Road Test: Infiniti Q50

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
0813-q50-big.jpg

Here is a great review of the all new Q50 (G Sedan). Stupid new naming system is ass.

Why Q? That question has been haunting Infiniti over the past year like a bad smell that can’t be removed no matter how much Febreze is doused on the offending odor. Ever since the manufacturer announced a wholesale change to the naming convention of all Infiniti models, people have been scratching their heads; why now? Why Q?

Well, the answer is simple. Infiniti wants to expand, and wants to expand big. Looking globally, it’s poised to add several new models to the lineup including a new premium compact and new halo/aspirational vehicles. The problem is, there are only 26 letters in the alphabet, and most are spoken for by other manufacturers. Mercedes-Benz uses A, B, C, E, S as well as many others and BMW has a few trademarked letters like M, X and Z. Infiniti decided that rather than scrounge whatever left-over letters hadn’t been spoken for yet, it would use the one trademarked by the company for a long, long time; the letter Q.

[h=3]FAST FACTS[/h]
1. Two engines are available, a 3.7L V6 producing 328 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque and a 3.5L V6 hybrid that makes a combined 360 hp. 2. The only transmission available for the Q50 is a 7-speed automatic.
3. The Q50 3.7L is rated at 20 MPG city and 30 MPG highway while the Hybrid Q50 is officially rated at 29/36 MPG.
4. Pricing starts at $36,700 with the Q50S Hybrid AWD starting at $48,150.

Could've stuck with G for the cars... and what about the 50, was expecting a 5.0L.

Sure looks nice though.

Fak là on a le Audi Q5 et la Infiniti Q50...
À quand le retour des noms de chars pour nommer les chars au lieu de codes lettres/chiffres

We received some at Luciani Infiniti

the Hybrid is really really fast and all the new technology for the Steer by wire Steering wheel is amazing!

and price dropped down from around 3$ to 4 k$ compare to the G37x 2013

Fak là on a le Audi Q5 et la Infiniti Q50...
À quand le retour des noms de chars pour nommer les chars au lieu de codes lettres/chiffres

Infiniti à la lettre Q de réserver comme Trademark mondiale

Audi étonnament leur paie des royalties pour utiliser la lettre Q.

The flagship Infinity was always named the "Q" car, for those who were too young to remember or who weren't even born, the Q45 existed back in the 90's. So, if anything, Audi took the naming convention from Nissan (oops Infiniti).

Back in the 1990, the Q45 was a massive glorified Nissan Maxima. It was awkward & ugly but sportier than the rival Lexus LS400...

1990-Infiniti-Q45-Sedan-Image-02.jpg

InfinitiQ45_Fuj03221.jpg

They should bring back the G20! Only discontinued in 2002. I suppose it would be the Q20.

2000:

2000-infiniti-g20-9252.jpg

1991:

1994%20G20%20Photo.jpg

They should bring back the G20! Only discontinued in 2002. I suppose it would be the Q20.

2000:

2000-infiniti-g20-9252.jpg

1991:

1994%20G20%20Photo.jpg

I owned both when I was younger, the 1991 was fun to drive with the 2.0L and had good handling. The 2000 was slow... God are they both ugly today and they haven't aged well at all. The problem, they were both glorified Nissan's and that is the problem I have with Infiniti, Lexus and to a certain extent Audi. You can get essentially the same for less if you stick with the mother ship instead of these derivatives.

The J30 has to be on the all time ugliest cars list...

The flagship Infinity was always named the "Q" car, for those who were too young to remember or who weren't even born, the Q45 existed back in the 90's. So, if anything, Audi took the naming convention from Nissan (oops Infiniti).

Back in the 1990, the Q45 was a massive glorified Nissan Maxima. It was awkward & ugly but sportier than the rival Lexus LS400...

1990-Infiniti-Q45-Sedan-Image-02.jpg

InfinitiQ45_Fuj03221.jpg
Rien a voir avec une Maxima... c'est voitures etais RWD lol

Back