Article: Old memories... 'The Cadillac Allante Is A Full-Figured Sports Car'

Motor Week was awesome. What's with the dude running to the window after the brake test?

Boy what a POS. $57K and the hood latch handle breaks off lol. Still, though, I'd love to have one in a future car collection.

Lol le body roll.... faut dire que les pneus était pas fameux non plus.....

Avez vous vue le cul lever quand il freine? lol

Btw c'est moi ou y'on l'air de rouler vite dans le slalom? P-e le bodyroll qui donne cette impression la aussi.

c'est quand meme pas pire 7.8 sec 0-100 pour les annee 80'...et les features comme electronic suspension etat assez innovateur dans ses annees la...on sait que ca a vieillit mal par contre...

That clip just made my morning. "Rambo...is a pussy!" haha. He also looks like Stephen Colbert.

Interesting tidbit from wikipedia:

A 1992 comparison test of the Northstar-powered Allanté by Car and Driver placed it above the Jaguar XJS V12 convertible and the Mercedes-Benz 300SL in North America. Although the Cadillac roadster got big points for its new engine, Allanté was criticized for its handling, which was an inherent result of the front wheel drive layout. Ultimately, it was the rapid rise in the retail price of its competitors due to changes in exchange rates that won the test for Cadillac. At that time, the Allanté's price seemed a bargain compared with the $71,888 Jaguar and $90,335 Mercedes-Benz.

Y'en avais une blanche convertible qui lappais au time attak / driffthing night cette été, elle était en parfaite condition et c'était à un couple d'un certain âge 60+ je dirais, j'espère trippé autant qu'eux rendu la!!

Lol, I've seen that movie at least 20 times and remember that Cadillac well but oddly, I've never looked into it. After seeing that test drive, it makes me wonder how Tango ever managed to pass the 18-wheeler in that car in the first place.

Lol, I've seen that movie at least 20 times and remember that Cadillac well but oddly, I've never looked into it. After seeing that test drive, it makes me wonder how Tango ever managed to pass the 18-wheeler in that car in the first place.
Because Stallone

lethal weapon 2, the car of Leo
nv9d1.jpg

The best part is that R129 SLs are still boss while that Caddy is relegated to the scrap heap. I'm shocked that people haven't brought up the insane dealer mark up that were slapped onto Allante of between 15-20k. How about GM buying back a good chunk of the Northstar cars because of never ending oil leaks?

Chrysler even had a crack at the American-Italy love affair.. expect Chrysler owned a decent stake of Maserati...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_TC_by_Maserati

1990-Chrysler-TC-02-Crop.jpg

1990-Chrysler-TC-17.jpg

Back