumble , which is lost on the V8 which has equal length headers .

V7 no DCCD as in V8.

advantage of V7 , because its single scroll , upgraeds such as uppipe , DP , and all MHI 16g , 18g , 20g ,are straight bolt ons . The V8 , difficult to get aftermarket twin scroll DP and they are far more expensive , if u want to upgrade turbo , twin scroll after ones from APS are very expensive . If u want to go 20g , have to change headers , uppipe and stock DP .

Only advantage is the VF39 spools about 200 -300rpm sooner than a VF30. Both engines otherwise are similar . Heads are the same .
excellent, yes I got confused.

The V7, having driven one is very explosive, you feel it pull all the way to 8700rpm.

The V6 ej207 is also very very raw. I remember with the five speed, it was lag lag BOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM END OF THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD, GEV territory.

I enjoyed my V6, especially with the 5 speed, I regret selling it.

I have a 2011 STi. Let me tell you, there is no comparison. I was telling darkfenix, the car feels like I'm in a fucking boat. No power up top. It really doesn't even feel like a sports car. It feels like a family hatch.

And, the Version 6 & 7 motors can take a lot of abuse. They are bulletproof.

J'ai un version 7 et c'est très fiable. Il prend pas une goutte d'huile en 5000km. Ya du lag en maudit par exemple, c'est vraiment vache avant 4000rpm...

je voudrais savoir sont comment les plus vieilles versions? (v1-v5 STi) Et si elle sont bien modifiable et fiable. Ils coutent relativement moin cher qu'un v7 c'est certain..

Back