2004 Jaguar XJ8, 4.2L V8 300HP, 29MPG All Aluminum

ralphy55

2004 Jaguar XJ8, 300 HP and 0-60mph in 6.5 seconds and yet averages 29 MPG on the highway. Even by today's standards those are remarkable numbers because of the completely aluminum unibody thus making it 600 Lbs. lighter than a comparable sedan and impermeable to rust. Computer controlled air suspension; it is the perfect compromise in that it absorbs Montreal potholes with ease and yet corners flat like a sports car. Ford spent millions developing this car and unlike Jags of the past this car has proven to be very reliable and relatively inexpensive to maintain. Check out the owner reviews, 5 stars across the board, this is a very reliable and well loved used car http://www.edmunds.com/jaguar/xj-series/2004/consumer-reviews.html

I have full service records, Carfax for the vehicles history etc. just ask.
222K, mostly highway.
Includes Summer (used 1 season only 90% tread left) Michelin tires on 2nd set of Jaguar rims, currently snow tires are mounted also on authentic Jaguar rims.
Car has not been driven since winter has started because I have a new company car.
no liens.
Car is fully equipped for winter with heated seats and the best feature; a heated steering wheel.
Just been detailed with a full 4 step compound polishing of the paint and a full leather conditioning treatment; immaculate in and out.
A/C compressor replaced last year, blows icy cold, pads and rotors changed front and back as well as air filter, pollen filter, wipers etc.
Only mechanical issue is the wipers currently need repair, car stalls when engaged, likely a linkage issue but haven't had time to look at it any further as I am always on the road.
Asking $7500 OBO as-is, first come first served, Oui je parle francais aussi
$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

Last edited:
Still available, why not own the ultimate winter beater? Heated seats, heated steering wheel, traction control (turn it off and drift like crazy) $9K

Last edited:
2004 Jag XJ8, immaculate $7500 OBO

New Pics, new price $7500 or best offer, no room to park it with all of this snow, buying a new car so this one must go!
$_20.JPG

Last edited:
I don't have room to park a new car until this one is gone, all reasonable offers accepted Ralph 514 994-7759. Car drives perfectly!

The car has been for sale for ever, obviously there is something wrong with it right? Fact is I have had only 2 phone calls and not one person has come to see the car, it is too rare and not on most people's radar. Too bad, it is a truly excellent car and I have thoroughly enjoyed it for the last three years however I have 4 cars and 1 has to go to accommodate my new company car. $7000 will get you one of the best cars that you will ever own. Ralph 514-994-7759

The transmission has been rock solid since I've owned it, a 5 speed ZF unit I believe, currently no slippage at all. Air suspension has never been worked on or replaced. This was a US import and has rarely seen winter driving although it does have snow tires, I tend to use my Audi A4 for winter.

Wiper issue has been repaired with a new wiper motor. This is a daily driver; I lent it to a friend since January as he lost his job and therefore his car but he is now back on his feet and it is time to sell it. Looking for a quick sale at $6K, not bad for a car that 10 years ago was 95K! Uses many Ford parts so repairs are not as bad as some of the other expensive European imports. Still drives like a dream, where else can you get this much classic beauty for such a low price?
$_20.JPG

Summer wheels
00d0d_ary47TMDaCl_600x450.jpg

Winter wheels
00T0T_jy3Ru8zVTqQ_600x450.jpg

more pics herehttp://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-image.html?adId=1017853515&image=1

Last edited:
Back