Question: Tenant VS Landlord, can I buy...

J'ai skippé les autres messages, mais voici la "bonne" réponse.

Selon la Regie t'a pas le droit de changer les locks. Et pour une dépense urgente tu pourrais le déduire de ton rent.

Si t'a une bonne relation avec ton proprio, change le, fait lui un double et déduit du loyer... Done deal. Tk c ce que je ferais.

:)

Uh, u were drunk and broke it! I wouldn't pay for it! If it was a problem withn the lock itself then yeah but....tenants mentality! If u weren't drunk, u woudn't of broken the key! Now weather u tell the landlord or not thats ur perogative!

I see you've perfected the art of selective reading. Hopefully it will pay off in your life.

I'm not exactly sure how you'd expect ''telling the landlord'' to be optional... he OWNS the building, which happens to include the lock. Do you suggest I leave with my lock at the end of the lease as well? I'd understand if your were playing devil's advocate here, but sincerely I don't understand what you're trying to say (then again you haven't yet read through the original post so I couldn't expect the slightest of logic in your comments).

J'ai skippé les autres messages, mais voici la "bonne" réponse.

Selon la Regie t'a pas le droit de changer les locks. Et pour une dépense urgente tu pourrais le déduire de ton rent.

Si t'a une bonne relation avec ton proprio, change le, fait lui un double et déduit du loyer... Done deal. Tk c ce que je ferais.

:)

Update for those interested:

Got a hold of the landlord and he gave me the green light to switch it out myself. He even offered to pay me for the time it would take! He had complaints from the previous tenants regarding the lock and apologized for not having changed it himself earlier.

All is well!

Back