doing garage floor and hallway. polyurea vs epoxy. anyone to recommend?

tsx

As title says, thinking of redoing the hallway floor and maybe garage.
Epoxy looks like the way to go or maybe polyurea if better.
Any experience s? Anyone to recommend?

Polyurea all the way.

Le secret est dans la préparation de ta dalle si elle est mal apprêté tu pourrais mettre de l'or dessus que ça va chier.
L'epoxy n'est pas élastique, réagis mal au choc thermique, à une résistance l'usure et l'abrasion de 5 à 10 fois moindre et en plus ça réagis au UV alors que le polyurea non.

Depends on what you are using it for. I personally have a lot of in and out of cars in my garage and use many tools that drop on the floor, so I opted for RaceDeck floor tiles. Epoxy/Polyurea is great and should be as durable, but if prep isn't done right and it chips somewhere, it sucks to redo it all, whereas RaceDeck tiles, if one breaks, I just need to replace 1...and if I ever move, I can bring the tiles with me for the next garage floor.

Depends on what you are using it for. I personally have a lot of in and out of cars in my garage and use many tools that drop on the floor, so I opted for RaceDeck floor tiles. Epoxy/Polyurea is great and should be as durable, but if prep isn't done right and it chips somewhere, it sucks to redo it all, whereas RaceDeck tiles, if one breaks, I just need to replace 1...and if I ever move, I can bring the tiles with me for the next garage floor.

Encore quelqu'un de mal informé.

Vue que le polyurea ne réagis pas au UV tu peut le réparer par spot.

Encore quelqu'un de mal informé.

Vue que le polyurea ne réagis pas au UV tu peut le réparer par spot.

Way to nitpick on a single detail of my entire post...

Oui, je sais que ca PEUT se reparer par spot, mais c'est tres rare que le fini va etre beau et ne pas avoir l'aire d'une patch jsutement. A moin bien entendu de faire faire la reparation par la compagnie qui l'a appliquer.

non, les tuiles en porcelaines résistent aux chutes, liquides, etc.

va voir sur garagejournal, ca semble vraiment le meilleur, et tu peut t'en sortir pas trop cher avec des fin de lignes.

Ceramique c'est un bon choix , fait juste pas l'erreur d'avoir choisi le coulis de couleur claire... A la fin de l'hiver c'etait plus tres beau...

Ceramique c'est un bon choix , fait juste pas l'erreur d'avoir choisi le coulis de couleur claire... A la fin de l'hiver c'etait plus tres beau...

Ouais le coulis coûte cher et aussi ça prends une bonne base sous les tuiles. Et de nos jours c'est presque tout de la porcelaine presque pu de céramique. Dans le garage c'est mieux porcelaine et encore la tas des niveaux (imperméabilité, dureté, etc.)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys,
Mais il sagit dun couloir de sous sol dun bloc appartement, so pas de tuile. Apparemment polyurea is the way to go.
Si le prix est bon, je ferais peut etrr le garage (8 places)
Reste juste a trouver quelqu'un =)

Thanks guys,
Mais il sagit dun couloir de sous sol dun bloc appartement, so pas de tuile. Apparemment polyurea is the way to go.
Si le prix est bon, je ferais peut etrr le garage (8 places)
Reste juste a trouver quelqu'un =)

GarageZone on des prix intéressant il parais, je fait du polyurea et polyaspartique mais je prend pas de job en bas de 5000-10 000pi2.

à la job on fait affaire avec

- perrottec
- easey polymer
- aqua-tanche

les 3 sont très bons, a voir s'ils font ce genre de petite job.

C'est pas pire les tuiles mais c'est cher en taaaa

J'en aurais pour 512 tuiles pour mon garage. À 3.75 de la tuile, ça ferait $1500 juste pour un plancher de garage. c'est un peu cher non?

Got a quote from zone garage and garage outfitters.
Zone garage a little bit more expensive done in one day. Polyurea
Garage outfitters done in 3-4 days . Epoxy + finish with polyurethane

So i guess I'll go with garage zone unless someone has a very bad experience with them

Got a quote from zone garage and garage outfitters.
Zone garage a little bit more expensive done in one day. Polyurea
Garage outfitters done in 3-4 days . Epoxy + finish with polyurethane

So i guess I'll go with garage zone unless someone has a very bad experience with them

GarageZone @ 200% then.

Garage Outfitter if their epoxy have to be done in 3 to 4 days that mean that every coat have a 8h tack time which mean they use a cheap ass product. Good quality product will have a shorter tack time which would allow them to do at least 2 coat a day.

Polyurea and polyaspartic have a really short tack time which make possible the idea of doing 3 to 4 coat within 8 to 10 hours including the floor preparation.

Epoxy+polyurea/polyaspartic.... how to rape the customer ass. It't not a bad technique cause in reality the only epoxy coat is the base coat, then after all the clear are polyurea/polyaspartic which will seal the epoxy from cracking but this way they save 3/4 of the cost on the base coat.

Nice thanks for the answer much appreciated. Thatll explain also the 5 year warranty with outfitters vs the 20 years warranty with garage zone

I got a quote from them, and they charge about $5.18/sq. ft.
So this comes out to $2600 for my 500 sq ft. garage. Ouch ...

I know this might not be your first choice or idea, but take a look at this:

525362_10151507329235569_1857724323_n.jpg

549783_10151507330105569_21974701_n.jpg

549775_10151507330655569_1730218081_n.jpg

733815_10151507329710569_1944832038_n.jpg

This garage is roughyl half the size of yours, but it still gives a good idea. This one was done with "free-Flow" tiles, they cost about $3.15 per square foot, shipped, and taxed. So for a garage your size, about $1500...and keep in mind you can tear it down and move it with you when you leave.

Just a thought.

Back