Toe/camber adjustment

g-ng

Hi all,

I have a Civic EK. What are the usual camber/ toe setups lapping people are running. I always thought it's better to run less front camber than the rear to maximize front contact patch. But some people tell me to run more front camber than the rear.

The problem is I have 15 X 8 + 36 with 205/50/15 and they're flush on the fenders. And rear camber is at -4 and front is at -2.75.
Is it true I need more front camber?

Also, what about toe? Inward positive toe for braking stability but should I run 0 toe all around?

How do you guys set up your suspension?

info:
EK sedan
Koni Yellow + GC 500F/600R
Skunk 2 camber kit F/R, rear LCA
22mm front SIR swaybar Whiteline 24mm rear+brace
no custom toe adjustment, just OEM.

Thanks

L'ajustement du camber se fait principalement avec un pyromètre.

On pourrait te donner des chiffres en l'air, mais sur le terrain, il se peut qu'ils ne valent rien.

Je sais que tu t'attends à recevoir des chiffres, alors voici ce que MOI je ferais avec ton auto si j'étais le conducteur :

J’enlèverais beaucoup de camber en arrière, je viserais -1.5/-2 max. Je prendrais les températures des pneus avant et je suis pas mal certain que tu aurais besoin d'aller vers -3 et peut être plus loin. Finalement, je remonterais l'auto, parce que FLUSH et TRACK c'est pas compatible rendu à un certain niveau.

ah, c'est la clé manquante. Alors, pour savoir ce que ma voiture a besoin, je vais devoir mesurer la temp, a l'exterieur, millieu, et interieur des pneus. Alors, si c'est plus chaud vers l'exterieur, je dois dial in plus de camber?

Commence avec -3.0AV et -1.5ARR, 1/8 toe-out AV, 0 toe ARR. Pressions dependament du pneu, mais vise 32-34psi AV, 30-32psi ARR à chaud.

J'etais a icar aujourd'hui. J'ai vraiment pas bien performer. ZERO en consistency, beaucoup de understeer, mauvais ligne. tres decu de ma performance. J'avais meme amener un pyrometre mais il a commencer a tomber des cordes des que la session etais terminer.

tu as plus l'air d'avoir besoin d'un bon coach que de faire quoi que ce soit à ton set-up..

Last edited:
J'etais a icar aujourd'hui. J'ai vraiment pas bien performer. ZERO en consistency, beaucoup de understeer, mauvais ligne. tres decu de ma performance. J'avais meme amener un pyrometre mais il a commencer a tomber des cordes des que la session etais terminer.

We all have a tendency to over estimate our driving abilities. Take your time and learn correctly. You had a lot of good info / suggestions in your thread from very experienced members. Don't make the mistake to be "all over the map" and start from the start.

Last edited:
Ça fait 10ans que j'essaie de trouver les bons ajustements et je ne suis toujours pas satisfait... Il y a tellement de facteurs...

Premierement, tu dis que tu n'es pas constant donc il te sera très difficile d'évaluer si il te faut +/- de camber/toe/caster/pression...

La réponse plate c'est part avec une base... Si c'est un daily... part avec -2.5 av et -1.5 et mets le toe a zero partout...

Si c'est track dedicaded vas-y avec le set up plus agressif proposé pas JSI...

Prochaine chose à faire: JUST DRIVE THE CAR! Et apprends à piloter pour devenir constant. LÀ et SEULEMENT LÀ tu pourras commencer à sentir ce que tu aimes où n'aimes pas de tes paramètres d'alignement. Apprends à jouer avec tes pressions... beaucoup plus utile pour changer le comportement du véhicule on the fly... Par exemple, si ton véhicule pousse du nez, baisse un peu les pression en avant... et si ça pousse toujours du nez après avoir essayé plusieurs psi, eh bien c'est ça une traction! loll! Soit plus smooth!

Sérieux, quand on commence, on pense tous que c'est le char le problème... Il n'y a pas de set up parfait, c'est toujours une question de compromis... Et ce n'est qu'avec de la constance qu'on vient qu à savoir quest-ce qu'on doit changer... Sinon tu perds ton temps et ton $$!

(excellent avis Maxo!)

et si ça pousse toujours du nez après avoir essayé plusieurs psi, eh bien c'est ça une traction! loll! Soit plus smooth!
"We all have a tendency to over estimate our driving abilities." - Black VW

physics. my front heavy AWD cannot carry the ambitious speed I desire into a corner.
What can we do given that our braking, transition to acceleration, and turn in are relatively SMOOTH?
..we change the timing of the sequence; entry speed, angle of attack to the apex/exit, when/how to get on throttle etc etc

If you want to develop a solid base, with all the support to progress, to drive confidently, consistently, ..properly, you should come learn with ASE Lapping Club monday nights from 4:45pm+
AND if you can, enroll with AISA next spring for the race academy.

Pour être constant, un setup d'alignement t'aideras pas, ça prends du temps de piste. Une camera et un lap timer sont aussi de très bons alliers.

Pour l'alignement, laisse le toe à 0 partout, si tu roules dans la rue ça vaut pas la peine.

Who set up that car with -4.0 rear camber? Is that a joke?

I'd go with 1/16 toe out front(will help reduce evil understeer and improve steering response) 0 toe rear with camber -2.5/.75F and -1.5/.75R go from there. If you want more caster you can swap the right control arm to the left and vise versa. Seriously though you need to get the car on an alignment rack . While I agree with that everyone is saying about learning to drive etc you really can't do that properly with wacky alignment settings.. I wouldn't worry with taking tire temps with streetish tires. Focus on driving.

Oi vei... g-ng, we gotta talk and get some of those ideas out of your head. We don't even run that much camber on the FSAE (nor did I design for it either... -4deg is the MAX up front). Even V8Supercars that weigh significantly more don't run -4deg up front. You just gotta understand how to control the camber loss/gain in bump and in roll. With the ARBs that you have, Gregster has it spot on... -2.5 front, -1.5 rear with little to no toe. Time to roll those fenders...

Oi vei... g-ng, we gotta talk and get some of those ideas out of your head. We don't even run that much camber on the FSAE (nor did I design for it either... -4deg is the MAX up front). Even V8Supercars that weigh significantly more don't run -4deg up front. You just gotta understand how to control the camber loss/gain in bump and in roll. With the ARBs that you have, Gregster has it spot on... -2.5 front, -1.5 rear with little to no toe. Time to roll those fenders...

oh herro old friend.

@Greg. I'll pass by very soon.

We're comparing setup of a FWD shitbox production tub with 60/40 weight distribution to 3000lbs 650hp RWD sedan pro race cars & 500lb formula car? Seriously?

We're comparing setup of a FWD shitbox production tub with 60/40 weight distribution to 3000lbs 650hp RWD sedan pro race cars & 500lb formula car? Seriously?

Relax brosef it's a simple friendly mention/convo. No need to go all keyboard commando

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about you but this looks to be at least 4° of front camber to me :p

V8+Supercars+Round+7+Practice+ugTrtS713ZQl.jpg

J avais commencé à répondre et j ai finalement laisser faire... Mais tu résumes très bien ma pensée!

Yeah, Maxo. Anyways, we're beating a dead horse... OP got a good baseline alignment suggestion at 2.5/1.5 camber, about zero toe. That's a good enough start that wont get in the way of sorting out the nut behind the wheel before the actual car from the sound of it.

Back