Which sedan would you buy out of these?

Rice.Rockets

My mom needs a car now that she sold her old mercury grand marquis. Shes looking for a durable car that she would keep for a few years. All not new but near new condition with low mileage. Now she doesn't really care about speed but she is used to V8 torque. So anything that's comfy and rides nice on the highway she would like. I think reliability and fuel mileage is what she wants

Top choices are these :
2013 ford fusion
2011 acura tsx
2012-2013 toyota camry
2012-2013 honda cr-v
2012 volks Passat
I told her to go test drive all of them to see which she likes most but I wanted to know MRs opinion. Any suggestions for other cars are welcome.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yes I know the cr-v is not a sedan but she likes it a lot. Any reason to avoid the passat?

Yes I know the cr-v is not a sedan but she likes it a lot. Any reason to avoid the passat?

Isnt she gonna find it cramped in the cabin after a Grand Marquis? Already the other possible candidates are a huge downgrade in regards to interior space, the CRV has the least width & legroom out of all her choices...

That CR-V is a combo breaker.

The Passat will be as reliable as a homeless hooker on crack cocaine (and expensive to fix too!)

Ford Fusion is ok, but I'd go for the Camry.

If she doesn`t mind leasing, she could get a brand new Accord for a good price.

If not, a slightly used Accord V6.

Fusion is very nice but she should get at least the 2.0T even though, long term, we don`t really know how these new turbo Ford engines will be in terms of reliability. She could get a 2012 Fusion V6 for a very good price though and it would be a great choice for her.

Isnt she gonna find it cramped in the cabin after a Grand Marquis? Already the other possible candidates are a huge downgrade in regards to interior space, the CRV has the least width & legroom out of all her choices...

Yes and no, she isn't big or tall so it's not an issue. She mainly liked the marquis for the minimal road noise and the soft ride. She also used to have a 99 CR-V and she loved it during winter because of the awd and high groud clearance.

Okay so Passat is out of the question so Fusion/CR-V and camry last for now.

Also I know people are going to say Fusion because of it's looks, any other reason why the fusion is the best candidate?

And if I'm getting this correctly, the Acura TSX is just a more luxurious Honda accord? like the Honda Civic / 1.7EL?

The TSX is a euro Accord.

It's also a good choice but she might miss the torque, that's why I mentioned V6 versions of the cars in the list.

The TSX is a euro Accord.

It's also a good choice but she might miss the torque, that's why I mentioned V6 versions of the cars in the list.

I think she'd prefer the fuel mileage. As long as the car is not completly gutless she would be happy. She liked the whopping 110hp and 5 torques from my civic she just wants something bigger though. I'd have to check how much fuel the V6 versions take and compare.

Next step is going to the dealers to drive an Accord, Fusion and maybe a camry

And yeah the 2.0T fusion looks very interesting, especially with the fact that the car has 65 more HP and gets the same fuel economy.

Back